NRA Bans ‘Operational’ Guns At NRA Convention

We were prohibited from carrying at the Charlotte Convention Center and at the Bank of America Stadium. Big "no guns" signs were clearly visible. No one searched us or anything. But we felt the irony.

Stadium Policy: "Possessing and/or concealing a firearm, explosives or other weapons (weapons carried with permits are also prohibited)."

Unfortunately, most venues large enough to host the NRA Convention also have strict "no weapons" policies. I'm betting they searched far and wide to find a place large enough that didn't prohibit concealed carry, but were unable to find one.

Unfortunately, most venues large enough to host the NRA Convention also have strict "no weapons" policies. I'm betting they searched far and wide to find a place large enough that didn't prohibit concealed carry, but were unable to find one.

If they stopped sending me all their junk mail they could build their own

We were prohibited from carrying at the Charlotte Convention Center and at the Bank of America Stadium. Big "no guns" signs were clearly visible. No one searched us or anything. But we felt the irony.

Stadium Policy: "Possessing and/or concealing a firearm, explosives or other weapons (weapons carried with permits are also prohibited)."

Those signs are binding, in NC, I believe.

How 'bout NRA holds it's convention in a venue and in states that respect the 2nd Amendment? Crazy, I know.

Last edited:

Not true. Neither Indy nor Houston had any prohibition on the exhibit hall floor. That wasn't the case in NC, which is why there was so much flak about it. Events held at sports venues usually fall under the league rules and that applies even for non league events.

The Pittsburgh meetings followed state law. Concealed carry was the order of the day in the David Lawerance Convention Center, but the display guns did have their firing pins removed.

Back
Top Bottom