• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Instructor Course - Recommendations?

BostonVI

NES Member
I've been kicking around taking an instructor class for a while. GOAL used to run them periodically, but I'm not seeing any on their calendar.

NRA's training site has several Basic Pistol Instructor courses listed in Mass, but I was wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations or suggestions before I just signed up for the closest, or most convenient course.

First you need to understand NRA's new rules. You MUST take the student course before they will let you take the instructor course.

In any case, you can't do better than Jon Green or Scouter-Rick for NRA Training Counselors (they certify instructors). Reach out to them and find out when they are next teaching the BP instructor course and then seek out one of us Instructors to get the student course done first.

I actually just took Jon Green's Mass Gun Law class two weeks ago, so I'll reach out to him.

Thanks, everyone!

Jon is a great instructor. I took his Basics of Pistol Shooting last winter and his class that trained me to be a Basic Home Firearms Safety instructor. I really enjoyed both classes. Jon combines knowledge, humor, and a passion for responsibly enjoying firearms for an enjoyable and informative experience.
Some tips for anyone who attends one of his classes:
  • Don't be late. It ticks him off.
  • Pay attention, take notes, ask questions.
  • Don't ever refer to a firearm as a "weapon". Negative connotations.
  • Join GOAL and mention your member #. You will get "priority" treatment. Plus it shows you are committed to GOAL's mission.

Back
Top Bottom