• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home - March or May 2014

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home
Sunday, March 23, 2014, OR
Sunday, May 25, 2014

7:40AM, Sunday March 23, 2014 OR May 25, 2014, 10 hour class, Cost $175.00 ($10.00 discount if pre-paid by registration deadline - see below). You can start the registration process by sending me Email from any post on NES or from http://home.comcast.net/~safety-instructor

Location: Class - Sharon Historical Society Museum, Sharon, MA & Range - Mansfield F&G

Short Description: Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense. This class is for experienced shooters and is not a Basic Safety Class for purposes of applying for a Mass. LTC or FID.

More Details: This is an ten-hour course. Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition. Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development.

This is not a “beginner’s class” for new shooters. You should have some prior pistol shooting experience. It is much more than just a routine shooting course. It is important that participants have sufficient maturity and life experiences to be able to assess various situations and make mature decisions.

Equipment Required for course:

• Revolver or Semi-auto pistol - .38Spl/.380/9mm minimum caliber
  • Appropriate holster (no pocket or shoulder holsters allowed) – IWB or OWB only. Holster is a MUST!
  • 2 magazines/speedstrips/speed-loaders (should have 3 minimum if possible)
  • 100 rds minimum (recommend 150)
  • Eye and Ear protection

You can start the registration process by sending Email from any post here or from http://home.comcast.net/~safety-instructor (use the Contact webpage)

A minimum non-refundable deposit of $30 per person is required.

PPIH addresses the following:

• What do I do when the police shows up?
  • What do I do with the gun?
  • When do you talk to the police?
  • When do you talk with a lawyer?
  • Are you prepared for the aftermath of a self-defense event?

The NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home Course exposes students to several schools of thought regarding defensive shooting techniques. It is designed to enhance basic skills: Reloading, Emphasis on technique – “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast” – students should only go as fast as they can smoothly execute a skill, Defensive accuracy – balance between speed and accuracy. Students shoot as fast as they can while still hitting the target every time. Intro to Defensive Shooting, Basic Defensive Pistol Skills, Firearms and the Law: Possession, Ownership and the Use of Deadly Force, Strategies for Home Safety and Responding to a Violent Confrontation, Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense.

NOTE: I do not know if this course will influence your chief to issue an unrestricted LTC-A, but more education and understanding of the responsibilities of gun ownership will never hurt your case.

If you are interested but not sure if you qualify, please send an Email (NOT PM) to me with info on your prior experience, include your phone number in case I need to talk with you and I will get back to you.

Registration Deadline is March 8 (for March 23rd class) and May 10, 2014 (for May 25, 2014 class). Late registrations might be accepted, but you will need to contact me directly.

Last edited:
Is the May class still open? (I didn't see the 2nd date at the top of the first post).

Huh, you didn't see this?

NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home
Sunday, March 23, 2014 or
Sunday, May 25, 2014

It is the header of the Top Post.

The classroom location I am now using gives me the ability to plan my classes out multiple months, so I'm planning 2 classes at a time for both PPIH and PPOH and posting them here, on my website (URL at the bottom of every NES post) and the NRA Instructors website. www.nrainstructors.org

Yes there is still room in every class, but there is a maximum number of students for each class. When that is reached I will post it so that all can clearly see that info.

No apology needed. Looks like TapaTalk isn't everything people say that it is! I DL'd it, tried it once or twice and ignore it. I use the standard web-browser to access NES from my Android.

Send me an Email and I'll forward to you the info needed to register. I can NOT do this via PMs, only via Email.

Skylineracer, please see my prior post (#7).

Also I just changed the top post in hopes that Tapatalk now reads it correctly. One of you please let me know?

Discount for early registration and payment for the March 23rd class ends this Saturday, so if you are interested, contact me via Email ASAP!

There is still room in the 3/23 class for those that contact me quickly.

I'll be sending out the pre-work message to those registered shortly.

A couple of seats have opened up for the 3/23/14 NRA PPIH class if anyone is interested. Get in touch with me immediately if you are!

Just like I did after taking Len's Mass. Gun Law class, I would like to thank Len for another great class - NRA Personal Protection in the Home.

Even though you can learn a lot of information from this forum, youtube, the interweb, books, etc., I believe it doesn't compare to the face to face human interaction of a course taught by a passionate, experienced, and knowledgable instructor. As always, Len takes the time to answer any and every question anyone has even if it strays off-topic. Since we all brought extra ammo, we spent extra time at the range having fun doing drills.

It was also great to meet and spend some time with a few NES'rs along with a couple of people that aren't NES members. If you ever want to go shooting as my guests at Worcester Pistol and Rifle, shoot me a PM. (Hi Grace, it was a pleasure to meet you! I'm the guy covered with tattoos)

Not that he needs any more reputation, +1 to you Len. I will always recommend your classes.

B.Low

Beat me to it Brian!

Wanted to post something somewhere to rave; this really is an informative class. Len is a great teacher, his wealth of legal knowledge and of specific case studies made for great discussions. We spent a few hours at the range running some great drills. He took the time to answer every question, and patiently waited for me to load my stiffy new mags like a girl. Would recommend this course to any and everybody, newb or not. Like Brian said so much can be gleaned from online these days but the face to face interactions of a class scenario is way more conducive to my learning style.

Brian and Grace,

Thanks for the kind words. It was a real pleasure teaching that class, all of you were great students. Yes, it ran long, but that is because I'm there for my students and will answer all and any questions relative to the topic of the class.

Back
Top Bottom