NSSF Expels Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's is finding out that actions/decisions have consequences. Catering to the libtards and grabbers is having a larger impact than I think they realized.

It would be interesting to see what other effect this action (by NSSF) has on other retailers. We could see some of the chains/companies that have implemented some of the same actions, roll them back in short order. Especially if more manufacturers sever ties with dick's and distributors also stop selling to them (for firearm related items). I'd also like to see any/all bow manufacturers (along with supplies for them) pull support from dick's

From Ruger:

"To All Our Loyal Fans & Customers:
We have had a number of inquiries about whether we plan to discontinue sales to Dick’s Sporting Goods. We do not sell to Dick’s. Ruger utilizes a two-step distribution system in which we sell to independent, federally licensed distributors, who sell to independent, federally licensed retailers. Because the distributors are independent, we cannot control where they sell the products they acquire. However, we share your concerns about how Dick’s is conducting itself and are disappointed by their recent actions. Given Dick’s recent pronouncements, we expect it is safe to assume that you will not be seeing Ruger firearms in their stores."

Ruger

Got an e-mail from Springfield Armory today saying they will no longer do business with anti 2A Dicks. Take that either way you want.

giphy.gif

I can hear the wood cover being nailed on Dick's coffin way over here!

I wish, but doubt it. They sell enough other overpriced stuff to carry on w/ out the business of the minute amount of gun owners that will never give them another cent.

Doesn't Dick's sell other sporting stuff like skis and bicycles and tents and REI like stuff?
They do, and I have bought in the past. And I won't be buying those from Dicks either. Good job, Dicks.
You know, I generally hate the idea of "showcasing" when you check out items in a brick-and-mortar store then buy them cheaper online. The store deserves the sale if you're using their resources to make the decision. It's almost robbing them to support a store's competitors that way.

Which is why I'll now showcase at Dick's every chance I get, tell the employees I'm doing so, and exactly why.

I'm just glad I'm not [normally] anywhere near a dick's location...

Last time I went in there was during the stupid times (2012/13) to get some ammo and a few other things (paintball CO2 bottles refilled for pushing beer to serving kegs)... At that point, I pretty much decided that I wasn't going back in. Especially once the stupidity ended and prices went back to mostly normal on ammo everywhere. I'd actually gladly drive more time/distance to go to a better store (not part of a chain) to get things. Hell, I'm thinking of doing some fishing this year. I sure as hell NOT go to dick's for any related items. I might end up making a trip up to KTP.

I seem to remember that sports authority sold the same type of merchandise as Dicks.

Dick's will go under soon enough like sports authority.

I wish, but doubt it. They sell enough other overpriced stuff to carry on w/ out the business of the minute amount of gun owners that will never give them another cent.

The thing is gun owners often bought other stuff in these stores... so its a lot more than just "gun stuff income" they are going to lose from it.

Not to mention there's a side effect in households, etc that goes downstream.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom