NRA Reportedly $10.8 Million in Debt, Cutting Spending

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Uh-Oh......

The National Rifle Association reportedly ended 2018 about $10.8 million in the red as the organization’s spending has come under legal scrutiny and sparked internal turmoil.

The Washington Post reported late Friday that documents showed the company had taken measures to cut its spending last year as it continued to lose money. The NRA took out a $28 million line of credit, and scaled back its services for members and employees, including cancelling some gun-training sessions and freezing its staff pension plan.

NRA Reportedly $10.8 Million in Debt, Cutting Spending

Well if LaPierre walks the budget would probably balance.

I won't hold my breath on him "walking" on his own free will. He's got a sweet gig with a fat salary and and control of a very loose slush fund. Firing him would also break the bank because of his exorbitant golden parachute.

LaPierre and his cronies have totally captured the leadership of the NRA. These ticks are dug in deep and there won't be any pleasant way to get rid of them.

I won't hold my breath on him "walking" on his own free will. He's got a sweet gig with a fat salary and and control of a very loose slush fund. Firing him would also break the bank because of his exorbitant golden parachute.

LaPierre and his cronies have totally captured the leadership of the NRA. These ticks are dug in deep and there won't be any pleasant way to get rid of them.

Perhaps someone who uses the Facebook/Twitter should put it out there that they're all going to testify against the Clintons, it'll end up sorting itself out.

That kind of money corrupts, doesn’t matter what the subject at hand is, once it becomes large enough to support greed and fudgery of the numbers it’s just a matter of time before it becomes about the mighty dollar and nothing else. Just like .gov.

That kind of money corrupts, doesn’t matter what the subject at hand is, once it becomes large enough to support greed and fudgery of the numbers it’s just a matter of time before it becomes about the mighty dollar and nothing else. Just like .gov.

BINGO!!!

They have a pension plant?????

WTF.

How can an organization that relies on donations have a pension plan?

What will I learn next...are they also a union shop?

If the Clinton Foundation is allowed to exist under whatever rules .....pensions and golden parachutes are nothing compared what happens there.

These top execs at "Name your large charity" suck up way more money than they give. Every day all day.

Which is why the only charities I give to are local. And the number one charity is to myself so I'm self, and family supporting, and not relying on anyone if I can help it ever.

I've said it before, organizations are created to address an issue. Over time, they become institutions. Eventually their purpose is to perpetuate themselves, rather than address the issues they were created for.
Those in charge perpetuate their own personal well being and security. Wayne has been there too long, he's in it to keep himself in it.

Yeah they mail stupid junk that goes right into the garbage. I swear that the NRA is run by liberals. No one can waste money like a liberal. But hey I could be wrong.
They sent me a DVD once. I tossed it. They sent 3 or 4 letters requesting payment for the dvd. Those got tossed too. They haven't sent me any mailers or emails since.

They sent me a DVD once. I tossed it. They sent 3 or 4 letters requesting payment for the dvd. Those got tossed too. They haven't sent me any mailers or emails since.

I still have it!! Never watched it and they sent me bills for it.
Seriously? If I'd known they used those kinds of tactics I never would have joined.

Seriously? If I'd known they used those kinds of tactics I never would have joined.
I became a life member some years ago (long enough that yearly memberships would have cost more by now)....got all kinds of crap in the mail initially. Just keep tossing whatever they send. They seem to have gotten the message in my case.

Back
Top Bottom