• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Gun safety course, how long is it good for?

tjtoolbox

NES Member
A friend of mine went through a NRA gun safety course about 2 or 3 years ago. They want to apply foe a Class A License to carry. Is their Safety course still good to submit to their local PD for a license?
They live in Watertown, what are there chances of getting a Class A with No restrictions?
I welcome all of your Info.
Thanks, Joe.

Last edited:
Per MGL, it is good for life . . . but each chief can make his own decision.

Only way to know is to ask the chief/LO in Watertown if they will accept it.

It is very unlikely that Watertown will accept a certificate that old. He should speak with the licensing officer at Watertown PD and ask them about the old class.

If your friend needs to take a class have him call us and we will give him a steep discount (have him mention this thread on NES).

PS - They will not accept a NRA Diploma...he has to produce the state police certificate.

This person has the NRA cert and the State Police Cert. I didn't know that they would have to go through so much BS. I told them to apply for a Class A , but would they be better off with a Class B , just to get their foot in the door?

Last edited:
This person has the NRA cert and the State Police Cert. I didn't they know that would have to go through so much BS. I told them to apply for a Class A , but would they be better off with a Class B , just to get their foot in the door?

NO, NO, NO!

Rules and requirements are EXACTLY the same for Class A as Class B.

He'll just be pissing money down a sewer requesting a Class B, as that is all he'll get for his $100!

Back
Top Bottom