• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Firearm Safety Course

I just wanted to let you guys know there will be a NRA Firearms Safety Course at the Ashland Fish and Game on January 16th.

The course is being held by Will Davis and a few other instructors. It is an all day course 8am-6pm and cost $125.

I took Will's course last year and it was very informative and well put together. I believe there is about 6-8 spots left.

From his website http://metrowestfirearms.com/index.html

NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course
$125.00

Length: 10 Hours
Classroom and Pistol Range
Meets Massachusetts Requirements for LTC and FID

Description:
Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. Includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn:

* NRA rules for safe gun handling
* Pistol parts and operation
* Ammunition
* Shooting fundamentals
* Range rules
* Shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions;
* Cleaning the pistol
* Continued opportunities for skill development

Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate.

The registration fee includes all instructional materials, firearms, ammunition, hearing and eye protection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom