• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA represents gun manufacturers?

milktree

NES Member
I keep hearing that the NRA is just a tool of the gun manufacturers, that they don't represent their members, but just those evil money grubbing anti-life murderous gun manufacturers...

Where does that come from? Is it just easier to vilify the manufacturers than 100 million Americans?

Just a guess but looking at American Rifleman, it is easy to miss the 6 pages of articles among the 70 pages of manufacturers ads and the 2 buy this really great widget reviews.

Last edited:
I keep hearing that the NRA is just a tool of the gun manufacturers, that they don't represent their members, but just those evil money grubbing anti-life murderous gun manufacturers...

Where does that come from? Is it just easier to vilify the manufacturers than 100 million Americans?

That's part of it. There's also the import provisions of GCA68, which look an awful lot like trade protectionism for gun manufacturers, who were suffering at the time under the flood of cheap mil-surp import bolt-action rifles and cheap European handguns (e.g. Röhm).

I would say thats most of it. It's easier to get people to hate a corporation than other individuals.

they're a tool of the government, and industry too, as they are destined to rule, and regulate you....

It comes from people who've never heard of the NSSF.

Located in Newtown, Connecticut - as was Sandy Hook Elementary School

I kid thee not.
© 2016 National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 11 Mile Hill Road • Newtown, CT 06470 • 203.426.1320

my dipshit relative, the boston cop I ranted about before, actually fed me this line. that My dollars to the NRA only encouraged people to buy more guns. I said no, dipshits like himself and Evans, who do nothing to combat urban crime, actually arm the gangs and encourage people to buy more guns because of police incompetence.

anyone wonder why AngelKing is rarely invited to family events?

Nearly three quarters of NRA's annual income comes from individuals.

I would say thats most of it. It's easier to get people to hate a corporation than other individuals.
Cognitive dissonance, the antis don't want to admit that there are millions of people with different beliefs than they have, much easier to attribute the NRA"s power to the monetary interests of a few large, evil, corporations.
6qzona.jpg

Would be interesting to compare this to the funding sources of the anti-gun groups.
  • Violence Policy Center is supported by the Joyce Foundation.
  • Everytown is running on the $50 million they got from Michael Bloomberg?
  • Americans for Responsible Solutions got $500K from Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff, $100K from Michael Bloomberg, and other smaller amounts from his NY friends.
  • Brady gets some cash from George Soros, not sure where else?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom