Nuke'm

I don't know how many of you listen to Jay Severin on 96.9 3-7 P.M., But he had pretty much said the same thing as that article a few months ago. I think this would be a bold move by President Bush if he would grow the balls to say it.

Actually, I think it would be a spectacularly bad idea - right now, we only have some of the Muslims pissed off at us - and the civilized ones are finally getting off their lazy asses and actually condemning what's being done in their name! Take out Mecca, and you have half the world after us.

Not to mention, if you take out the Dome of the Rock, another site holy to Islam, you'll piss off me and every other Jew on the globe - it's sitting right on top of the Temple Mount.

Sorry, but as tempting as it sounds (and it is tempting!), it's not a good idea.

Ross

I am not an expert in the field of Muslim, Terrorism or foreign policy nor do I claim to be. But in my opinion not doing anything to them or saying anything extreme to them at all gives them the advantage. We need to show them that this is the United State of America. We don’t take shit from nobody. Japan bombed a whole fleet of our ships. What did we do in return? We sent them a special delivery of 2 that’s right 2 packages. Oddly enough we never had a major problem with them again. This is the greatest country in the world and I refuse to let some over religious terrorist scare me. Mecca is everything to them. I believe in the right to religion but I don’t believe your religion has the right to scare, harm or kill me in any way shape or form. If there religion attacks us then I feel we must attack their religion.

It's a good thing I'm not president. The entire middle east would be a glass parking lot and gas would be 50 cents a gallon....

Moderator said:
I am not an expert in the field of Muslim, Terrorism or foreign policy nor do I claim to be.[snip]
Japan bombed a whole fleet of our ships. What did we do in return? We sent them a special delivery of 2 that’s right 2 packages. Oddly enough we never had a major problem with them again.

I'm editing this a bit - I don't like what I wrote the first time. Ross

True. But tell me, WHERE do we find the extremist Muslims? Where do we deliver the bomb? You put them on a target, and I'll happily volunteer to push the button.

With Japan, there was a whole different culture there - I'm no expert, either, but wasn't Japan a feudalist empire? With a ruling family? They were in one geographic area, and once we could take the war to them, we kicked their butts. The biggest problem was GETTING THERE back then - no ICBMs, no B2 bombers with 4000 mile ranges.

Islam is decentralized - totally - which is, I think, one of our big problems. If, say, the Catholic Church was our enemy, well, the whole world knows where the Vatican is. But in this case, they're so damned dispersed that we don't know where to drop it. Just like London won't drop a bomb on Dublin to wipe out the IRA - we don't know where the cowardly scum are hiding.

Believe me, I had friends who were either at or supposed to be at Ground Zero. One friend of mine got out from building 7, and has had his life ruined by breathing that shit from the buildings. [pneumonia, emphysemia, etc] I remember seeing the buildings collapse (on TV, at least), and I remember watching them go up as a kid. I remember the USS Cole, the Tehran Marine barracks, the Iranian hostage situation, and all the other indicators that Islam is out of control. Comment that I should never have said deleted

BUT... unless you want to have the blood of innocents on your hands - in large quantities - we can't just ask the USS Rhode Island to launch a bunch of Trident II's off to turn the Mideast into glass. Much as we'd like to do it. We still have friends there - Israel for starters, and if we can pull this off, we just might have a free and democratic IRAQ - as our FRIEND.

It's always wiser to leave room for your enemy to become your friend.

Ross

I don't think anyone's advocating genocide and no one should, not on this board anyway. However, the destruction of your enemy during war is completely different. And, has been already pointed out, there is no centralized nation that we are fighting. We are fighting an idea. We are fighting extremist fundamentalist's with a warped idea of individual rights under God (regardless of religious belief). We are fighting an enemy that has brainwashed, and coerced, into hating Westerners and Christians of any denomination. They don't occupy a territory. Rather, they are interspersed throughout the globe waging Jihad, filled with hate for everyone but themselves.

They are nothing more than soul-less murderers and it's not for God (by any name), it's strictly for greed and the primitive emotion for blood-letting. They are not civilized and cannot be dealt with in a civilized or conventional manner.

Personally, I'd like to see a dud ICBM land smack dab in the middle of Mecca...

Have a nice note attached, written in flawless Arabic:

"This time it's a warning. Next time it's flaming thermonuclear death on a stick. Wrapped in rendered hog fat."

I have mixed feelings about the idea of nuking Mecca.

1) I'm a Buddhist, and in case you don't remember there were some thousand year old Buddha statues of gigantic proportions blown up by the Taliban a year or so back. So in a sense it would be a karmic thing. You blew up something Buddhist and holy, so your holy site is now being blown up. Karma, sucks for you.

2) It's still a holy site. What do we gain by destroying a religious site when it would send just as much of a message to destroy Muslim and Taliban headquarters?

So I don't know. I'm torn. Probably a bad idea in the end.

Jay G said:
Personally, I'd like to see a dud ICBM land smack dab in the middle of Mecca...

Have a nice note attached, written in flawless Arabic:

"This time it's a warning. Next time it's flaming thermonuclear death on a stick. Wrapped in rendered hog fat."

True story:

When the government started to try and get Ozone Depleting Chemicals (ODC's for short) out of usage, they put out regulations that anything cleaned with ODC's as part of their manufacture HAD to have a warning label.

Well... the Trident program (the guys & girls who build and maintain the ICBM's that our Ohio-class submarines carry) started to wonder: who's the end user of an ICBM? I can tell you for a fact that there were people on the Trident program who wanted to stick the warning label on the nosecone of the missile - can you just picture it? Missile comes down, and there's a warning label on it that it was cleaned using Ozone Depleting Chemicals!

They finally decided that the Navy was the end user and just sent a letter to the office in charge of the program. I still think that they should have put the sticker on the nosecone.

I just want it to be known that if we do nothing we will still be attacked. This was proven on the 2nd attack of the WTC. Slick Willy had Bin Laden in our sights, but refused to do anything about it because he felt it would be a conflict of interest with other nations (please correct me if I am wrong in what I say). There are many ways to fight these bohemian's. Some more effective than others. I know that there is not one single person who has posted here that forgot about 9-11. When your family is attacked you in return must finish the battle. Every American in that building I consider to be my family. Trust me I would Love world peace, but with these radicals it will never happen. In my opinion start where you know it hurts, just as they did. You tell them that there are nukes pointed at every one of their holy sites and the next bad thing that happens in America they loose them all. And I know what some people are saying "But then all the other countries will hate us too" guess what, they already do. The EU, NATO, OPEC and others are full of Anti-American’s who just want to see us fall and crumble. If we cant have peace then we must win at war.

I am sorry if I offend anyone with my statements, I am just exercising my freedom. Difference in opinion is what makes America the greatest country to ever exist. I love you all my fellow americans and I love my country.

Yea, this is a hard one. Would I like to see all these guys blown up? Yes. But like it was said, they are everywhere.

So, if there's a group underground in New York, do we nuke them?

I'm all for getting rid of the threat anyway we can, but we have to know where the threat is.

Do we do nothing if they set off some dirty bombs in the US? I don't think so. But I also don't think that we level a country where we're making progress either. Did you even read Lynne's post? It was a letter from a guy that's seeing changes over there. Not everyone is hating us anymore. At least that's what I'm getting from the guys reporting from there, or the kids that are coming back.

Moderator said:
I just want it to be known that if we do nothing we will still be attacked.
No argument here; this has been demonstrated.
Moderator said:
You tell them that there are nukes pointed at every one of their holy sites and the next bad thing that happens in America they loose them all.
And I repeat, what are you going to do about the Dome of the Rock? (for one example) If you nuke that, you have just destroyed JERUSALEM, which, last I looked, was the home of our staunched ally in the mideast? It's a Muslim holy site, true, but it's also holy to the Jews and there are sites within a stones throw (literally!!) that are holy to the Christians.
Are you willing to destroy all that?
Moderator said:
And I know what some people are saying "But then all the other countries will hate us too" guess what, they already do.
Australia, England, Poland... No, not everyone hates us. Yet.
Moderator said:
I am sorry if I offend anyone with my statements, I am just exercising my freedom. Difference in opinion is what makes America the greatest country to ever exist. I love you all my fellow americans and I love my country.
I'm not offended, and to an extent I agree with the sentiment. I just think that you're wrong. But, as you say, the fact that we can debate this in public is the United States' greatest strength.

As much as I would like to see that glass parking lot in the middle east, I know that is not the answer,but I do think if they are shooting at us from Mosques,etc,we shouldn't be so nice as to do nothing because we are afraid of pissing people off. One of the big reminders of WW2 in Berlin Is the bombed out church smack dab in the middle of the city. I definately wouldn't advocate doing something like what the Taliban did in afghanistan to the budhas or the artifacts that were ruined.

dwarven1;

It think you make very valid points, I think we could debate this untill blue in the face. I know we can't nuke everything (as you have stated), I just think we need to stop flexing our muscles and show theese people how much we can lift. I enjoy your opinion. Thank you.

We won't even drop a bomb on a mosque in Iraq because it's a mosque. There's no way we'd drop a nuke. Besides, dropping a nuke would be too good for them. I personally like the idea of tying the bastards up to a pole, let them watch us gutting a pig and dipping bullets into the blood, then do a firing squad. (I don't know if Pershing really did that or not way back when, but I truely DO like that idea). Yes, when it comes to terrorists, I'm a cold hearted female puppy. [evil] Course, butchering the pig will probably upset PETA, but hey, ya gotta rock the boat once in a while.

Lynne said:
We won't even drop a bomb on a mosque in Iraq because it's a mosque. There's no way we'd drop a nuke. Besides, dropping a nuke would be too good for them. I personally like the idea of tying the bastards up to a pole, let them watch us gutting a pig and dipping bullets into the blood, then do a firing squad. (I don't know if Pershing really did that or not way back when, but I truely DO like that idea). Yes, when it comes to terrorists, I'm a cold hearted female puppy. [evil] Course, butchering the pig will probably upset PETA, but hey, ya gotta rock the boat once in a while.

I think you guys would be surprised what our .gov would do it we were attacked by a nuke.

I'm of the belief that IF we start popping off nukes, we'll alienate the Muslems that are right now leaning our way, or neutral. That would be a very BAD move.

Stop paying attention to the big Media. THey lie about Iraq, and you know it.

Get your info from those that have their boots on the ground. They'll probably tell you that nuking the place is a bad idea.

derek said:
Lynne said:

I think you guys would be surprised what our .gov would do it we were attacked by a nuke.

Since you put it that way, then no, we probably would respond in kind if we knew where to drop it, but would a dirty bomb fall under that category? Not that a dirty bomb is nothing, but it's not a full blown nuke. That's more along the lines of what I was thinking when I wrote that.

Moderator said:
I just think we need to stop flexing our muscles and show theese people how much we can lift. I enjoy your opinion. Thank you.

NOW you're talking! Absolutely we need to stop imitating a doormat! I'm 100% in agreement with you here. (we only disagree on methods, I think).

I think that a little more "Shock and Awe", liberally (you should pardon the expression) applied, with attention given for maximum shreklekeit, would be a good thing, indeed.

We need to use a scalpel to excise the tumor, not a flamethrower to burn the patient to a crisp. When I say scalpel, I'm thinking scalpels like an M1 Abrams scalpel, maybe backed up by a re-commissioned USS New Jersey scalpel. Nothing like a 16" scalpel to get someone's attention. Or 9 of them firing in rapid succession.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Moderator said:
I just think we need to stop flexing our muscles and show theese people how much we can lift. I enjoy your opinion. Thank you.

NOW you're talking! Absolutely we need to stop imitating a doormat! I'm 100% in agreement with you here. (we only disagree on methods, I think).

I Think we are getting much closer now 8)

Back
Top Bottom