• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA suing San Fran

This should be pretty much a slam dunk. California law very explicitly preempts the entire area of firearms regulation within the state. There was a similar case years ago where somplace tried to impose some additional restrictions and got unequivocally bitch slapped by the courts. The whole ban is nothing more than political theater, like Cambridge being a "nuclear free zone".

Ken

KMaurer said:
Cambridge being a "nuclear free zone".

I remember when that came about. IIRC, they had some real problems with the HOSPITALS not being able to get radioactive materials for cancer treatments!

And from what my wife tells me, that was aimed at Draper Labs, the outfit who designed the guidance systems for our submarine-launched ICBMS. Funny part is that Draper doesn't HAVE any warheads there and never did.

dwarven1 said:
KMaurer said:
Cambridge being a "nuclear free zone".

I remember when that came about. IIRC, they had some real problems with the HOSPITALS not being able to get radioactive materials for cancer treatments!

And from what my wife tells me, that was aimed at Draper Labs, the outfit who designed the guidance systems for our submarine-launched ICBMS. Funny part is that Draper doesn't HAVE any warheads there and never did.

But MIT had a nuclear reactor on Albany or Vasser St. back in the late 1960s. I used to also see folks pull up in ambulances in that area to get radiation treatment for cancer back in those days. [I worked for MIT/IL at 68 Albany St. which later became Draper Labs, back when Doc. Draper was running the place, it was one of my college Co-Op jobs, working on Polaris/Poseidon guidance systems.]

Marlboro actually put a law in the books back in the 70's making it illegal to detonate a nuclear warhead withing city limits. I'm still waiting for someone to find the loophole and set off a biggun at the city line in Northboro or something....

Marlboro also has a law against selling Silly String and air pistols... but Hudson does not, and I've seen Silly String for sale in stores in Marlboro... and Chief Leonard gives out Class A ALP LTCs.

Ross

MIT still has the Reactor. Actully I think last month or so ago there was a big article about how many people were able to infiltrate it to test it's security.

They got some cuite blonds in who took pictures of everything, and they managed to drive a large moving truck (to simulate a OK City type-bombing) within 100' of it, and parked it there for over an hour before anybody questioned them.

-Weer'd Beard

KMaurer said:
Try this one, Lynne.

Ken

I just tried it Ken....this is what I got...

Forbidden Link

This error page occurs since the webpage you were visiting has a direct link to our sound effects.

You may also be BANNED because of the high amount of bandwidth from using our website.

Direct Links: Please contact the webpage owner to stop hot linking to our website...that is known as bandwidth stealing....any website that uses that uses a direct link will be dealt with immediately!!!

High Bandwidth Use: The extreme amount of bandwidth usage has exceeded our website's limits and we've banned your use to allow others to sample our sounds.

BUY OUR 890 SOUND EFFECTS ON CD

<sniff> I've never been banned before... [cry]

Congratulations! You're nobody until you get declared personna non grata someplace. [wink] While it still seems to work for me, I guess they don't like the fact that the link is on the NES web site. Try copying the link and pasting it directly into your browser. A lot of places reject direct links from other sites to conserve their bandwidth and get credit for their images or sounds.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom