NRA files bancruptcy

So this "bold move" is headlined by a letter from WLP.

Yeah... bold move, Cotton.

Speaking of Cotton, the NRA BOD member, attorney, and head of the internal audit committee that found absolutely no wrongdoing, is Charles A. Cotton, whose practice is in Houston metro.

so, seriously....how do we take back the NRA, replace the BOD, and get rid of that douche bag wayne?

they are in bankruptcy...can not we the members petition the bankruptcy court judge to remove them all do to gross incompetence??? Do we have a lawyer here that can comment on if that would work?

Im just wondering after all these years how much money was back doored to NY ....i mean really why stay in such a anti gun place.
Now there is 500,000 or so LTC/FID holders in mass and we cant get our collective shit together to support local 2a groups.
The amazon link for Comm2a i hope has beem doing well for Comm2a.
GOAL? How many members there?
The libs/commies anti constitution folks seem to attract support and money like flies to rotten flesh....how.
I do hope NRA gets it together and becomes more than a call center for donations and cheap chinese prizes.

I miss the down vote on this site... One down vote for actually following Maura's twitter page... Another down vote for using Chrome...

Why do you hate America???

I follow her so that I can continuously respond to all the dumb "twits" she makes! I don't hate America. I just hate MA. It's just not a fair haven!

I wonder about that status of the NRA gun museum. I turned my back on the NRA in the 1990s so I am not quite up on it, but don't they own a huge building in D.C.? What about the Whittington Center? Will the NRA have to liquidate as part of the bankruptcy? As a member of a gun club back in the 1970s and 1980s, I held several offices and delt with the NRA on shooting competition and gun safety matters. In that regard, they were ok - the gun legislation stuff disappointed me even back then. The NRA colluded in writing the 1968 GCA.

I wonder about that status of the NRA gun museum. I turned my back on the NRA in the 1990s so I am not quite up on it, but don't they own a huge building in D.C.? What about the Whittington Center? Will the NRA have to liquidate as part of the bankruptcy? As a member of a gun club back in the 1970s and 1980s, I held several offices and delt with the NRA on shooting competition and gun safety matters. In that regard, they were ok - the gun legislation stuff disappointed me even back then. The NRA colluded in writing the 1968 GCA.
Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows a corporation to reorganize and restructure debt. Nothing will be liquidated. Remember when part of Hertz filed for Chapter 11 and people thought that they'd be selling off their cars cheap? Didn't happen.

It's a move to deny the New York State AGs bid to dissolve the corporation so she can seize their assets for her pet projects using money that is not subject to public scrutiny.

There are other options out there. Former club found one a few years ago when I was on the board and that club had a bar.
Yes, Braintree R&P did an analysis a number of years ago and went with a local agent for less money. I'm certain that Historic Firearms (aka Eastern Insurance) offers similar coverage for gun clubs.
The requirement for endorsement is paying a commission to the NRA. It stands to reason the market can provide policies at similar pricing with the referral fee off the table..
I've seen the same insurance as NRA/Lockton offered by a few other companies. Same cost including the "fee".

NRA is NOT a single corporation. As I understand it, NRA/ILA, NRA Education, etc. are all separate corporations from NRA itself. I'm sure that Raton, the museum, etc. are also stand-alone corporations. There are tax and legal protection reasons for doing this.

Why were they ever in NY? If you are a lobbying superpower shouldn't you be in DC. Or at least VA/MD.
When they were established in 1871, the Union generals who organized the NRA were in New York, New England, etc. And NY was once a much more conservative place that elected Republican governors and senators.
To Len's point, yes the NRA itself is one corporation, a 501(c)4, and others, like the NRA Foundation, are 501(c)3. As members of a Friends of NRA committee, part of the foundation, we were told in strong terms not to do anything even remotely political at any of our fundraisers. The basis of some of the NY and DC lawsuits is that the officers of NRA misused and mixed funds from the non-profit charitable NRA Foundation to cover expenses at the NRA itself and the ILA, which were engaged in lobbying and political contributions, activities not legal for a 501(c)3 chartered organization.

Why were they ever in NY? If you are a lobbying superpower shouldn't you be in DC. Or at least VA/MD.

They were formed in 1871 to promote marksmanship. At that time the major and many minor gun manufacturers were in the New England and New York areas.

It was a much different New York back then.

They were formed in 1871 to promote marksmanship. At that time the major and many minor gun manufacturers were in the New England and New York areas.

It was a much different New York back then.
Why didn't they move to DC area in the last 50 years? And why not now? I don't really care, it just smells of more shenanigans.

Back
Top Bottom