NRA telemarketing... WTF?

So I just answered an 877 number on my cell against my better judgement. I let the NRA guy give his lengthy pitch for a VERY early $85 3 year renewal in order to help defeat Obama, after which I thanked him for the call and began to politely decline.

The dude hung up on me right after I said no. Thanks for wasting my time and being rude to me, NRA.

Anyone else have similar experiences with this new pre-election telephone campaign?

Take 3 minutes of your time and call the NRA with your member number handy. Tell them you do not want to receive any marketing mailing or calls, nothing, NADA. Problem solved.

I gave $250 to the NRA Political Victory Fund as I have been doing every election cycle, a damn effective group

"Errgh, the NRA is ther' to fight for meh huntin' over'undrs, meh blaze orange hats, mossy oak ball gobblers, and my ol' dog named yeller. We don' need no assault rifles, s'long as I git meh ol' trusty remmy .270 and my ball gobblers". Bunch of fudds, last time they called I told them they can call back when they stop killing constitutional carry.

I interrupted the guy and told him to screw off and NEVER CALL ME AGAIN. I hate telemarketers almost as much as spammers., The good news is it looks like I won that lottery in Kenya so as soon as I get the cash from my friend there, I will me moving.

I'm 99% certain that the callers are NOT NRA people (staff) but some paid service that calls for NRA this week and maybe Brady a month from now. Typically these outfits take 25-50% of funds received as their commission for doing the telemarketing.

Thus, if you say no, they earn nothing and hang up so they can go on to reach someone who will say yes.

Having just joined the NRA a few months ago as a hopefully soon new gun owner, the amount of email they send for buy this, buy that.......... is over the top and annoying

I've been getting lots of calls from a "toll free number" on the caller ID, and finally picked it up the other day. It was one of these guys, very pushy. I told him "please just stop, I'll renew my membership when I need to" He went on to try to give me a 5-year deal, and also claimed my membership expired in November, which it does not. Tried feeding me the BS about beating Obama, etc. He kept on rambling on and on and I had to hang up on him. Almost makes me want to just let the membership lapse and walk away.

Having just joined the NRA a few months ago as a hopefully soon new gun owner, the amount of email they send for buy this, buy that.......... is over the top and annoying

it won't get any better and they won't be helping the fight in MA any time soon. donate to comm2A, SAF, etc.

I've been getting lots of calls from a "toll free number" on the caller ID, and finally picked it up the other day. It was one of these guys, very pushy. I told him "please just stop, I'll renew my membership when I need to" He went on to try to give me a 5-year deal, and also claimed my membership expired in November, which it does not. Tried feeding me the BS about beating Obama, etc. He kept on rambling on and on and I had to hang up on him. Almost makes me want to just let the membership lapse and walk away.

it won't get any better and they won't be helping the fight in NH any time soon. donate to comm2A, SAF, etc.

remember which organization hindered progress towards constitutional carry the first time around in NH.

I got the same call. Offered lifetime membership for $600 (with a free knife), and 5 year extension for $125 (with a free knife). I declined both.

They called me on Sunday and I just hung up on her. I never talk to telemarketers. As soon as they say who they are I hang up. I don't bother saying anything.

I interrupted the guy and told him to screw off and NEVER CALL ME AGAIN. I hate telemarketers almost as much as spammers., The good news is it looks like I won that lottery in Kenya so as soon as I get the cash from my friend there, I will me moving.
Dude I won that too! Maybe we'll be neighbors over there.
On a serious note, I've been ignoring an 877 area code call for the last week or so. Now I know who it is, and I still won't pick up.

Same call, told me I thought Romney wasnt much better for gun rights. I asked them if they knew what the Hughes ammendment was and how the NRA wasnt much better than either of them in my book. Told them I only belong to the NRA because my club mandates it and to never call again and hung up.

Friggin calls are a joke, like paying the NRA will defeat Obama...

They got me too. She started with "As a fellow member of the NRA, we were hoping you could help us with a survey. Who do you think is the greatest risk to our 2nd amendment rights (Obama, Hillery, or Holder)." So I thought they were just putting together a survey. My participation quickly spawned the renewal speech as well.

Same here. Worst part is it's always a different number... I use google voice and can blacklist numbers, but they seem to never use the same one twice. Definitely a shady tactic.

I haven't received a call or junk from the NRA in 4 years .

It's been posted here maybe 10 times or more on the simple step to take to stop the calls and junk mail.

Back
Top Bottom