• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Instructor Class - Basic Pistol & Home Firearm Safety

KMaurer

NES Member
I've finally managed to find some dates on which I can get the facilities to offer this. It's a three day course that provides all the training required to become an NRA instructor for the two most popular courses, Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety. Both courses are approved for the required training for a Massachusetts LTC. (Once you've been certified as a certified instructor by the NRA, you can become a Massachusetts certified instructor simply by sending the necessary application form (and $50) to the Massachusetts State Police.) The first day covers basic teaching methods and NRA policies and regulations. The remaining two days cover all the lessons you'll be teaching, included practice presenting the lectures and conducting the student exercises. You'll need to attend all three days and pass the written exams in order to be recommended for certification, then submit your application to the NRA along with their processing fees before you get your credentials. Instructor candidates don't need to be expert shots, just safe, competent shooters with a desire to introduce others to safe recreational, competitive and defensive shooting. (There is no defensive shooting content in either of these introductory courses.)

Location: Westford Sportsmen's Club (click here for directions)
Cost: $300, including lunches for all three days and all necessary materials
Dates: Saturday, July 19th; Saturday & Sunday, July 26th-27th
Time: All sessions will start promptly at 9:00am and conclude by 4:30pm

Please let me know if you'd like to attend before the end of this month so that I can order the required materials in time.

Ken

Update:

Completed this course July 27th. Mailed application to NRA within the following week. Today, Aug 15th, came home after work and in the mail is a very nice, suitable for framing, NRA Instructors certificate!

I'll photocopy it and the enclosed instructors card early next week and mail it in for the State license.

Thanks again Ken for the course and training!

-ed

Update:

Completed this course July 27th. Mailed application to NRA within the following week. Today, Aug 15th, came home after work and in the mail is a very nice, suitable for framing, NRA Instructors certificate!

I'll photocopy it and the enclosed instructors card early next week and mail it in for the State license.

Thanks again Ken for the course and training!

-ed

IT CAME TODAY!!!![party]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom