NRA gets something right - new outreach ad

rep308

NES Member
Well the NRA has taken a well deserved beating on this forum over the past couple of years. I did the Life installment plan back in my not so much money days of the 90's and upgraded to Patron during the Obama dynasty. I've been pissed at "dry clean my suit" Wayne for the past couple of years and still think he need to go. That being said, this is one F'ing good 4 minute ad.

It’s a good ad. They’re still not getting another dime from me. Far too much wasted time, money and hot air from them over the years.

Is it just me or is this also just another glaring example of using minority groups for political power when it suits them and having no use for them otherwise? Seems like both sides are pretty adept at that.

Lots of wasted money on Wayne, but i prefer the might and membership of the NRA and they do lots of lobbying, education, and marksmanship programs. There are other orgs who might not be quite as wasteful, but the NRA has been instrumental in securing your RKBA. To not support them is to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Lots of wasted money on Wayne, but i prefer the might and membership of the NRA and they do lots of lobbying, education, and marksmanship programs. There are other orgs who might not be quite as wasteful, but the NRA has been instrumental in securing your RKBA. To not support them is to cut off your nose to spite your face.
I don’t agree with that. They’ve lost sight of their goal a long time ago. It became about money and power just like any other .org when it gets too big.

I find a lot of people and the media racist..

You read articles that have headlines like “Gun owners have a new ally and youll be shocked who”

Anyone who is shocked that Black people like guns is a moron…

I think a more appropriate headline would be “people of color want to own guns legally” or “African Americans are still waiting for their rights”

It’s a good ad. They’re still not getting another dime from me. Far too much wasted time, money and hot air from them over the years.

Is it just me or is this also just another glaring example of using minority groups for political power when it suits them and having no use for them otherwise? Seems like both sides are pretty adept at that.
Yup. f*** em.
Not a single cent till Wayne is gone and his replacement has a solid Pro 2A background.

That ad is good. I get the theme of this ad but I wonder if they could weave Colion Noir into it somehow.

Any idea where/how this will be distributed? If it's available only through NRA websites or related trade magazines, e.g. Petersen's Hunting, I'm afraid they'll be preaching to the choir.

The NRA hasn't had "might" in over a decade. Their influence is nonexistent compared to what it used to be.

They ghosted Colion Noir and his show which was good. They’ve done nothing to support Maj Toure and Black Guns Matter who has been in the hood doing the work.

NRA died along time ago. FPC has actually been fighting battles and winning, they deserve the support not more money for Wayne’s slush fund.

For the reason that 99 percent of gun crime happens to be committed by these types.
Huh? What types?

I would REALLY like to see the NRA clean house and re-focus. I'd be all in. Not gonna happen until they dump Wayno and reorganize the board so that they don't repeat the decisions that brought the NRA to where it is now. Think of all the good that could have been accomplished with the money that Wayno skims. Just another sleaze ball and his cronies pandering to a passionate group- as in one that's easy to squeeze donations from. Sorry for the harshly cynical view, but not much different than this-

The Preachers Getting Rich from Poor Americans (BBC)

GOAL and Comm2A get my $. I do like this ad and think the 'gun community' needs to be more inclusive of hard working Americans from different walks of life.

They ghosted Colion Noir and his show which was good. They’ve done nothing to support Maj Toure and Black Guns Matter who has been in the hood doing the work.

NRA died along time ago. FPC has actually been fighting battles and winning, they deserve the support not more money for Wayne’s slush fund.
Colion and Dana were both part of NRA-TV which was run entirely by their ad group. When that relationship went tits up, everything went with it.

Colion and Dana were both part of NRA-TV which was run entirely by their ad group. When that relationship went tits up, everything went with it.

my understanding is Dana is employed by that ad group, Colion is not. They easily could’ve kept him onboard, he has talked about on Rogan podcast how they just stopped calling, no ill will.

The NRA hasn't had "might" in over a decade. Their influence is nonexistent compared to what it used to be.
I don’t agree with that. They’ve lost sight of their goal a long time ago. It became about money and power just like any other .org when it gets too big.
We need to be very careful that we don't withdraw our support of them, even though Wayne and other issues, as denying their abilities, and additionally their potential in the future, to stave off bad laws and boost good ones is both statistically wrong and foolhardy. Remember, the perfect is the enemy of the good.

Another analogy is Kelly Ayotte, and how people shunned her and didn't vote. Look what we have now in the US Senate. You folks in NH may not have liked her much, but compared to those 2 senators now? Give me a break.

We need to be very careful that we don't withdraw our support of them, even though Wayne and other issues, as denying their abilities, and additionally their potential in the future, to stave off bad laws and boost good ones is both statistically wrong and foolhardy. Remember, the perfect is the enemy of the good.

Another analogy is Kelly Ayotte, and how people shunned her and didn't vote. Look what we have now in the US Senate. You folks in NH may not have liked her much, but compared to those 2 senators now? Give me a break.

The NRA is not even “good” anymore, nobody ever expected perfect.

Not for me. If the NRA wants to earn back my respect and trust, I’ll give them a chance. They can show a positive, publicly open and highly motivated attempt at changing how they operate, immediately dumping the rich boys club, returning to blue collar American roots, and never again accepting and agreeing to BS items that’re done against all of our wishes and being a bunch of go along to get along pussies.

If they can show this for a steady 5 yr period, while not giving one more inch of ground, then I’ll think about letting them onto my mailing list again. Until they do this I have no use for them anymore and my money will not be used simply to make their board members richer or their lifestyles any more comfortable while they sell us out inch by inch.

IMO they’re going along with the left on most issues, while pretending to be for us, and pretending to fight, just to stay relevant and keep their jobs. I’m sure it’s more complicated than my simple mind has simplified it, but that’s how I see them and that has been brought on by their own behavior. How can I support them when I don’t trust or respect them? That doesn’t need an answer, it’s just my feelings on the matter.

I hope they break it down. 4min is not an add, it is a damn documentary.

Want people's attention, cut it down to 30 second segments.

Although i agree with the overall statement, i am not sure it applies here. The guy in the video is someone i am familiar with from listening to gun podcasts. I wouldn't be surprised if it was his idea that he pitched to the NRA.

Back
Top Bottom