NRA or NoRA ?

My membership (on and off for the last 40+years) is up in a few days. My current state of mind is to not renew it, as I haven't really thought they've been real participants in any of the pro-gun decisions or cases in the past few years.

I also don't see the NRA doing anything for people in MA, let alone moving the ball much at all in the rest of the country, so I'm inclined to just keep my cash in my pocket. Am I just being cheap and cynical, or would people agree?

When my current NRA membership comes up for renewal, I'll probably opt to NOT renew it. That's still a few years away though.

I've been thinking about joining GOA as a better option. I'm already using the FPC as my Amazon Smile 'charity' item. I've seen a LOT more activity from GOA than NRA in recent memory (at least for the past couple of years since I started watching/following).

I have a lifetime membership. They called me yesterday morning and offered to upgrade my lifetime membership for 50% off. First off wtf?! Upgrade to what? a 2 lifetime membership?

The lady didn’t seem thrilled when I said I refused to give any more money to the NRA until they replace their Management and Board of Directors with people that actually cared about the 2A.

I have a lifetime membership. They called me yesterday morning and offered to upgrade my lifetime membership for 50% off. First off wtf?! Upgrade to what? a 2 lifetime membership?

The lady didn’t seem thrilled when I said I refused to give any more money to the NRA until they replace their Management and Board of Directors with people that actually cared about the 2A.
Maybe they wanted to give you half your money back! (doubt lol).

Pretty sure the NRA funds a lot of what GOAL does behind the scenes here in MA. You say "GOAL" people here say "huh". You say "NRA" and Karens here lose their mind.
Many many moons ago we were taking a lateral transfer from somewhere way out in western mass to our Dept, @lowbuckbob will remember this, and so rumor had it that he was the president of GOAL, and we were like wow that’s cool look forward to meeting him didn’t know he was a cop. lol

Well he was the president of GOAL.
Except his GOAL was the Gay Officers Action League. Doh!

088DF10A-B335-4766-AB89-65BBC246CF08.gif

Last edited:

Many many moons ago we were taking a lateral transfer from somewhere way out in western mass to our Dept in Roxbury, @lowbuckbob will remember this, and so rumor had it that he was the president of GOAL, and we were like wow that’s cool look forward to meeting him didn’t know he was a cop. lol

Well he was the president of GOAL.
Except his GOAL was the Gay Officers Action League. Doh!

View attachment 714619

Remember it well. [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Pretty sure the NRA funds a lot of what GOAL does behind the scenes here in MA. You say "GOAL" people here say "huh". You say "NRA" and Karens here lose their mind.
I'm almost kinda 'ok' with the 'good cop/bad cop' of the NRA and some other org that works behind the scenes and out of the limelight. I'm not convinced that's what happens.....but if it is, it would maybe make me donate some money.

Well, sure, but if you send your $$ to the NRA, 50% goes to buy Wayne suits and whores interns. You‘re going to get more bang for the buck sending the same amount directly to GOAL.

I just got to typical Mailer… Supposedly, my benefactor memberships is going to expire… That’s a quadruple lifetime membership a.k.a. $20,000 I’ve signed up probably 15 lifetime members….. Paid for them myself…

The NRA can swallow a whole bag of dicks…

I’d send them a money if they just shut the f*** up.

I’ll take on the federal government myself. Thank you very much.

Be sure Karen understands you have to take a safety course from a certified instructor to get a license. The instructor is certified by NRA training.

It's a strange topic to explore. One of the pros to donating to the nra is that they donate to the political campaigns of politicians that support the 2a. The nra also has good training programs I guess...but those practically cost an arm and a leg to attend.

So bottom line is I can donate directly to political campaigns od 2a supporters and then Wayne can pay for his own suits.

🫥

I belong to 4 gun clubs 2 in MA. and 2 in NH I think they all require an NRA membership, that and the fact I have mt instructor credentials and mid and long range classifications thru them. The thing that annoys me the most is they spend half of my membership money on postage sending me stuff to ask for more money that goes in the trash.

I belong to 4 gun clubs 2 in MA. and 2 in NH I think they all require an NRA membership, that and the fact I have mt instructor credentials and mid and long range classifications thru them. The thing that annoys me the most is they spend half of my membership money on postage sending me stuff to ask for more money that goes in the trash.
For every 1 piece of mail the NRA sends me GOA sends 10. And that's a damn straight fact.

Back
Top Bottom