NRA shows signs of decline, even in Trump’s America

While I agree with your statement wrt first rule of media, there's truth to the fact that people are fed up with the NRA's support for gun control.

This is a fact

How many new members did they gain from those stances though? There is a point where they lose everyone, but it definitely isn't any time soon. They might be shifting who they cater to, but that doesn't mean they're dying. Everything in life is about perspective, just because they piss you off doesn't mean they pissed everyone off

I'm an NRA Patron Life Member. Also a member of GOAL. Also a member of 3 local Rod and Gun Clubs. Also an NRA Instructor. Please stop bashing the NRA. They piss the Liberals off on a daily basis. We need to stick together, or We are our own worst enemies.
What courses do you instruct? How many classes do you teach a year? How's the attendance?

Just kind of curious...those that bash the NRA, and I readily admit they, like all human endeavors are less than perfect,....would it be possible for you to list what you personally have done to further the cause, both on a local and national level, and what steps have you taken to make leadership of both NRA and GOAL aware of your displeasure with the NRA, and what steps you would like to see taken to rectify this?

A long time member here.
Although the article is wishful thinking on the part of libs thinking that the death of the NRA is coming soon, I don't doubt there has been a membership drop.
They have screwed up big time with the support of the bump stock ban and the red flag bills.
The second being the scariest thing I have seen in a long time.
If Wayne and company don't see how this can and has been perverted into a straight up end run around the constitution then it's time for them to go.
How many of us have nutty anti gun relatives ? I know I do. Kids teacher a raving moonbat and overhears Jr. talking about Dad going to the range ? One phone call , just one phone call is all it would take to get your door kicked , your dog or you shot and your life f*cked permanently. All nice and legit with no recourse for you and no repercussions for whoever did it.
Get some new blood in there that can see past fund raising.

The NRA is only one of several armies fighting on our side in the war for gun rights.

and it seems like they are the only ones spending money to do it...

During the 2018 midterm elections, for example, gun-rights groups spent some $9.9 million on outside political efforts, nearly all of that from the NRA,

Just kind of curious...those that bash the NRA, and I readily admit they, like all human endeavors are less than perfect,....would it be possible for you to list what you personally have done to further the cause, both on a local and national level, and what steps have you taken to make leadership of both NRA and GOAL aware of your displeasure with the NRA, and what steps you would like to see taken to rectify this?
Your funny.

Here's the thing......of a dues paying member makes a comment about something they are not happy with why does it draw automatic redicule from the "life" and "Parton" members of the NRA anf it's automatically considered "bashing"?!? The comments from the "lifers" telling everyone to fall in line and provide 100% rank and file brainless support is part of the problem.

I pay my dues.....but do question what the NRA is doing.....it could be much better.

nra has a few pretty big failings.
for one thing, it has completely failed at getting millenials into the shooting sports, so nobody is ready to carry the torch.
Maybe as a consequence of this, the NRA leadership is all old white males. It would be a lot harder to dump shit on the NRA if Pink Pistols, the AARP members, Gays, Legal immigrants, were all represented and testifying.

And my recurring rant: What exactly has the NRA done to help us here in MA? We are living under 2a tyranny, and yet i do not see the NRA bringing up any lawsuits....supporting gun friendly politicians here
The NRA has definitely dropped the ball with getting younger folks into shooting. I agree. The "training" courses run by the NRA are a bore hole and a bismal. They need to step up their game. Speaking of NRA courses.....I did take the RO course years ago because I wanted to be able to run club events....all good......but why the hell does the NRA make you remove your concealed carry fire arm and clear it at the door? Are we pro 2a in the NRA or not?

IMHO, the NRA needs a president like they had in Charlton Heston.
They need the "From my cold dead hands" mentality back.
I want someone that has some skin in the game and understands backing up isn't what the second amendment was not written for!
I want a fighter in the ring!
Not some show boater, look at me till the first punch is thrown..
The current political view wants the NRA and it's main supporter, conservatives removed from society.
Some will say choose your fights wisely, others will say everything against our constitution is a fight.
I'm what are country and society needs to survive.
I'm at the point where my rights trump all the unlawful laws written by politicians, federal and state judges.
I'm the NRA and I'm sick of backing down from my rights!

I've taken this year as a new moment when I spread the money around a little more evenly. Sure I have an NRA membership, but that's more of a back up plan. As near as I can tell there are other organizations out there that focus solely on 2A issues without jumping into bed with politicians or finding themselves picking sides on issues that have literally nothing to do with RKBA. If the NRA is on the ground doing the dirty work I wish they would tell their members otherwise as near as I can tell it's orgs like GOA and SAF that are doing more things.

Define "outside political efforts"....I cant....

Simply spending money isnt a measure of efficacy.

SAF, JPFO, GOA and others have proven to be very very effective with more limited financial resources.

I would bet that most people dont even know who Robert Levy is and why he deserves a big thank you from every 2A supporter.....

Robert Levy is the primary lawyer and sr cato institute fellow who was behind the Heller v DC case....

Yet you never hear of those other groups in the news other than falling under the heading of "other gun rights groups."

The media and the anti's are certainly doing their jobs when they have NRA members dropping their membership....lifers cancelling their membership and the constant bashing that even supposedly pro 2A people believe as the truth.

Divided we fall and that is exactly what is going to happen if gun owners keep buying into this anti NRA campaign.

I'm not on the front lines in the fight everyday. They are. They know what will fly and what won't fly. Are they perfect? No. But who is? They've taken heat for the bump stock ban. I couldn't care less. I just want to keep my 2A freedoms and my guns. Other gun groups have bashed the NRA for caving to it. So more division in the "gun rights" community. Yeah, that's gonna help.

They are the largest gun rights advocate we have. And now we will sit back and pull our support and lose the loudest voice we have Because of the media and liberal anti 2A BS bashing....

And anyone in mass criticizing them should take a long hard look in the mirror. look at the bills coming up in mass and see how much longer we can keep 2A afloat. We've been taking in the a$$ for years and now have all but a complete ban in this state.

Bash all you want. point out every error you can find in their tactics. But instead of bashing them come top with a better solution. I haven't heard a decent solution to any of these attacks from the democrats and the media. Nobody has come up with a successful campaign to swing the vote in favor of 2A. Maybe work on that instead of feeding into the divide.

As to anyone who helps then they have my gratitude. And the responsibility belongs to us all.

I guess they will pass an amendment to nullify 2A in my lifetime or at least put in so many laws and restrictions they will make legal civilian gun ownership just about impossible.

End rant...I'm going to the club to shoot while it is still legal. Go Pats!!!

before you all go bashing the NRA read about the dramatic chanage that occurred at annual meeting that took place in 1977 in Cincinnati, maybe it's time for more of the same.

Threads like this demonstrate so clearly why we are in serious danger of losing the 2A.

We would rather pick each other apart, under the guise of presenting THE TRUTH instead of trying to work together.

The Democrats, for all their stupidity, would rather close ranks and work for a common goal now just for the sake of winning. Kinda hard to beat that sort of teamwork when we try to tear the "other side" down.

IMHO, the NRA needs a president like they had in Charlton Heston.
They need the "From my cold dead hands" mentality back.

I wonder what was running through the mind of the NRA leadership when they nominated a convicted felon to head the organization? Isn't North a prohibited person?

Here's the thing , it wasn't a media fabrication in an attempt to divide us that Wayne came out in support of ERPO.
I can't even fathom what the hell was going through his mind .

They should have made Colion Noir the new NRA president.
colionnoir-bumpstocks-nra-320x202.jpg

And Mark Robinson the vice president.

We need men of heart and conviction.

Get Dana Loesch to help women understand it's their right to protect themselves against rape, physical abuse and ultimately their own murder.
lead_720_405.png

The firearm is the great equalizer of modern times.
Where size and might were once used to impose the will of the physically strong on the less fortunate.
Skills in hand to hand combat and as well as strength in numbers are no match for a well trained firearm owner.

The NRA needs to promote that Americans do not have to be helpless in a violent world!

Last edited:
Its not the first time that Lapierre has demonstrated that his instincts/thought processes on RKBA are totally at odds with what he purports to defend....he's a lot like a marco rubio or lindsey graham......turn up the heat a little bit and they start blathering support for progressive/statist bullshit

And yet the board approved a $1.5 million annual salary for him... and $800,000 for Chris “ban bump stocks” Cox. That alone is reason not to send nra money. Look at GOA the executive director is paid less than $100 k per year.

I pay my dues.....but do question what the NRA is doing.....it could be much better.

I also pay my dues & question. Yes, they could be better. I wonder how much money the NRA wastes in mailing "Last chance offer to renew" many months before they're actually due & giving away "gifts" that few want.

You know what I can't stand more then anything.
Is some clown that says they own firearms and then they stand up for nothing!
They bitch about this law or that law.
But won't invest one red cent in protecting their/their family's future rights!
Just another message the pro 2nd amendment groups should be sending out!

Last edited:
I also pay my dues & question. Yes, they could be better. I wonder how much money the NRA wastes in mailing "Last chance offer to renew" many months before they're actually due & giving away "gifts" that few want.
Yeah.....they can stuff the made in China pocket knife up their ass.

Guys, this is pretty simple. The NRA does very well when there's a Democrat as president, and poorly when there's a Republican. That's it. Interest surges in defending RKBA when there's a fundemental federal threat to it. With Trump as president, there isn't, so people aren't joining the NRA.

No shit.

The NRA doesn't represent the people anymore. They promote divisive politics, extol solely the republican party, and hand away freedoms like bump stocks without event using it as a tool for a concession. They're a room full of grumpy old white men who need hearing aids and can't smell the winds of change through the cigar smoke.

We, as members/Monday morning quarterbacks, would be well advised not to say things about people, behind their backs, that we wouldn't have the where with all, to say to the face of people like Oliver North. You know what even you, yourself, say about people who do that!

Guys, this is pretty simple. The NRA does very well when there's a Democrat as president, and poorly when there's a Republican. That's it. Interest surges in defending RKBA when there's a fundemental federal threat to it. With Trump as president, there isn't, so people aren't joining the NRA.

You sure about that?

We, as members/Monday morning quarterbacks, would be well advised not to say things about people, behind their backs, that we wouldn't have the where with all, to say to the face of people like Oliver North.

You give me the chance and I'll stand up in front of the whole board, including Oliver North, and say that directly to their faces emphatically and with absolutely no reservation.

No shit.

The NRA doesn't represent the people anymore. They promote divisive politics, extol solely the republican party, and hand away freedoms like bump stocks without event using it as a tool for a concession. They're a room full of grumpy old white men who need hearing aids and can't smell the winds of change through the cigar smoke.[/QUOTE

The NRA doesn't represent the people anymore. They promote divisive politics, extol solely the republican party, and hand away freedoms like bump stocks without event using it as a tool for a concession. They're a room full of grumpy old white men who need hearing aids and can't smell the winds of change through the cigar smoke.

Can I please be there, when you stand in front of Oliver North and call him a grumpy old white man, who needs a hearing aid, that does not smell in a way that's to your liking? My money is on you barely having enough time to bend over, put your head between your legs and kiss your butt good bye.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom