• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA's new commercials

Seen a few, which is odd as I watch only an hour or two of TV per month.

I would say they are very good but are mostly preaching to the choir.

Why the F are they not preaching to blacks, Hispanics, gays, lesbians, the old, the infirm? Why not offering free courses where a permit is required to carry a gun?

I think the NRA is happy to sit on its laurels and wine/dine fat cats in Washington, and throw a bone to America with stuff like these commercials. What they REALLY NEED is a grass roots effort to get NEW GROUPS OF PEOPLE into shooting sports and protection. The way it is now, when the remaining few old white guys die off...the dems will just ram thru confiscation. We can only hang on for sooo long.

The NRA calls every 3 months, and sends "action alerts" all the time. I do not contribute, other than basic membership, just because they are being ineffective with where they spend the money. If I saw they were offering store owners and people living in Ferguson free CCW training, I would RUSH a check to them.

Last edited:
The most intelligent thing the NRA could do for word of mouth PR is offer free courses to victims of violent crime, women that have escaped domestic abuse, and business owners in high crime neighborhoods. Empowering the defenseless with the ability to defend themselves would change the hearts and minds of many.

The most intelligent thing the NRA could do for word of mouth PR is offer free courses to victims of violent crime, women that have escaped domestic abuse, and business owners in high crime neighborhoods. Empowering the defenseless with the ability to defend themselves would change the hearts and minds of many.

Pretty good idea, would put some of their $ to good use. It would also give them some serious word of mouth marketing.

Back
Top Bottom