• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA relentlessly Calling during the day.

I'm a member of the S&W forum and there was a thread discussing similar thoughts.
I posted "The new mission of the NRA is to stay fat and happy. Like Wayne."
I got a message from the admin that the forum was very supportive of the NRA and that I wasn't getting a reprimand but just a notice.
I responded to the admin and asked if the same policy applied to the GOA or FPC.
Never got a response.

The NRA couldn’t figure out how to notify me my RSO cert was due ( had one for over 10 years) then played games so I told them to F off.

But I could move once a week for a year and they’d still manage to send me mail seeing if I want to donate $50 for a $10 knife or $200 for a jacket I’d never wear.

Better than

"Hi mister sir thees is Joan Smeet from Microsowt Vindows technical support calling to inform dat you compooter has wery bad wirus and will be wery mutch broken if you do not sent us a Wisa Wanilla gift card and let us access your compooter by going to dubloo dubloo dubloo dot microsoftUSAbestSupportTeam.mi.crosft.co.in/suportsenter"

NzMQVeh1LHUd.jpg

Last edited:
They check annually, every renewal... Have to send in a membership card copy with the check. Rod and Gun club of New Bedford.

I like the club. I don't have a lot of alternatives around here... Especially clubs with dedicated archery ranges... I hate the NRA requirement. Wish they accepted GOAL or GOA in lieu of.
If they mandate you give money to anything, it should be COMM2A.

Why not bring that up during a club meeting?

Support the people filing lawsuits HERE.

Better yet, raise membership by $20, don't mandate people do anything. Take the $20 from everyone and donate it as a club to COMM2A.

If they mandate you give money to anything, it should be COMM2A.

Why not bring that up during a club meeting?

Support the people filing lawsuits HERE.

Better yet, raise membership by $20, don't mandate people do anything. Take the $20 from everyone and donate it as a club to COMM2A.

I like how you think man. But the club is run by some old-timers set in their ways. I've tried to get some traction on it, but I've been ignored. If it wasn't for the facilities, I would change clubs.

The one benefit my club gets from the NRA is from the local Friends group. Over the years were have received thousands in grants. Don't think we ever got much from the national group. More would be receptive if they would dump Wayne.

nomorobo. And is it any worse than FPC sending me 3 emails a day telling me their bankrupt? I'm about ready to cut them off completely from my donation list. You can't be that desperate for $ every single day, guys.

I don't get phone calls from the NRA, but there was a span (maybe a month or three) where they kept sending me renewal mailings. I still have a couple years left on the last renewal so I'm sure as hell NOT going to renew now. IF they toss out Wayne before my current membership is up, I might renew with them. Otherwise, I won't be.

I did have the PFC as my Amazon Smile charity (before Amazon killed that off). I'm holding off on doing any donations to organizations until a couple of things happen on my end.

I will say that whoever I pick to donate to better not hound me once I start that. If they do, they'll quickly lose my donations. IMO, places need to NOT be greedy when people are donating (all organizations).

I'm a Life member of the NRA but don't get any calls on my land line but do get daily emails that I just trash and delete daily. I joined back when I didn't know my $1000.00 dollars just went for One of his suits! No more $$ but find the American Rifleman interesting. My club does require membership and my Life membership covers that for ever. I did when I was with the USPS give to their Political Fund just to piss the liberal Democrats at work Off.

NRA called me 3 times today on my home and cell phone. Dont ever recall ever giving my cell# to them. So I answered the last call. They asked to speak to so and so me. I said he is not here and they said when will he be available. I said he is not with us anymore. The caller acted puzzled. I said he is deceased dead and dont call these phone numbers anymore or other correspondence. We will wait to see if that works if not it means they will call anyone dead or alive. [rofl]

I told the last NRA caller that if they did not take me off their call list, that I would let my membership expire and never rejoin the NRA. That was the last call I got.

The NRA has been instrumental in preventing some gun control and advancing permitless carry, but they're not Jesus and can't do everything. I'm still disgusted by LaPierre's salary and such.

I don't get phone calls from the NRA, but there was a span (maybe a month or three) where they kept sending me renewal mailings. I still have a couple years left on the last renewal so I'm sure as hell NOT going to renew now. IF they toss out Wayne before my current membership is up, I might renew with them. Otherwise, I won't be.

I did have the PFC as my Amazon Smile charity (before Amazon killed that off). I'm holding off on doing any donations to organizations until a couple of things happen on my end.

I will say that whoever I pick to donate to better not hound me once I start that. If they do, they'll quickly lose my donations. IMO, places need to NOT be greedy when people are donating (all organizations).

I get renewals and I'm a life member. LOL. I chuck 99% of what teh NRA sends me in the trash. To be fair, I chuck 99% of whatever anyone sends me in the trash. FPC, GOA, etc., I give when I give. Leave me the F alone.

Back
Top Bottom