• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSFW; (execution on video); Situational awareness

allen-1

NES Member
Lots of postings here about self-defense, about every day carry, about situational awareness, etc.

Here's some serious reality in grainy store surveillance camera recording:
http://www.breachbangclear.com/saturday-screeds-reminders-writ-blood-nsfw-violence/

WARNING: The linked article shows video execution of a security guard at a convenience store, and a graphic photograph of his body in situ aftwards.

What's the takeaway on this?

Maybe a couple. It looks deliberate, as though robbery wasn't the motive, that the intention from the beginning was to shoot the guard. It also seems to my very untrained eye that not facing the door was a bad decision, that he got caught off guard. The big takeaway is that it only took seconds for his life to violently end and he had very little choice in the matter.

by the time the shooter exposed his gun, it was too late to do much about it and I think that the security guard may have thought that it was just a robbery and no need to go apeshit. I think 99% of roberries would have ended with shooter getting the money and getting out.

This also exposes the myth about "retreating" before you can shoot. It would not have helped in this case, I don't think so, but this is 100% the case where standing your ground would worked better for the guard guy.

There were a few moments when shooters gun was lowered, not right on the guard. That was time to act, in retrospect. 20/20 on Monday morning.

That's a hit by someone who has or wants to have a relationship with the girl at the counter. That's why he moves the guard away from the girl before he fires I bet.

Didnt look like any robbery I've seen. Literally no reason to execute this guy and then he leaves without taking a single thing or even looking in the direction of the cash register.

Didnt look like any robbery I've seen. Literally no reason to execute this guy and then he leaves without taking a single thing or even looking in the direction of the cash register.

That's the point. It seems clear after the fact that it wasn't a robbery, but while it was happening it's easy to see why they assumed it was. 99 out of 100 times this situation is a robbery. This was the one that wasn't.

It was a hit, for who knows what reason.

My takeaway is this:

If I am ever in Brazil or Framingham and see a guy walk into a convenience store with a motorcycle helmet on ,I'm gonna shoot him.

****ing great, there are a few times at the gas station when weather sucks, rain or snow, I didn't take my helmet off to the cashier.

guy wore a helmet but touched the door with bare hand...should be fingerprints...def a hit...sucks the guy was killed but like the article said...if the store needs an armed guard might be prudent to be facing the door instead of the girl

Shouldn't have had his back to the door, but this looks like a targeted hit.

The other dude behind the counter backed off and didn't do anything either.

I'm sure they thought it was a "routine" robbery... which probably happens a lot down there.

Ah lovely Brazil. When I was there, I was strictly warned to NOT leave my hotel at night for any reason. I heeded that warning. Caracas was pretty much the same. I only went out once at night and that was with my local contact and only to areas well known to him.

Ah lovely Brazil. When I was there, I was strictly warned to NOT leave my hotel at night for any reason. I heeded that warning. Caracas was pretty much the same. I only went out once at night and that was with my local contact and only to areas well known to him.

I was told the same thing in Philly around 1997

Straight up hit nothing he could've done unless he felt like going full ninja on the gun in his face or paying attention

it wasn't about a robbery, it was a hit. Someone wanted this guy dead. The dead guy was not ready, back to the door, poor awareness etc..

At 0:10 the perp lowers the gun while using his gun arm to push the door. This was the time to attack. You're within arm's reach and the gun isn't pointed at your face/chest.

At 0:12-0:14 he walks past the gunman, who has the gun pointed at the floor.

That's two opportunities to save your life.

Last edited:
obviously having your back to the door is bad posturing but in a world of security theatre, security guards are sitting ducks. their whole job is to be on display with gun showing, etc. but anyone with half a brain will case the place and then wait concealed to get the drop on the lone guard.

looked like he had a POS holster too with a flap and retention strap.

I spent some time in the Philippines and they'd have security like this all over--gas stations, convince stores. guys in mirrored glasses and sidearms. usually friendly enough--they like Americans.

I was at the airport once waiting to be picked up outside (the worst place to stand in a 3rd world country btw) and this armored car, Brit style personnel carrier, rolls up. the top turret door opens with a clang and out pops two guys with M16s and they take up positions with rifles at the low ready. then another guy jumps out with a bag and sprints to the counter for the cash pickup. those guys were ready to party. the one rifleman nearest me did wave and smile at me--such friendly people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom