NRA wasting money

Remember that if you are a member of GOAL or contribute to GOAL you are contributing to the NRA as GOAL is the NRA state affiliate.

I'm good with that. Just my personal choice to donate to GOAL and not directly to the NRA. Once I see clear evidence that the NRA is providing direct support to fight the serious issues we face here in Mass and that the NRA supports our legislators who deserve it, I'll consider re-joining. Another minor bone to pick is that the NRA is pulling out of Camp Perry. I have plans to go & the NRA programs provided more options. Wondering why the split. I prefer CMP programs anyway, so not that big of a deal.

Been said before, and I will say it this time....
GOAL - State level
NRA - Federal level, and aids state level as needed

No need to confuse the two.

Like, we in Massachusetts do not need help with our gun laws? Seriously? We just had property value stolen, and are barred from buying guns that we could have bought a few months ago, purely on the whim of some A.G. THAT is not enough of a frigin reason to help us out????

Like, we in Massachusetts do not need help with our gun laws? Seriously? We just had property value stolen, and are barred from buying guns that we could have bought a few months ago, purely on the whim of some A.G. THAT is not enough of a frigin reason to help us out????

Again what makes you think the NRA doesn't help us out thru GOAL? You make a rather flamboyant statement totally unsupported by facts.

BTW what is it exactly that you do to support gun rights here in Mass?

The way I look at it, GOAL - NRA- Comm2a, whatever works for you is fine.. but DO SOMETHING...

Even if is just using the Amazon link from Comm2a. I am an NRA and GOAL member and I try to do what I can, when I can. It is not my place to tell people where they should make their stand, as long as they make a stand.

so show me ONE THING, no matter how small, the NRA went out of their way to do to help us specifically in MA. Go ahead, educate me!

they don't even bother to run ads here anymore.

so show me ONE THING, no matter how small, the NRA went out of their way to do to help us specifically in MA. Go ahead, educate me!

Show me ONE THING no matter how small Spanz went out of his way to help us specifically in MA. Go ahead educate me, [rofl]

Dude, educate yourself, you're supposed to be an adult. Although it has been explained before, the NRA provides support at the NATIONAL level, however it provides state affiliates with grants to further their goals and also provide some logistical support.
They also assist in supporting the various marksmanship and training programs.

I guess you are so provincial and narrowly focused that you fail to simply see the big picture. We'd be a lot like the UK or Germany if there was no NRA and any consideration of gun laws at the state level would be moot.

You are going to believe what you are going to believe and continue to revel in your ignorance. If we had to rely on people like you as the first line of defense in protecting the 2A, and I really regret saying this because you like guns and cherish the 2A, we'd really be in bad shape.

It's fun and easy to shit on the NRA. Instead though, why don't we redirect the vitriol?

- - - Updated - - -

They help GOAL pretty regularly.

Ok, here is some redirection:
58e38df45b3f3c16dbc2d610077aea0d.png

08c014103c89805687cca38ed3c031c5.png

Best I can do lol

The NRA does a ton in New England. The NRA helped my club years ago when building one of the ranges. The NRA helped outfit our Jr rifle program with brand new rifles. The NRA might not be perfect, but they help us a hell of a lot more then hurt us particularly at the national level. Sure your state sucks but it's not the NRA's fault, it's the voters fault. Move outside and buy a 30 round mag for your AR or AK, then thank the NRA because if it wasn't for them you'd be lucky to have the gun at all.

Safety pins and Safe Spaces all around for the NRA haters, and crybabys that are terrified of some junk mail!

For people who don't want to be bothered they have a opt out of solicitations if you call and ask them they will remove you from future mailings and phone calls.

I mentioned it about five pages ago.

For NESers who don't get it, EddieCoyle above is on the Board at GOAL and he said The NRA helps GOAL pretty regularly.

Open your eyes if you refuse to open your wallet. Once you open your eyes you will probably open your wallet.

Life member of the NRA, Life member of GOAL and contribute to Comm2A.

They learned from comcast.. a couple time a week I get comcast offers begging me to sign up in the mail. Last month an offer came the same day as my comcast bill.

How is my membership money helping out when they are spending more on postage than I am giving mailing me all this crap. I gave money to help, how is this helping any?

How is my membership money helping out when they are spending more on postage than I am giving mailing me all this crap. I gave money to help, how is this helping any?

You can lead a horse to water but with logic like the above, he will probably drown before taking a single sip.

Seriously guy, read some of the two pages of posts in this thread or the hundreds of other threads exactly the same as this.

Massachusetts grants they gave to in 2014. I bet they would have given more if more clubs asked for grant money
Massachusetts
$33,561
Bernardston Police Department
Chicopee Sportsmen’s Club, Inc.
Holliston Sportsmen’s Association, Inc.
Holyoke Revolver Club, Inc.
Marlborough Fish & Game Association
Maspenock Rod & Gun Club, Inc.
Maynard Rod & Gun Club, Inc.
Sharon Fish & Game
Town of Uxbridge Police Department

Massachusetts
$39,281
Boy Scouts of America Mohegan Council
Chicopee Sportsmen’s Club, Inc.
Fall River Rod & Gun Club, Inc.
Harvard Sportsmen’s Club, Biathlon Program
Holliston Sportsmen’s Association, Inc.
Lee Sportsmen’s Association
Marlboro Fish & Game Association
Maspenock Rod & Gun Club, Inc.
Musketaquid Sportsmen’s Club
National Rifle Association of America Eddie Eagle & Refuse to be a victim
Old Sturbridge Village
Petersham Gun Club

2014 Rhode Island
$9,945
Smithfield Sportsman’s Club
South County Rod & Gun Club
Tiverton Rod & Gun Club
Warwick Range Activities Committee

2015 Rhode Island $7,975
Manville Sportsmen’s Rod & Gun Club, Inc.
National Rifle Association of America Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program
Smithfield Sportsman’s Club
Tiverton Rod & Gun Club

Just because you aren't giving them money doesn't mean others aren't. Trust me, they wouldn't keep doing it if they were losing money on every mailing. Here is a link to their 2014 annual report.
https://ge.nrafoundation.org/media/4173/2014_NRAF_AR.pdf

2015 report
https://www.nrafoundation.org/media/1785/2015-nra-foundation-annual-report.pdf

My club will be on the 2016 report and we are working on a 2017 grant.

Just renewed NRA after hearing the news of the lawsuit filed on MA gun owner's behalf by GOAL, Comm2A, and the NRA. Sent Comm2A some dinero too.

Last edited:
Every time I complain about the NRA, someone tells me that behind the scenes they support a lot of stuff, its just that no one can talk about it. WHY??

Maybe I'm missing something, but why cant the NRA, that is always talking about how they are fighting for other states, mention MA and what they are doing?

There are strategic reasons to keep certain things (for example pending litigation and partnerships with other orgs) quiet until the time is right. Why would you want to let the opposition in on your plans ahead of time?

If you want to shoot at a range, you have to join. It's easy to blow money and tell everyone that your doing good when it's like this.

Back
Top Bottom