• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Basic Pistol / Home Firearm Safety Instructor - September 14-16

KMaurer

NES Member
I've done this previously over two weekends, but have had a request to offer it in a more condensed time frame. It's still the same training, but done on three consecutive days. Participants completing all three days, including passing scores on the tests, can apply to become NRA Certified Instructors for two disciplines: Home Firearm Safety (4hrs) and Basic Pistol (10hrs). Certified Instructors can also be approved by the Massachusetts State Police to offer the required training for Massachusetts firearm licenses. NRA certified instructors can also provide the necessary certification of training required by Florida and Connecticut, and conduct and approve the qualification shooting required by Rhode Island for their respective licenses.

On Friday afternoon and evening, September 14th, we'll cover the basics of firearm instruction, training techniques, NRA policies and procedures, and the requirements for training courses that meet Massachusetts standards for licenses. On Saturday and Sunday we'll cover all parts of the classroom lessons and live fire exercises for these two NRA courses.

The total cost for this three-day training will be $250, which includes all the texts and lesson plans needed for the two courses, refreshments, Friday dinner and weekend lunches.

If you're interested in signing up for this instructor training, or if you've just got questions, please EMail or PM me. I don't need any money before the training starts, but I need a firm headcount at least a month before.

Ken

Doh! I need to pay closer attention to my calendar when planning things; I can figure out days of the week and civil holidays in my head, but not religious observances (Yeah, I know; Christmas falls on December 25th this year).

Assuming that I have at least 2-3 people for each date, we can offer that first session both on Friday, September 14th, as I originally planned, and on the previous Sunday, September 9th. So if anybody is interested, let me know what your preferences (or limitations) are for the first session.

Ken

Well it looks like GOAL blew it too, with the GOAL banquet that same Friday!

Yes, the 9th would work for me for day 1 with the 15th & 16th for the other days. Thanks.

Holidays

Ken
I suggest that it could be far easier to have Len convert to some other religion. I am sure that you can take care of the details.

I hadn't heard any more about this until a phone call from GrandPa Jim this morning! [devil]

As things stand right now, I have no other commitments on Sunday, September 9th or the 16th. The Saturday, September 15th conflicts with the NES Members car shoot, but if everyone else can make the training for that day, I'll forgo the car shoot.

I'm going to make this a Sticky.

So what's going to happen? I guess you can skip the Friday dinner.

And unfortunately I haven't heard anything either. So unless at least a couple of people indicate an interest in the next few days, I'll have to postpone until later. Anybody interested, PM or eMail me as soon as you can.

Ken

Ken why don't you schedule another weekend and we can all have a nice night at the GOAL dinner on the 14th? [wink]

For the senior citizen who wrote earlier.

Len
I just saw a quote that I think you, as our resident curmudgeon would relate to:

"The irony of life is that, by the time
You're old enough to know your way
Around, you're not going anywhere."

Just to let everybody know, I am going to have to schedule this for another time, since I don't have nearly enough people signed up yet. I'm going to try to find some weekend before winter sets in, and will make sure that I post it in plenty of time.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom