• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Annual Meeting

TWtommers

Instructor
NES Member
I'm thinking about going to the NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville next year. If you've ever been to an annual meeting, what were your thought? Best part? Worst part?

In before the NRA haters. [shocked]

I'm actually considering my self, and my wife is on board to go with me. All the close-in hotels are sold out, so I'm going to need a rental car. But I figure that's not so bad, I can probably tack on a day at the end to do some tourist stuff. Maybe go drive by Hickok45's compound.

From what I hear the attendance is going to break a record again. I can't think of a better town to have the NRA convention in.

In before the NRA haters. [shocked]

From what I hear the attendance is going to break a record again. I can't think of a better town to have the NRA convention in.

...and what's wrong with having it in Boston? All the liberals would seek shelter and shake in fear for three days.

...and what's wrong with having it in Boston? All the liberals would seek shelter and shake in fear for three days.

They'd pass a bylaw in Boston prohibiting NRA to come to the city or prohibiting any signage.

I'm pretty sure that the city owns/controls 2 if not all 3 of the convention centers in Boston, so simply refusing to rent it to them would shut them out.

I'd prefer to see it in NH! And if they did that I'd probably attend.

Boston would be good for entertainment value for sure.

Can you imagine this stretched across Boylston [STRIKE=.]Ave[/STRIKE]Street? [rofl]

Czmx4Gm.jpg

Last edited:
If they had it in NH,ME,VT or even somewhere other than Boston Ma. I would probably go.

They'd pass a bylaw in Boston prohibiting NRA to come to the city or prohibiting any signage.

I'm pretty sure that the city owns/controls 2 if not all 3 of the convention centers in Boston, so simply refusing to rent it to them would shut them out.

Last edited:
I went to NRA last year, which was my first time. I also go to SHOT ever year. The first two hours were not bad. By 11am, the isles were so filled that moving was impossible. I left by noon in frustration. If I didn't also attend SHOT--which is crowded but nowhere as bad--and this was my only opportunity at a big show, I might have had a little more patience. I won't go again.

They should sue

My comment about holding the annual meeting in Boston was sarcastic, but I doubt that even Boston would refuse a convention generating $20 million or more as did the one in Charlotte, NC in 2010. Of course, after all the bribery, lockdowns, OT for LEOs, etc., I guess that figure might drop down to maybe only a few bucks.

Last edited:
To hold a convention of that size in Boston it would have to be at the convention center in the seaport which currently being looked at to be named for either former mayor Flynn or Menino. The irony of the NRA convention being held at the "Mayor Thomas Menino convention center" would probably cause Bloomberg to have a heart attack.

I've gone twice and plan to go again. It was very crowded this year in Indy compared to 2012 in Houston. I took that as a good thing and reflected both the increase in availability of product and interest in fighting the fight.
Be prepared to walk.

If you want to go, book your hotel right now. I'm planning to stay out of the city and drive in every day. The guy I'm rooming with is driving up for LA and I might drive down from here.

Nashville is a fun city and TN is very, very 2A friendly.

We'll never see the Annual Meetings in Boston, so it's just stupid to speculate and/or whine about it.

Thanks guys. I was just in Nashville for a week this spring and love it. That's partially why I'm interested in going back. The town blows for hotel rooms so I'd bank on a rental car outside town. My understanding is that the convention center there is beyond large. They intentionally overbuilt. With any luck, that will mean it won't get too crowded.

My comment about holding the annual meeting in Boston was sarcastic, but I doubt that even Boston would refuse a convention generating $20 million or more as did the one in Charlotte, NC in 2010. Of course, after all the bribery, lockdowns, OT for LEOs, etc., I guess that figure might drop down to maybe only a few bucks.

You don't understand the depth of the moonbattery of Boston. Yes they would probably turn it down. It would give them the opportunity however to arrest hundreds or thousands of people for various violations of the MA gun laws however. [sad]

If they had it in Boston, they'd have to call off school and lock down a 100 sq mile area because of g-g-g-g-guns!

To hold a convention of that size in Boston it would have to be at the convention center in the seaport which currently being looked at to be named for either former mayor Flynn or Menino. The irony of the NRA convention being held at the "Mayor Thomas Menino convention center" would probably cause Bloomberg to have a heart attack.

Well, that would be a good thing after all.

I attended last year in Indiana, it was my one and only meeting. Although it was a great trip, and a great time I would not go again. It was very crowded and difficult to enjoy. I haven't been to the ShotShow or Knob Creek, but I think those two would be more interesting.

You don't understand the depth of the moonbattery of Boston. Yes they would probably turn it down. It would give them the opportunity however to arrest hundreds or thousands of people for various violations of the MA gun laws however. [sad]

If they had it in Boston, they'd have to call off school and lock down a 100 sq mile area because of g-g-g-g-guns!

Well, that would be a good thing after all.

Heck, Menino wouldn't allow a Walmart to be built in Boston, because, well because. God forgive if people are given a choice of stores. And besides the gun issue, who ever thinks Boston is in favor of making money and good choices. They like other liberal cities could screw up a good thing just because.

Back
Top Bottom