• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSSF filed vs AGO!

No there is a regulation defining document retention policies. However when there is a court action, all docs related should be held until all court action is complete. But who's going to prosecute her if some docs were on a private computer with a "failed" HDD or lost?

Weird, don't towns have to keep documents forever?

we could do that today, in defiance.

the finished lower is a statement of success. you know, assuming she's legal to possess, as we wouldn't want to make ourselves criminals.

Being a politician, she's guaranteed to be guilty of something that would make her a PP. Better keep it as an 80. Avoids all those annoying ATF regulations about serializing lowers and intent to sell.

Judge Refuses To Dismiss Lawsuit Against Healey Over 'Copycat' Weapons
A judge has denied Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey's request to dismiss a lawsuit filed against her over her crackdown on "copycat" assault weapons.

Judge Timothy Hillman says in an order issued Wednesday gun shops have valid questions as to whether Healey gave them fair notice about the ban. He says they have a "plausible claim" that Healey deprived them of property without due process.

The Democratic attorney general sent a notice to gun sellers and manufacturers in 2016 saying state law bans a "copy" or "duplicate" weapon, such as copies of the Colt AR-15 and the Kalashnikov AK-47.

For instance, the court finds the difference of .22 and .223 to be more or less a joke as we should be expected to know what the order talks about, but does not give a nod to the mathematical principle of rounding or that your last digit is more or less inaccurate. .22 and .223 obviously have .003" difference in length- that's just about the thickness of a sheet of paper, and not insignificant when you consider tolerance.

denial of dismissal said:
The Plaintiffs point to the AG’s initial notice which allowed that .22 caliber weapons were exempt from the definition of assault weapons.
The Plaintiffs (somewhat disingenuously) claim that they felt that this included .223 caliber weapons even though .223 clearly exceeds .22 (inches).

Funny they don't bother to note that .22LR also exceeds 0.22 inches, since the actual diameter of .22LR is actually .223" (and .223 Rem. is .224")

All I can hope for is that the discovery phase is devastating to the AG, the political cabal behind all of this, and maybe some members of the legislature/governor's office. If criminal behavior is uncovered, I hope the feds have a field day.

IMHO Worse that will happen is some embarrassment and we'll have an endless supply of fodder from it.... but she's never going to get prosecuted for
anything. I would put money on that as a prop bet. Worst thing is her base will not care even if it is proven that she's ethically and morally bankrupt; that's practically a
selling point for her base... thats how f***ed up a lot of those people are.

-Mike

IMHO Worse that will happen is some embarrassment and we'll have an endless supply of fodder from it.... but she's never going to get prosecuted for
anything. I would put money on that as a prop bet. Worst thing is her base will not care even if it is proven that she's ethically and morally bankrupt; that's practically a

-Mike

That is how I see it playing out also.

-Mike

Ya, I was talking to someone who supported her actions back when it happened. They openly admitted that what she did was outside the AG's authority and probably unlawful...but that's OK because it get guns "off the street". I had to just walk away.

Ya, I was talking to someone who supported her actions back when it happened. They openly admitted that what she did was outside the AG's authority and probably unlawful...but that's OK because it get guns "off the street". I had to just walk away.

So the ends justifies the means, nice. I guarantee if that methodology is ever used in a decision that isn't in their favor it will not be "OK".

My response in a similar debate I had: "Remember that horrid woman in Kentucky that refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses despite SCOTUS decisions? Imagine she was AG had the power to decide which State laws were enforced? Laws are rarely stricken from record, they are usually just ignored for cultural reasons... Sodomy is still illegal even in Massachusetts, interracial marriage is still technically illegal in some jurisdictions. Serious question: What rights are you willing to cede to an individual and her 'interpretations'??"

"Healey argued that, even if she were required to take down the notice, her office could still prosecute gun shops for selling copies or duplicates of the weapons she listed, rendering the lawsuit useless. But Hillman said there “are a range of potential remedies that would mitigate the harm caused by a lack of clarity in the Attorney General’s communication on this matter.”"

We're dealing with an utter tyrant.

How many lowers in a case?

About 2500 AR’s were sold just before the 6/20 deadline.

ETA: Am I getting this correct? If we win we buy lowers and efa-10 them before they’re built to make a statement?

I'm pretty sure the parties involved assumed none of this would ever come to light or become a matter of public record. I assume there were promises of positions, money, etc. in a manner which would run afoul of bribery statutes and potential discussion of evading public records laws.

Watch the AG try to pull, "the emails and the backups were deleted in accordance with MA IT standards for not saving info older than XXX days". She will continue to stall and drag out proceedings as long as possible while hiding any information possible.
This was a publicity stunt for the Hillary campaign. Maura expected to be in DC working at the DOJ, not still stuck in Ma. It backfired spectacularly

According to the article, the petty tyrant "argued that, even if she were required to take down the notice, her office could still prosecute" FFls.

This woman is out of her mind, lawless, anti-constitution, and consumed with hatred for gun owners!

“This Court cannot dismiss the Plaintiffs’ challenge to the Notice because they have raised genuine questions as to whether it gives ‘fair notice of conduct that is forbidden’ with respect to the same of certain weapons,” Hillman wrote.

Healey argued that, even if she were required to take down the notice, her office could still prosecute gun shops for selling copies or duplicates of the weapons she listed, rendering the lawsuit useless. But Hillman said there “are a range of potential remedies that would mitigate the harm caused by a lack of clarity in the Attorney General’s communication on this matter.”

Last edited:
At least we get to enjoy her being put on the spot and forced to answer .
She is right on the edge of being a sociopath and feels she answers to no one.
You don't get the option of telling a federal judge to go fly a kite.
It's going to be torture on someone with a God complex.

At least we get to enjoy her being put on the spot and forced to answer .
She is right on the edge of being a sociopath and feels she answers to no one.
You don't get the option of telling a federal judge to go fly a kite.
It's going to be torture on someone with a God complex.

I don't know - she did get that judge in TX to back off. Not sure how she did that. Bitch be connected i guess.

"Healey argued that, even if she were required to take down the notice, her office could still prosecute gun shops for selling copies or duplicates of the weapons she listed, rendering the lawsuit useless. But Hillman said there “are a range of potential remedies that would mitigate the harm caused by a lack of clarity in the Attorney General’s communication on this matter.”"

We're dealing with an utter tyrant.

Again not to be overly optimistic, but that very much sounds like someone who is on their back-foot and is going "oh shit." Threatening that the outcome won't matter before the fight is either being overly confident or scared.

State Rep Jay Livingstone stated the same to me. [puke]

"Healey argued that, even if she were required to take down the notice, her office could still prosecute gun shops for selling copies or duplicates of the weapons she listed, rendering the lawsuit useless. But Hillman said there “are a range of potential remedies that would mitigate the harm caused by a lack of clarity in the Attorney General’s communication on this matter.”

I hope the open display of arrogance, contempt, and insubordination to the authority of the court results in some sort of injunction against any further action by her office should the court rule in our favor.

Back
Top Bottom