NES Life Member
- Feb 26, 2005
- Escaping to NH
NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home
Friday, November 22, 2019
Friday, November 22, 2019
8AM-6PM, 10 hour class, Cost $180.00 ($10.00 discount if pre-paid by registration deadline - see below).
Location: Class - Mansfield F&G
Short Description: Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense. This class is for experienced shooters and is not a Basic Safety Class for purposes of applying for a Mass. LTC or FID.
More Details: This is an ten-hour course. Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition. Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development.
This is not a “beginner’s class” for new shooters. You should have some prior pistol shooting experience. It is much more than just a routine shooting course. It is important that participants have sufficient maturity and life experiences to be able to assess various situations and make mature decisions.
Equipment Required for course:
- Revolver or Semi-auto pistol - .38Spl/.380/9mm minimum caliber
- Appropriate holster (no pocket or shoulder holsters allowed) – IWB, belly bag or OWB only. Holster is a MUST!
- 2 magazines/speedstrips/speed-loaders (should have 3 minimum if possible)
- 100 rds minimum (recommend 150)
- Eye and Ear protection
PPIH addresses the following:
- What do I do when the police shows up?
- What do I do with the gun?
- When do you talk to the police?
- When do you talk with a lawyer?
- Are you prepared for the aftermath of a self-defense event?
NOTE: I do not know if this course will influence your chief to issue an unrestricted LTC-A, but more education and understanding of the responsibilities of gun ownership will never hurt your case.
If you are interested but not sure if you qualify, please send an Email (NOT PM) to me with info on your prior experience, include your phone number in case I need to talk with you and I will get back to you.
You can start the registration process by:
- filling in the NRA form here:
NRA Explore which will send me an instant Email, or
- sending me Email from http://2atraining.weebly.com/ on the Contact page
Attendees receive a $20.00 gift certificate off a firearm from Four Seasons and $25.00 off 1st year's membership at Mansfield Fish & Game Club (if you are just joining and do so within 90 days of the class).