NRA files bancruptcy

Remains to be seen if this is a smart move or a shitbird move. It all depends upon how the NRA handles its debts. Wayno says they are solvent as ever but he's a lying piece of dung so who knows. If the NRA simply re-incorporates in Texas and honors its debts excepting those to the state of New York, smart move.

Getting out of NY is def a win, no matter how you slice it. Frivolous lawsuits from the AG would bleed them at a time when cashflow is shrinking.

Strategic business move. If they ever want another dime from me, they'll tar and feather Wayne and all of his supporters and take on a role like GOA. Until then, F them.
I got a fundraising call from them yesterday. Told them the exact same thing. As long as Wayne was part of leadership, I will not contribute a thing.

Getting out of NY is def a win, no matter how you slice it. Frivolous lawsuits from the AG would bleed them at a time when cashflow is shrinking.
This feels like the real reason to me. New York is only going to get more hostile to civil rights orgs, I'm surprised this didn't happen years ago.

Generally speaking, if an organization files for bankruptcy, it will pause any lawsuit against the entity, and eventually the lawsuit will just...go away. So the lawsuit that NY filed against the NRA is likely to disappear.

Meanwhile, it will re-organize and get back to business.

Not an unusual legal strategy. Ordinarily it is disfavored for many reasons, including because it could hurt the brand...but that’s not really an issue here.

Kurt Russell would fill that role nicely.

That works ...

iu

Doesn't matter what you like lol I'm pretty sure we hate the nra almost as much as the libs... however the nra is the face of 2a

Where?
I dumped them and joined GOA after all the shenanigans.

NRA is non-existent from what I can tell. The Libs don't even mention the "Da Guunnn Law-beee" with fire breathing out of there holes.

Where?
I dumped them and joined GOA after all the shenanigans.

NRA is non-existent from what I can tell. The Libs don't even mention the "Da Guunnn Law-beee" with fire breathing out of there holes.
Did you not see the article the other day... Biden will take on the NRA

I know we dislike the nra I'm not telling you to change your mind. I'm just saying the left perception is largely based on the nras actions

Good! as a NRA member since the 80s I think what this organization has become, especially under Wayne Lapierre a bad joke. He is a thief and a charlatan. He doesn't care about me or you. All he cares about is lining his own pockets. And while doing so, has brought the most negative connotation to gun rights. He needs to go. Hopefully any re-org will be done without him!

For sure.

We need all the pro 2A organizations we have right now.

Bob

NRA was incorporated in NY. NYAG sues and threatens to revoke charter, thereby making NRA a non-entity. (Hmmmm, who takes custody of NRA business records? Serious question.) NRA re-incorporates in TX, thereby making NYAG threat moot. Sounds good to me.

Sort of like suing NYC about their firearm restrictions and then NYC kinda, sorta rescinding its restrictions, leading SC to say "Nothing to see here".

Actually, I like a lot of what Wayne has done, but it is time for him to go.

-Gary

Back
Top Bottom