NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home - Friday, November 22, 2019

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home
Friday, November 22, 2019

8AM-6PM, 10 hour class, Cost $180.00 ($10.00 discount if pre-paid by registration deadline - see below).

Short Description: Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense. This class is for experienced shooters and is not a Basic Safety Class for purposes of applying for a Mass. LTC or FID.

More Details: This is an ten-hour course. Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition. Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development.

This is not a “beginner’s class” for new shooters. You should have some prior pistol shooting experience. It is much more than just a routine shooting course. It is important that participants have sufficient maturity and life experiences to be able to assess various situations and make mature decisions.

Equipment Required for course:
  • Revolver or Semi-auto pistol - .38Spl/.380/9mm minimum caliber
  • Appropriate holster (no pocket or shoulder holsters allowed) – IWB, belly bag or OWB only. Holster is a MUST!
  • 2 magazines/speedstrips/speed-loaders (should have 3 minimum if possible)
  • 100 rds minimum (recommend 150)
  • Eye and Ear protection
A minimum non-refundable deposit of $30 per person is required.

PPIH addresses the following:

• What do I do when the police shows up?
  • What do I do with the gun?
  • When do you talk to the police?
  • When do you talk with a lawyer?
  • Are you prepared for the aftermath of a self-defense event?
The NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home Course exposes students to several schools of thought regarding defensive shooting techniques. It is designed to enhance basic skills: Reloading, Emphasis on technique – “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast” – students should only go as fast as they can smoothly execute a skill, Defensive accuracy – balance between speed and accuracy. Students shoot as fast as they can while still hitting the target every time. Intro to Defensive Shooting, Basic Defensive Pistol Skills, Firearms and the Law: Possession, Ownership and the Use of Deadly Force, Strategies for Home Safety and Responding to a Violent Confrontation, Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense.

NOTE: I do not know if this course will influence your chief to issue an unrestricted LTC-A, but more education and understanding of the responsibilities of gun ownership will never hurt your case.

If you are interested but not sure if you qualify, please send an Email (NOT PM) to me with info on your prior experience, include your phone number in case I need to talk with you and I will get back to you.

You can start the registration process by:

Registration Deadline is November 8. 2019. Late registrations might be accepted, but you will need to contact me directly.

Attendees receive a $20.00 gift certificate off a firearm from Four Seasons and $25.00 off 1st year's membership at Mansfield Fish & Game Club (if you are just joining and do so within 90 days of the class).

Back
Top Bottom