• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm a member, but the cynic in me couldn't help but think that it's a copy-paste/ "insert your state name here" type of notice.

I'm a member, but the cynic in me couldn't help but think that it's a copy-paste/ "insert your state name here" type of notice.

That was exactly my impression as well. If they had alluded to this Lexington insanity or something remotely specific I'd have taken it more seriously.

I guess the cash coming in from MA fell a few percent and someone needs to justify their position.

It more or less is just a copy and paste job. I got the following from them today about NH. The second sentence is slightly different, but the rest looks to be the same.

This week, the General Court of New Hampshire convened the second year of its 2015- 2016 legislative session. As in 2015, this year will again see gun control advocates in the Legislature pushing for gun registration schemes and the elimination of the private transfer of firearms. It’s vital that gun owners and sportsmen across The Granite State stay actively involved throughout 2016.

Your NRA will continue to fight off attacks and advance reforms that promote and protect your Second Amendment rights and hunting heritage.

Your NRA will keep you updated on the status of important legislation in addition to providing a simple and convenient way to contact elected officials. To help assure success in 2016, please continue to check www.NRAILA.org and your email inbox for alerts on the latest action items.

It more or less is just a copy and paste job. I got the following from them today about NH. The second sentence is slightly different, but the rest looks to be the same.

Beat me to it. I also got the NH version.

That's a nice commercial they've emailed out, but until they actually do something here they're not getting a dime.

EXACTLY! When THEY put up some money for the fight here in MA THEN I will put up money to support. Meanwhile Comm2A, GOAL

You join and support the NRA and SFA to fight the National battles.

You join and support GOAL and Comm2A to fight the local.

Given the national and local BS, we need representation on all fronts.

Given the amount of money we spend on gear and ammo, and the fact that you can join and support ALL FOUR organizations for under $100 a year.... there is absolutely no reason not to.

Last edited:
You join and support the NRA and SFA to fight the National battles.

You join and support GOAL and Comm2A to fight the local.

Given the national and local BS, we need representation all fronts.

Given the amount of money we spend on gear and ammo, and the fact that you can join and support ALL FOUR organizations for under $100 a year.... there is absolutely no reason no to.

Nice analysis. Unfortunately, some cannot see the forest for the trees.

You join and support the NRA and SFA to fight the National battles. You join and support GOAL and Comm2A to fight the local. Given the national and local BS, we need representation all fronts.Given the amount of money we spend on gear and ammo, and the fact that you can join and support ALL FOUR organizations for under $100 a year.... there is absolutely no reason no to.
well said. although the nra doesn't really help us on local issues, it is necessary to help fund them on the national level. that said, any extra cash i have, after the nra & goal memberships goes to comm2a

I doubt NRA will ever put effort into Massachusetts

They don't have infinite resources, and well, MA. I do believe there is some support that goes to MA from the NRA. Bottom line, we have to support all of the gun rights organizations and the NRA is very important, even if you don't agree with everything. Just the number of members is scary to evil statists everywhere.

Beat me to it. I also got the NH version.

+1, I also used to get the RI version when my NRA membership had my old RI address. The news they give out is normally old, or they comment on the wrap-up of the state legislature.

Back
Top Bottom