• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSSF Expels Dick's Sporting Goods

You know, I generally hate the idea of "showcasing" when you check out items in a brick-and-mortar store then buy them cheaper online. The store deserves the sale if you're using their resources to make the decision. It's almost robbing them to support a store's competitors that way.

Which is why I'll now showcase at Dick's every chance I get, tell the employees I'm doing so, and exactly why.
the last time they pit me and my buddy on display as he purchased a marlin 795 that was on sale and rebated to about $79 out the door. I bought 12g trap loads for the same reason.
After they made their way through the store with us we played clumbsy hands. had to bed over to pick up our stuff and some how our side arms showed there face,
I swear there are people that still don't know dicks sells guns at all. Remember the products that get the least profit are down the back in the corners

Crap. I need to go buy my daughter some softball gear. [banghead]
fuk dicks for this ......I found better deals on line and at a local used gear shop. Wish I had known about the used gear place before,
I returned most of the gear I bought from dicks a few weeks ago when I found out how much more they cost. they are a mail order company also and should be able to compete with other prices. They wont price match unless you have a advertised flyer.
They charged $34 for a Easton Tball helmet ( we need one with a cage) the cage they had was another $15 and then a chin strap for $5
I asked if they had ones that came complete for less. Not a "let me check" or even " I don't know" just "nope that's how they come.
well I was annoyed and driven by my kids to buy stuff and lets go and pressure to get the gear for the game in a week.
I went home and found the same helmet complete for $34
https://www.amazon.com/Easton-Natur...479168&sr=8-2&keywords=easton+tee+ball+helmet
for softball/baseball I have been finding stuff on line clearance sections

so we will not shop at Dicks again, either at a store or online....for ANYTHING.
and anyone that we can bend their ear....we will convince them also to not buy ANYTHING at dicks.

Hey, a lot of time you are searching for something online....lets say a fish finder sonar....google steers you to Dicks. Well now instead of reading the page, we will just recoil in horror and click away to another vendor.

Its just a simple jingle to remember

Dicks...are DICKS!

The only time I almost bought something at Dicks was when they were ringing up a whole case of ammo at the per box price because the UPC code that they scanned on the case was the one box price.That was some years ago and by the time I got there,they figured out their mistake so I never bought any ammo from them.Other than that,the only time they ever had anything even remotely worth a second look was that Remington green box crap they would have on sale.Even at that price point,I would rather pay $.02 per round more for Federal white box ,or something similar.

I bought a gun safe from them years ago, maybe I should have it destroyed and bring the remains back to the store as an F-U

Come on, that would be silly.
BUT if you are passing by and feel the need, you COULD take a big dump at their front door.

Haven't set foot in Dick's in over 5 years, and never will again either. Nothing would please me more than to see them go bankrupt and close their doors forever.

My kid worked in the Lodge at the local Dick's....until they pulled this, and he gave his notice (after burning his sick time, of course). He explained that he did not see it as reasonable that Dick's would not consider an <21 and "adult" in the Lodge, but he, at 19, was OK to sell the stuff. In fact, a month or so before this, he'd purchased a .308 rifle. When this happened, he returned it! [laugh]

Manager of the dept. was p!ssed that he was giving notice (he's a stand-up kid, and would not just walk out), and the dept. manager said, "Well, I'll see that you're not going to get any shifts!".

At the end of the day, the store manager (an Anti) called him into the office, and said that he respected my son's opinion and position, and that due to a "hostile work environment" told him that he was done, as of that day, and that he'd receive his 2 weeks' pay, anyways. Manager also gave him excellent recommendations.

Oh, the dept. manager was absolutely clueless about guns, and did not have an FID/LTC [laugh]

I think I said it in another thread - just a matter of time and Dick's will be circling the drain just like Sports Authority.
Uhh...like their stock is ALREADY down by 40% in the last year. Makes Sears look like marketing genius'.

Doesn't Dick's sell other sporting stuff like skis and bicycles and tents and REI like stuff?

Yep. And during hunting season, their outdoor section is PRETTY beefed up. I wonder what that looks like when they have no more guns or ammo to sell. And when bow manf's get in on the game and preach solidarity. THEN what? Sell a few tree stands and some camo gear???? Their fishing section stinks.

All that is left at that point is clothing and golf. Too many other stores went OOB on clothing/golf in this space.

Back
Top Bottom