NRA Instructor Course - Home Firearm Safety and Basic Pistol July 14 - 16, 2006

I just checked the letter I got in the mail, it has the name and number of the person to call for the State Police application. Has anybody received their credentials from the NRA yet?

Call the State Police and request an application. All you need to do is fill it out and make a copy of the Course Completion Card that Jon signed on Sunday. You can at least get that going while waiting for your NRA creds.

I've got a PDF copy of the state application form that you can download and print here.

I'm not at all certain that the state will accept the course completion cards, since they only show that you've completed the required training, not that you're actually certified by NRA. If it actually works for anybody, please let me know.

Ken

I am pretty sure I sent a copy of my NRA certificate in with my state application. I am certain I didn't use the Course Completion Card.

It's funny but that card states on it, "THIS COURSE COMPLETION DOES NOT CERTIFY YOU AS AN NRA INSTRUCTOR".

What instructor number are they up to now? I got #7 way back when (actually, BFS007, but I assume the prefix is fixed(.

Rob Boudrie said:
What instructor number are they up to now? I got #7 way back when (actually, BFS007, but I assume the prefix is fixed(.

I received mine a month or so ago...BFS02226.

I'D KILL FOR YOUR INSTRUCTOR NUMBER THOUGH!!!!!!!!

dreppucci007 said:

I also had a course, LTC-013 certified by the MSP and even have a certificate to prove it. It was added after the original list, and still does not appear in all publications - which is why I give anyone using that course for an LTC a copy of the "course certification" as well as their certificate and a copy of my instructor cert. LTC-013 is the "USPSA Safe Handgun Competitor Course, MA Edition".

dreppucci007 said:

Yeah, I just noticed your avatar. A co-worker has an SVI gun which is serial #7 (007 was already taken), and a single stack Infinity 40 I got some time ago came thru with an 007 suffix (not accidental, but nothing I asked for either).

Rob Boudrie said:
Yeah, I just noticed your avatar. A co-worker has an SVI gun which is serial #7 (007 was already taken), and a single stack Infinity 40 I got some time ago came thru with an 007 suffix (not accidental, but nothing I asked for either).

I'm EXTREMELY jealous!

Another thing you might want to consider for your first courses is team teaching, either with another new instructor or with an experienced instructor. It gives you a chance to sit down every now and then, look through your lesson plans and ask yourself, where the hell am I and what am I supposed to do next. I tend to team teach all my larger classes, doing only the individual or small groups on my own.

Ken

#1: Where do you run the courses?

#2: Are you interested in NRA instructors who obained their certification elsewhere before GOAL offered the instructor courses?

wpr2004 said:
All graduates of The GOAL Foundation NRA Instructor courses are invited to co-instruct with Nancy Snow and I. Our NRA Basic Pistol Courses are offered on Tuesdays.

Please drop me an email if you are interested. [email protected]

Teach now rather than later!

Jon Green
GOAL

This is a golden opportunity.

Jon Green is one of the best, most inspiring NRA instructors out there. You could learn so, so much just co-teaching one of his courses.

Darius

How experienced, you ask?

You should be a confident, skillful pistol and revolver shooter, with crisp safe gun-handling skills, a willingness to take the time necessary to understand, follow and teach NRA Lesson Plans, and to speak in front of a group of new pistol students.

You also must have superior marksmanship skill. You probably shouldn't attempt to become an NRA Instructor via the GOAL NRA instructor course unless you can shoot groups on a standard fifty foot gallery pistol target set at fifty feet, and do so with both a .22 pistol and a revolver, both two- and one-handed.

Jon and I provide a strong training opportunity for those folks who are qualified and ready to accept the many challenges of an intensive two and a half day, twenty-plus hour NRA instructor development course.

Darius Arbabi

Last edited:
Thanks. I know I'm definitely not ready yet, I'm still recovering from a 4 year college enforced hiatus from shooting and it shows.

Maybe in a year or two... definitely one of my goals in the next couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom