• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Supported Dems List

I'm not really sure why this idiot counts governors as people who will keep republicans from winning congressional majorities, but there's my governor's name:

OH-Gov. Ted Strickland

Well, guess what folks. I am not voting for a douche (John Kasich) that voted for the 94 crime bill even though he has an R after his name.

Strickland's predecessor, republican Bob Taft was an incredible idiot and an outright enemy of law abiding gun owners by first flat out opposing concealed carry, then lobbying the legislature to hobble concealed carry with numerous restrictions, then vetoing the general assembly's attempts to fix many of the problems with the law only to have his veto overriden.

Ted Strickland ugraded our castle doctrine to include motor vehicles and has indicated that he will sign into law changes to further liberalize CCW in Ohio to include removing the prohibition against carrying handguns in places that sell liquor.

I'm voting for Strickland. Kasich can smoke pole for all I care.

At the national level, no way in hell I will vote for a dem, no matter his or her's NRA rating. I cannot have their leadership in control of the agenda.

There seems to be a lot of discussion around some of those candidates being heavy anti gun laws. Basically a theory that NRA is supporting them and keeping them in house because its good for NRA business. If nobody smoked no need for tobacco companies, if everyone was pro gun no need for NRA. It's sad because it completely goes against their foundation.

NRA = National RIFLE Association NOT National REPUBLICAN Association. Why do people continue to think that single issue organizations need to broaden their agenda at the expense of their original mission.

There seems to be a lot of discussion around some of those candidates being heavy anti gun laws. Basically a theory that NRA is supporting them and keeping them in house because its good for NRA business. If nobody smoked no need for tobacco companies, if everyone was pro gun no need for NRA. It's sad because it completely goes against their foundation.

Bullshit. I can tell you that at least when it comes to my state, NRA endorsements have been 100% right on the money when it comes to GUN RIGHTS.

They don't give a shit about anything else, nor should they.

Seems like Knuckle Dragger and I are the only two that understand this clearly.

In the August 2010 edition of the American Rifleman, Chris Cox, the NRA-ILA Executive Director explained the NRA's policy of supporting incumbents of either party who were supporters of the Second Amendment. He provided some strong reasoning why this policy exists and why the NRA has stuck to this course for decades. They may be wrong from time to time but overall this is what you should expect of a single-issue organization.

National Public Radio did a long piece this morning about the NRA endorsing Democrats, treating it like a man-bites-dog story. A couple of professors suggested that the NRA was trying to ward off future gun control bills by playing both sides. The NRA didn't return NPR's calls, nor provide a spokesman.
I'm with Jose. If a politician screws us on a 2A issue, he or she is dead to me. If they protect our rights, I'll give them a vote even if we disagree on other issues like taxes.

I agree 100% with Jose on this one. Certainly we all know that as a general rule Repubs are more pro 2A than Dems. Any gun owner with more than 2 brain cells is aware of this fact, and can make a decision based on that at the ballot box. However, when it comes to individual NRA ratings the NRA need to do their job and show support for any politician who has good 2A credentials. Failure to do that would make them just another political hack organization, and make them irrelevant in the eyes of many voters; and worse alienate them from any Dem voters who do support RKBA.

More importantly one needs to remember that the 2A isn't a key issue for most people in the country. Like it or not during any election cycle we will get Dems in positions of government. I for one am happy that the NRA is doing what it can to ensure that as many pro-2A Dem candidates are running for office, or in office, as possible.

We posted this story about the subject yesterday on our FB page and it caused a bit of controversy.

GOAL endorses more than a few pro 2A Democrats in MA, some of them have been staunch supporters of the 2A for years and have done invaluable work.

Sadly, a very Pro-2A Democrat in MA passed away recently. He was my local state Rep where I lived and always seemed to get emails from him when I sent emails.

I blindly voted against this man for the (R) in an election and was nearly beat by my VERY Pro-2A friends.

There are a lot of pro 2A dems. Unfortunately it may be the only issue that they side with us on. When push comes to shove the Donkeys will give a mule kick to party members that won't vote as told. The biggest fear I have of a dem pro 2A rep or senator is the Supreme Court members they would likely help seat.

There are a lot of pro 2A dems. Unfortunately it may be the only issue that they side with us on. When push comes to shove the Donkeys will give a mule kick to party members that won't vote as told. The biggest fear I have of a dem pro 2A rep or senator is the Supreme Court members they would likely help seat.

Yes..... look at the Kagan vote.... Kagan is obviously a judicial boob; incompetent, inexperienced, etc, and the so called "Pro Gun Dem" senators like Jim Webb actually voted for her. I can't believe they actually sucked for her "I obey Stare Decis" BS. That's about as close as you can get to a non-answer.

-Mike

Bullshit. I can tell you that at least when it comes to my state, NRA endorsements have been 100% right on the money when it comes to GUN RIGHTS.

They don't give a shit about anything else, nor should they.

Seems like Knuckle Dragger and I are the only two that understand this clearly.

I actually understand that... having not spent my entire life in MA.

You mention a good point. I will not vote for any democrat at the national level, regardless of their 2A credentials, so long as that party machine is controlled by the radical progressives.

At the state level (at least in my state) the barking moonbats do not have control of the Dem party agenda. I still disagree with democrats on virtually everything else, but at the state level there is still quite a bit of opposition to keep them in check.

In my six years in Ohio, I have seen the damage some key republicans can do to the Second Amendment.

Back
Top Bottom