NRA membership

I was told by a buddy of mine that I should join the NRA, and list it as an excuse for applying in Peabody, MA. Would this help me get unrestricted at all or have no effect?

Wait-what.gif

Keep in mind that the media is consistently trying to brand the NRA as a bunch of crazies, so my guess is that putting NRA on your application is more likely to harm then help. Not to mention that the NRA doesn't actually do nearly enough to actually help gun owners, so the bad rap they are getting they don't deserve as much as they should.

. Not to mention that the NRA doesn't actually do nearly enough to actually help gun owners, so the bad rap they are getting they don't deserve as much as they should.

Seems to me they do jack and nothing in MA.

The only time I even mention the NRA is when someone I know is blabbering on and on ignorantly and I politely point out their rant has prompted me to go and donate to them. I have no idea why my $20 would irritate someone so much, but it really seems to send their blood pressure through the proverbial roof.

Um, no. It's not going to help you get your license. You should do some reading here and potentially speak with someone at GOAL (and then maybe a lawyer, depending) in order to increase your chances of not receiving a restricted license.

That said, you should probably join the NRA (and join GOAL, sponsor Comm2A, and a host of other organizations) in order to increase your long-term chances of KEEPING said license, and the guns that you're undoubtedly looking to buy.

Um, no. It's not going to help you get your license. You should do some reading here and potentially speak with someone at GOAL (and then maybe a lawyer, depending) in order to increase your chances of not receiving a restricted license.

That said, you should probably join the NRA (and join GOAL, sponsor Comm2A, and a host of other organizations) in order to increase your long-term chances of KEEPING said license, and the guns that you're undoubtedly looking to buy.

THIS

HAH that's what I thought lol

In Peabody, you basically have to write an essay with three reasons why you want said license. Bunch of BS if you ask me.

Many MA COPs hate NRA with a passion, just like the media does . . . even though the NRA does nothing in MA except take credit for things that others do.

Putting it down on an app or essay to get a LTC is likely to have the OPPOSITE effect from what you are looking to do. Don't mention them.

The NRA is useless.

This x 1,000!

I let my membership lapse back when they actually apologized for calling BATF jackbooted thugs. Then they told Congress that I was supportive of the prior restraint they call an "instant" check.

We had a Constitutional Carry bill in NH a few years ago and it was looking good until they decided to"help." Add to that their A grades for some of our enemies, and they are worse than worthless.

Back
Top Bottom