NRA Practical Firearms Training

codfish

NES Member
About 25 years ago I took the NRA's voluntary practical firearms course at the Lowell Sportsman’s Club. I had to do this to get my LTC back when I lived in MA. I just joined a club with my 2 sons who are in their teens. I would like to find a basic course like this that we could take together. It would be nice if I could find one in southern NH in the Hudson NH area. Any recommendation would be appreciated

Basics

It covered safety and operation a wide range of handguns as well as review of laws pertaining to the use of deadly force with live fire training and qualifying.

It would have had to have been about 25 years ago. For at least the past 15 years the closest NRA course would be the NRA Basic Pistol course. They restructured their course offerings in the late 80's or early 90's, removing all discussion of defensive shooting and focusing on safety, how firearms work, laws the basics of shooting. Within the past couple of years they finally came out with the personal protection courses they had been promising for close to 20 years, once again covering defensive shooting in some detail.

I teach all these NRA courses at Westford, and NEShooters offers several courses going into defensive shooting in much more depth.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom