NRA Instructor Training

scouter-rick

Training Counselor
NES Member
One of my responsibilities is to train Certified Instructors and Range Safety Officers for Boy Scout programs.

I have been asked to run a specific training program to gear up a local camp for a revitalized Shooting Sports program.

The Course will provide Instructor Certification in the following ratings:

NRA Basic Rifle
NRA Basic Shotgun
NRA Basic Pistol
Home Firearms Safety
Range Safety Officer

This will require a time committment of 4 days which will be done over 2 weekends. Dates to be determined. As a package for these volunteers I will offer this for $450 all inclusive.

I am opening this opportunity to NES members if any of you would be interested.

I would respectfully request that since I know very few of you personally that you submit your interest to me by PM with a brief explanation of why you wish to be an instructor, what your shooting experience consists of, what you plan to do with the Certification and anything else you may feel will help me to welcome you as a candidate for this class.

-Rick

Correct. Completed the TC workshop as part of my duties to BSA and just waiting for the Credentials to come through. Headquarters expects this to be done in the next couple weeks. Credentials will show:

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Certified Instructor with ratings in Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun and Home Firearms Safety.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

The dates will be determined by the group of students although I anticipate it to be just after the first of the year sometime. I am quite flexible to their schedules and the program that they need the certs for does not start till march sometime.

We will be getting together for pre-course shooting, discussions, evaluation and planning the day after Thanksgiving.

I am PM'ing you with the location.

-Rick

One of my responsibilities is to train Certified Instructors and Range Safety Officers for Boy Scout programs.

I have been asked to run a specific training program to gear up a local camp for a revitalized Shooting Sports program.

The Course will provide Instructor Certification in the following ratings:

NRA Basic Rifle
NRA Basic Shotgun
NRA Basic Pistol
Home Firearms Safety
Range Safety Officer

This will require a time committment of 4 days which will be done over 2 weekends. Dates to be determined. As a package for these volunteers I will offer this for $450 all inclusive.

I am opening this opportunity to NES members if any of you would be interested.

I would respectfully request that since I know very few of you personally that you submit your interest to me by PM with a brief explanation of why you wish to be an instructor, what your shooting experience consists of, what you plan to do with the Certification and anything else you may feel will help me to welcome you as a candidate for this class.

-Rick
Not to necro post, but I'm looking for something like this. We run a boy's camp every winter and this year our instructor/RSO can't make it. I'd like to get at least a rifle and RSO certification by January. Is that possible? If so, any leads on where to go?

Not to necro post, but I'm looking for something like this. We run a boy's camp every winter and this year our instructor/RSO can't make it. I'd like to get at least a rifle and RSO certification by January. Is that possible? If so, any leads on where to go?
Rick has left NES. I'm very picky as to who to train with, as I believe in learning, not just punching a ticket. For me it was RIck and Jon Green, but I know of one other TC who was superb . . . Rick recommended him to me and I hired him to co-teach my first NRA Personal Protection class. I later wrote his recommendation to become a TC. He's up in the Manchester area, but I don't know if he's still teaching. Send me a PM with your Email address and I'll try to contact him and see if he's still teaching and then send you his contact info.

Back
Top Bottom