• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSSF filed vs AGO!

Correct. He is speculating that if the AG loses the case the Legislature will just pass a new law that confirms, or goes further, than the AG's bullshit. And this is a legitimate concern.

This may be why the NSSF included the 2A as part of their lawsuit to try and block legislative action. Many here thought that was overly broad and a mistake, but taken in this context it makes sense for inclusion.

You are right. So if Healy loses the Legislature very likely will pass a new AWB that doesn’t rely on the old Federal AWB definitions (probably something more like California or NY’s bans, who knows what they might cook up). The courts have generally held assault weapons bans to be constitutional.

Check and mate. :(

I thought this case wasn't challenging the 1998 law (Mass. AWB) but rather her retroactive changing of its meaning, contradicting literally a generation of legal understanding by every other AG and the ATF for the previous 21 years.

You are right. So if Healy loses the Legislature very likely will pass a new AWB that doesn’t rely on the old Federal AWB definitions (probably something more like California or NY’s bans, who knows what they might cook up). The courts have generally held assault weapons bans to be constitutional.

Check and mate. :(
After the courts rolled it back I bet people will be buying lowers by the case before any laws get rolled in.

After the courts rolled it back I bet people will be buying lowers by the case before any laws get rolled in.
Those who have cultivated relationships with a regular dealer or two will no doubt be first in line for the lowers that come in. Think about that when chasing the last $5 in price.

I suspect if there is any doubt of a Healey victory, they will pass the law before she loses to offer her cover. They could have just done it correctly without Healey going full retard the way she did.

I dont think it would get the current case thrown out, but it will prevent new sales which is the goal of this whole shit show.

I suspect if there is any doubt of a Healey victory, they will pass the law before she loses to offer her cover. They could have just done it correctly without Healey going full retard the way she did.

I don't think the two things will be intertwined at all, frankly. If the legislature is going for a new AWB / ban / bullshit it will be long done before this settles out in the courts given the general slowness of the court
system. They're not going to have a huge pomp and circumstance (because parkland) decide to do nothing, and then 1-2 years later be like "Zomg healy gonna lose!!! emergency! bam" etc.

-Mike

IMHO if the leg is doing anything its going to be independent of her BS. I would expect something along the level of the same bullshit that CT, NY etc, already has- EG, they're going to go back for that AWB expansion trope that we dodged after sandy hook, plus probably some other filthy horse shit thrown in for bad measure.

-Mike

I think whatever comes out in discovery may affect the legislature's appetite for more gun bills. Assuming there is evidence of misconduct.

I think whatever comes out in discovery may affect the legislature's appetite for more gun bills. Assuming there is evidence of misconduct.

I don't think it will have any affect on what the legislature does at all... unless, of course, the discovery process ends up spilling a bunch of dirt on prominent gun control legislators... I really doubt that though, most of this cabal is
pretty old school. A lot of the movers aren't sitting legislators, either, which makes it tougher to uncover their BS, or hold them accountable for it. This stuff isn't even drafted in the open, etc. It just "appears" when the
bill gets filed, well, after a staffer fills in the blank spots on the law and customizes it so that nobody knows that
it actually originated from a gun law packet that was provided by VPC/Brady/MDA/shitberg or whoever the anti think tank du jour is.... another problem is most of the corruption with this stuff is soft. They don't bribe pols to
pass gun control they pull a "quid pro quo" - much like this upcoming brewery thing in Somerville- antis run a gun violence bullshit forum thing that really ends up being nothing more than a small dog and pony show for two local moonbat politicians...

-Mike

Those who have cultivated relationships with a regular dealer or two will no doubt be first in line for the lowers that come in. Think about that when chasing the last $5 in price.
Too bad most good gun shops are gone from the Worcester area. Pullman, Gun Parlor, Gun Room, H&S, Wayne's, Sparky's, Neverfail (Outdoorsman), ... What's left? Bob's in Webster, and Tombstone in one of the Brookfields. After that, there is Bron's in Sturbridge and one down in Uxbridge or somewhere off 146. Slim pickin's!

I don't think it will have any affect on what the legislature does at all... unless, of course, the discovery process ends up spilling a bunch of dirt on prominent gun control legislators... I really doubt that though, most of this cabal is
pretty old school. A lot of the movers aren't sitting legislators, either, which makes it tougher to uncover their BS, or hold them accountable for it. This stuff isn't even drafted in the open, etc. It just "appears" when the
bill gets filed, well, after a staffer fills in the blank spots on the law and customizes it so that nobody knows that
it actually originated from a gun law packet that was provided by VPC/Brady/MDA/shitberg or whoever the anti think tank du jour is.... another problem is most of the corruption with this stuff is soft. They don't bribe pols to
pass gun control they pull a "quid pro quo" - much like this upcoming brewery thing in Somerville- antis run a gun violence bullshit forum thing that really ends up being nothing more than a small dog and pony show for two local moonbat politicians.

Normally I agree with you. But remember this was during the Hillary campaign. I don't think the twits working for that campaign and potentially communicating with Healey followed the same OSPEC. I can only hope they arrogantly ran their mouths enough to drag the shadow-masters into daylight.

There is definitely a "hillary factor" Healey was just stopping sales for political reasons... mainly we would have a federal AWB now had hillary/healeys' plan (dream) came to fruition

They really disgust me with their the feminine, liberal, hippy nonsense..
They are the worst kind of fake feminists/politicians.
The "glass ceiling" isnt even a real thing for women in that if previous women politicians weren't such human garbage holding their own sex back we'd all be "equal" just like the party of the KKK still holding blacks back.

Just look how the D women treat the R women....i sure hope we have a R female president first....but it was hard to not find the idea of first lady bill Clinton funny..

Stupid libs its "first person"... such aggresive toxic masculinity..../sarcasm

I think the AGs notice of enforcement has ruined any legislative plans for more gun control right before mid terms. The AG got sued because of an enforcement by retailers since she hasn’t tried to fine or prosecute an individual. Imagine 100k or 200k people class action suit in federal court for civil rights violations? Think what will happen in the Midwest on midterms where they still cling on the Bible and their guns. The MA legislators can just roll back the AGs authority and state everything was interpreted correctly all along and then pass a law to ban new semi auto sporting rifles while grandfathering in existing sporting rifles. Since they don’t need to appeal to anyone in MA because most of them are Democrats and unopposed there is no need to hurry and risk losing races elsewhere in the US or getting sued by thousands of gunowners.
Just my opinion

Last edited:
I think Healy’s edict is keeping the legislature from taking up assault weapons because they aren’t being sold in MA right now. Why legislate it now?

If the case is won and AR’s are back on the shelf this issue will go right up to the top of the priority list.

I think Healy’s edict is keeping the legislature from taking up assault weapons because they aren’t being sold in MA right now. Why legislate it now?
Because that's never enough for antis.... parkland is a bingo square free excuse for them to attempt to take away more. Plus even the antis know that Healy's bullshit isn't really law.

I think the AGs notice of enforcement has ruined any legislative plans for more gun control right before mid terms. The AG got sued because of an enforcement by retailers since she hasn’t tried to fine or prosecute an individual. Imagine 100k or 200k people class action suit in federal court for civil rights violations? Think what will happen in the Midwest on midterms where they still cling on the Bible and their guns. The MA legislators can just roll back the AGs authority and state everything was interpreted correctly all along and then pass a law to ban new semi auto sporting rifles while grandfathering in existing sporting rifles. Since they don’t need to appeal to anyone in MA because most of them are Democrats and unopposed there is no need to hurry and risk losing races elsewhere in the US or getting sued by thousands of gunowners.
Just my opinion

Why would it matter? MA legislators are mostly "gun politics invulnerable" at the state and federal level. Nobody flips seats over gun control in MA. There are about a handful of state level seats in outlying
areas where it might matter. (like for example, I'm sure chalifoux-whatsherface being an anti was a small part of the reason she lost against Dean Tran in the local senate race here. )

You're also conflating different territories here. Outside of MA nobody knows about the AG bullshit here. The non moonbat states all think we're pretty f***ed up here anyways and pay very little attention to
what goes on. They might know who lieawatha is, maybe.... lol.

As far as at the national level... yeah, no ban... but anyone with a brain knew that 10 seconds after parkland. That won't stop from from other heinous shit, though. The worst proposal floated so far is noises about this federal level ERPO crap.

-Mike

Last edited:
Oh I think we’ll get more gun laws here in MA, I just think (for now) assault weapons won’t be part of it. I think the legislature views them right now as banned. They’ll be horrified if Healy loses the court case, blame the “gun lobby” and put a new law in place.

I could be wrong- just a hunch.

I think they will wait and see how this turns out.
If she loses and sets any kind of backlash in motion that screws up this kind of stuff on a bigger level, they risk losing even more ground and maybe further lawsuits.
They may end up being like the kid who runs his mouth about the favorite party spot for underage drinking and screws it up for everyone.
You won't be the popular kid anymore.
She gambled she was going to be at the right hand of the devil and untouchable after she pulled this.
She lost.

Don't forget, there are 2 cases pending, a 1-2 punch. If they BOTH win I suspect that the legislature won't do jack, out of fear of being slapped down again later on....

Perhaps, but if they do nothing it will have to be despite the squealing of a politically wounded Attorney General.

If Healey loses then she will doubtless launch a propaganda campaign insisting the court got it wrong, she was right and the legislature must move to correct what she will characterize as a miscarriage of justice perpetrated by the evil gun lobby.

Job number one for she and her surrogates will be lobbying the legislature to make her reputation whole.

I think the legislature views them right now as banned. They’ll be horrified if Healy loses the court case, blame the “gun lobby” and put a new law in place.

Don't forget, there are 2 cases pending, a 1-2 punch. If they BOTH win I suspect that the legislature won't do jack, out of fear of being slapped down again later on....

I'm pretty sure almost all the legislators know what the status-quo was from 2004 - 2016. They did a "comprehensive" bill in 2014 and didn't touch the AWB. If we win this case we go back to that status quo. Yes people like Linsky will push something new, but that's when we need to remind them that we're just going back to the law as written and as applied for 12 years with no problems. We'll also need to remind them that TWO groups of legislators, including a bunch of democrats, sent letters to the AG requesting clarification on her enforcement notice and she told them to pound sand and didn't even reply.

You should go to the HS's website or the twitter feed. They have posted photos of all the kids in their classrooms - check to see all the "non-political" signs.
I saw those sites. Most signs were pretty much "help us be safe" kind of stuff. The only disturbing one was the gleeful principal holding a sign, and knowing the pu$h most likely came from Soros/Bloomberg.

I think Healy’s edict is keeping the legislature from taking up assault weapons because they aren’t being sold in MA right now. Why legislate it now? If the case is won and AR’s are back on the shelf this issue will go right up to the top of the priority list ... Oh I think we’ll get more gun laws here in MA, I just think (for now) assault weapons won’t be part of it. I think the legislature views them right now as banned. They’ll be horrified if Healy loses the court case, blame the “gun lobby” and put a new law in place. ...
Wait, isn't this the group who worked SO HARD at "getting it right" in 2014 or so? They made a bunch of changes, and that was that.

Because that's never enough for antis.... parkland is a bingo square free excuse for them to attempt to take away more. Plus even the antis know that Healy's bullshit isn't really law.
As far as at the national level... yeah, no ban... but anyone with a brain knew that 10 seconds after parkland. That won't stop from from other heinous shit, though. The worst proposal floated so far is noises about this federal level ERPO crap.

Yeah, there is some of this thrown in as well.

The final answer is: nobody knows.

The problem here is that even if Maura loses she will not honor the decision and I'm sure she already has backup plan to prevent AR's from getting into the state. Her intentions are to completely eliminate personal ownership. One chip at a time.

I saw those sites. Most signs were pretty much "help us be safe" kind of stuff. The only disturbing one was the gleeful principal holding a sign, and knowing the pu$h most likely came from Soros/Bloomberg.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Handfield - he's a sneak. Known him for many years, he's a townie, used to coach with him in LL & Pop Warner. He's unqualified to be principal, but was hand picked to be a useful idiot/tool for the powers that be in Town. He has his pet students where the rules don't apply, and all the kids know it. That school is a shiteshow, and his job is to keep all of it quiet.

The problem here is that even if Maura loses she will not honor the decision and I'm sure she already has backup plan to prevent AR's from getting into the state. Her intentions are to completely eliminate personal ownership. One chip at a time.

She might feel like she is some godlike being with unlimited power.
The courts however don't much care for their decisions getting the finger.
She may try , but it's going to cause her political career more harm than good in the long run.
Assuming of course we win in the first place.

If the case is won and AR’s are back on the shelf this issue will go right up to the top of the priority list.
Until then just keep building those lowers

Perhaps, but if they do nothing it will have to be despite the squealing of a politically wounded Attorney General.

If Healey loses then she will doubtless launch a propaganda campaign insisting the court got it wrong, she was right and the legislature must move to correct what she will characterize as a miscarriage of justice perpetrated by the evil gun lobby.

Job number one for she and her surrogates will be lobbying the legislature to make her reputation whole.
they had their chance in 2014, and did nothing. Hell, the Worman case goes BEYOND getting rid of her illegal decree.....

Assault weapons bans have generally held up in the courts. If the MA legislature writes a new, farther reaching AWB the odds the courts overturn it are low.

Back
Top Bottom