• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA-ILA Emergency Action Alert! GIVE US MOAR $$$

Anybody get this priority mailed to their house? I just received it. Dated May 10th.

They ask for more money but don't provide the names of any of the scary bills that are "moving quickly for a vote in Congress."

At least try a bit harder when you are trying to dupe me into giving you more money.

[tinfoil]

My phone is circa 2005, so sorry for the lack of pics.

Last edited:
It's really annoying. They do nothing for us in MA and I'm only a member because HSC requires it.

I don't like paying for LaPierre's bad haircuts. [angry2]

I stand with the NRA. they may not fight the fights at the state level like we would like - but they have done a pretty damn good job at the Federal level. Thats all I want from them. I'll continue to support GOAL for the intrastate battles.

I personally am very grateful for the NRA and will continue to support them. I've actually been to the NRA HQ in VA, went to the museum. What a cool place...

I'm an Endowment Member and continue to get requests for money. I've heard a lot of Ed Markey commercials targeting the NRA. One cannot turn on a political discussion without someone trying to make the NRA the scapegoat for shootings. I send what I can to the NRA, to GOAL and to Comm2A. If I can't respond with a check, I usually put the request in the recycle bin. If it weren't for the NRA, I'm fairly certain a lot of these trashy gun bill proposals in Congress would get passed.
Best regards.

I dislike some of their politics but anybody that does anything to help our rights will get my support. Will I donate money when they send out these lousy fund raising pleas.... No... I like to donate locally for local causes. My membership dues will help with the national fight.

sooo.... do you really want an organization with that many members NOT doing anything to help the 2A cause ? Maybe they aren't perfect, but even if there goals mostly cover what we care about its helpful isn't it ?

I got that today too -- I was confused why something UPS came through the mail but it was a fake out.

The post office delivers UPS and Fedex now. I guess they can't survive on their own.

I got a phone call from the NRA yesterday asking for a $200 donation. I told them I have no extra money right now so they asked for $25 or $50. I still told them no. I don't have any extra cash so asking for less doesn't make me have any.

What really irked was the fact they tried to use fear tactics to get me to donate more money, but provided ABSOLUTELY ZERO specifics. I'm not going to give more money to an organization that says there are new bills that need to be fought, but fail to said bills in their letter. The letter looked like it came from UPS, too. Really misleading.

I do not appreciate being lied to or being played for a fool. I will not donate money blindly or have my emotions preyed on.

Last edited:
The post office delivers UPS and Fedex now. I guess they can't survive on their own.

I got a phone call from the NRA yesterday asking for a $200 donation. I told them I have no extra money right now so they asked for $25 or $50. I still told them no. I don't have any extra cash so asking for less doesn't make me have any.

No the fake out I was talking about was that the envelope had a brown stripe and has the same kind of external warnings a UPS envelope would have, but it wasn't real UPS. the whole thing was designed to fool someone into thinking it was. It worked, I was fooled.

If I hadn't thrown it away already I'd scan and upload a photo.

No the fake out I was talking about was that the envelope had a brown stripe and has the same kind of external warnings a UPS envelope would have, but it wasn't real UPS. the whole thing was designed to fool someone into thinking it was. It worked, I was fooled.

If I hadn't thrown it away already I'd scan and upload a photo.
Yeah, that is part of what really irked me. I thought I had a problem with a shipment or something :(

Back
Top Bottom