• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Life Membership = $1000

dreppucci007

NES Member
Just noticed when I went to finish paying for my NRA Life Membership (I used the EPL, and am officially paid off now!) that the Life Membership went up from the $750 that I paid to $1000!

If this is old news, please let me know. For those of you who have considered it, or continue to pay year after year, the Life Membership is only going to get more and more expensive.

Congrats on being officially paid off! I'm only 2 payments in. [thinking]

When I did the EPL thing, it was still $750!

Oooo, good timing then! This increase must be REALLY new.

I did the EPL, but instead of only sending in $25 each quarter, I've either sent $50 or $100, and this last time was the final $150 that I just paid [cheers]

The EPL was nice and easy...The only thing you miss out by not paying all at once is that you don't get that nifty leather jacket [rolleyes]

Dang, it was good timing. Looking at my invoice now, Full cost= $750. Amount paid to date: $82.50

I'm going to be doubling payments as well.

I think the leather jacket looks horrible, so I don't care about missing it. [grin]

I had a thing from them about a month or so back; sign up a family member for a life membership for $300.

B

Dang, it was good timing. Looking at my invoice now, Full cost= $750. Amount paid to date: $82.50

I'm going to be doubling payments as well.

I think the leather jacket looks horrible, so I don't care about missing it.

I was on the EPL when I "went Life." When the jacket deal came out, I called and was told that I would get the jacket if I paid the balance in one sum.

I did and am VERY happy with the jacket. Marvelously supple leather, more and better pockets than my GOAL jacket and I really enjoy wearing it when I serve the towns I'm bringing to court. [wink]

I did the EPL thing a few years ago and had them charge my credit card for twice what they wanted and did it several times a year until it was paid. If I called them for something, I had them put some more on my account. I got it paid in about 18 months to 2 years...no jacket though, although they did send me a life member hat.

BTW since I have a service connected disability, I got the 'Distinguished' rate which I think was $350 at the time.

lmhatsm.jpg

I don't remember getting anything, but the cost was around #50 when I became a life member.

50 pounds ??????

Last edited:
I am EPL, don't know how far in. Can't remember when my last invoice was. I want to go online and check but I can't find where to login.

My bad. $350.

I did the EPL thing a few years ago and had them charge my credit card for twice what they wanted and did it several times a year until it was paid. If I called them for something, I had them put some more on my account. I got it paid in about 18 months to 2 years...no jacket though, although they did send me a life member hat.

BTW since I have a service connected disability, I got the 'Distinguished' rate which I think was $350 at the time.

lmhatsm.jpg

50 pounds ??????

One of the letters that they sent to me about two weeks ago was for a $500 special one time pay life membership good until April 30.

One of the really great deals they used to have was the junior life membership. Under the old rules, if you purchased a junior life membership, it became a regular adult life membership when you turned 21. Now, IIRC, you have to pay up the difference. I did that for both my kids when they were about kindergarden age. I didn't see the $300 life membership offer for family members or I would have got them for both my granddaughters.

Ken (Benefactor)

I didn't see the $300 life membership offer for family members or I would have got them for both my granddaughters.

Ken (Benefactor)

The main part of the mailing was asking me to upgrade my membership to Benefactor. Side benefit was a $300 life membership for a family member. Funny thing was that they didn't ask what the relationship was. Since you are already a Benefactor my guess is that you didn't get the mass mailing.

I got my own life membership as a junior and it converted over. I didn't realize that they no longer offer that as an option. I guess I'll have to pony up for the rugrat.

B

I have recently received FOUR offers (one for each of my adult children who are Life Members courtesy of Dad) to upgrade membership to Endowment for $175 which includes a jacket (NOT leather). This offer also indicates that LM for family members is only $300 each, or for annual membership at $20 each. The offer was part of an attemp to get one to buy addl life insurance.

When I joined as a LM I think that it was around $150. I started my kids on the EPL Jr Life and paid three of them quarterly at the same time, one each month. (Think about that one.) The fourth kid came along later and I got his EPL Jr Life started when he was 2 days old. He will be 23 in May.

Needless to say, I get a lot of magazines in my house!

I got the same offer.

As I have the leather LM jacket and a nylon GOAL Patron jacket, I have no desire for another nylon NRA jacket.

Needless to say, I get a lot of magazines in my house!
You don't have to get the magazine. I choose not to because I don't want them to waste the money on it. I wish they would save a buck or two on mailings also...

Ahhh, that explains it. I'm extremely efficient when it comes to detecting incoming mail offering insurance and other things for which I have no use, and routing it directly to the big white can without ever reading more than 1-2 words.

Ken

Wow, you guys are bringing back nightmares of how much junk mail they used to send me before I turned it off.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I just discovered there's an NRA membership that is only $10 yearly with some voting restrictions and no magazine. Score! Guess where I'm headed in a couple years when my 5-year plan runs out... If I don't break even 100 years from then, I'll be too busy celebrating my 130th birthday to care.

There is a website that has $10 yearly discounts and still has the lifetime membership at the $750 price if you pay it all at once... I don't remember the url, but googling "nra life membership cost" should dig it up.

Whoever bought Alan Gura's services is getting something a lot cooler than a hat. [smile]

I am GOA Life, btw.

Yeah, if you do a little googling, you can find a lot of different NRA life membership offers, including the one for $750 with the leather jacket.

Back
Top Bottom