• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral megathread, Update post 567 NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

Col. Allen West, NRA board member, no longer supports Wayne LaPierre, says NRA president and audit committee member are lying about briefing the rest of the board: NRA board member: 'Imperative' to clean house, move on from CEO Wayne LaPierre
Let's link directly to West's blog post, not a Yahoo! article that gives an open mic to the Giffords' lawyer.

Statement Regarding the NRA

This was the first I knew of Charles Cotton being head of the audit committee. I am not surprised. I butted heads with him for years when I lived in Texas.

He is the ultimate "NIH", insider, "my way or no way" political operator.

NRA Suspends Chief Lobbyist For Alleged Coup Plot Against LaPierre

By Allegra Kirkland and Josh Kovensky
June 20, 2019 1:20 pm
The circular firing squad at the National Rifle Association claimed another victim on Thursday, as the gun rights group suspended its chief lobbyist for his alleged involvement in a failed coup attempt against NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre.

As the New York Times reported, the accusation against Chris Cox was made in a lawsuit the NRA filed Wednesday in New York State Supreme Court against the NRA’s erstwhile president Oliver North.

This is a bombshell development given that Cox was one of the most visible faces of the NRA. He has worked for the NRA since 1995, serving as executive director for the Institute for Legislative Action — the NRA’s lobbying arm — since 2002. He was just reelected to his position at the board meeting this April.

It’s the latest development in the escalating battle between North and LaPierre, which began when the NRA sued its longtime ad firm, Ackerman McQueen, for refusing to disclose details of North’s lucrative separate contract with the Oklahoma City-based firm. North has accused LaPierre and other NRA bigwigs of wasting the company’s dwindling funds on frivolous expenses, and launched a failed coup attempt against LaPierre ahead of the board meeting in Indianapolis.

Per the NRA’s lawsuit, Cox exchanged emails and texts that showed he was in on the whole thing.

The lawsuit was brought by William Brewer III, the NRA’s longtime legal counsel and the son-in-law of the head of Ackerman McQueen. A leak of documents in May showed North accusing Brewer of draining cash from the gun group at “mindboggling speed,” allegedly billing it $18.5 million for 13 months of work.

NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam told the Times that Cox had “been placed on administrative leave” and that an internal review was underway.

The circular firing squad at the National Rifle Association claimed another victim on Thursday, as the gun rights group suspended its chief lobbyist for his alleged involvement in a failed coup attempt against NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre.

As the New York Times reported, the accusation against Chris Cox was made in a lawsuit the NRA filed Wednesday in New York State Supreme Court against the NRA’s erstwhile president Oliver North.

This is a bombshell development given that Cox was one of the most visible faces of the NRA. He has worked for the NRA since 1995, serving as executive director for the Institute for Legislative Action — the NRA’s lobbying arm — since 2002. He was just reelected to his position at the board meeting this April.

It’s the latest development in the escalating battle between North and LaPierre, which began when the NRA sued its longtime ad firm, Ackerman McQueen, for refusing to disclose details of North’s lucrative separate contract with the Oklahoma City-based firm. North has accused LaPierre and other NRA bigwigs of wasting the company’s dwindling funds on frivolous expenses, and launched a failed coup attempt against LaPierre ahead of the board meeting in Indianapolis.

Per the NRA’s lawsuit, Cox exchanged emails and texts that showed he was in on the whole thing.

The lawsuit was brought by William Brewer III, the NRA’s longtime legal counsel and the son-in-law of the head of Ackerman McQueen. A leak of documents in May showed North accusing Brewer of draining cash from the gun group at “mindboggling speed,” allegedly billing it $18.5 million for 13 months of work.

NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam told the Times that Cox had “been placed on administrative leave” and that an internal review was underway.
So....the chief legal counsel for the NRA is the son in law of the head of ack mack? Billed the NRA 18.5 mil for 13 months of legal work......and you know the nra is gonna pay it all as hes the SIL of ack mack royalty. f***ing thieves.

Jesus f***ing christ the nra is just full of nepotism and corruption.

Wayne, cox, and the whole NRA needs an enima.

From the latest release from truth about guns.....apparently there is no love loss between tag and the nra

Plenty of us know there has been some bad blood between LaPierre and Cox for some time. However, this move by LaPierre and his cronies will surely deepen the conflict within the organization’s headquarters and with its members. After all, Cox didn’t buy ten $20,000 suits and bill them to the NRA.
Nor did he put up sorority girl interns in $4500 condos for their summer internships and bill it to the NRA.

All of this sucks for us. Am sure the antis are giggling over the whole thing. The cleansing can't happen fast enough - we need to rebuild.

All of this sucks for us. Am sure the antis are giggling over the whole thing. The cleansing can't happen fast enough - we need to rebuild.
I agree it sucks for us and for the 2a.

The sooner wayne gets hauled out of his office kicking and screaming the sooner we can get back on track.

But then......I'm sure the NRA lifers will be on here in a minute telling us to shut up and give em more money "cuz it's all we got" and bitching about the NRA just hurts our cause. :rolleyes:

Jill and I were getting flooded with email and snail mail about how everybody, his brother and everyone elses second cousin three times removed were going to come to our door to take our guns, along with many other conspiracy theories. I think Wayne LaPierre read "The Turner Diaries" too many times and it affected his psyche. They will never see another dime of our money. We have two young daughters and have to continue to finance their 529 college funds. Screw the NRA!

Jill and I were getting flooded with email and snail mail about how everybody, his brother and everyone elses second cousin three times removed were going to come to our door to take our guns, along with many other conspiracy theories. I think Wayne LaPierre read "The Turner Diaries" too many times and it affected his psyche.

You assume that he believes that propaganda. I don't think he does. It is all just a cynical ploy to get your money so he can spend it on himself.

So....the chief legal counsel for the NRA is the son in law of the head of ack mack? Billed the NRA 18.5 mil for 13 months of legal work......and you know the nra is gonna pay it all as hes the SIL of ack mack royalty. f***ing thieves.

Jesus f***ing christ the nra is just full of nepotism and corruption.

Wayne, cox, and the whole NRA needs an enima.
Since LaPierre's and Cox's brains are obviously located in their anuses, an enema might result in permanent brain damage.

Nothing like paying an organization to compromise our 2nd amendment rights away and then asking us for more money! [rofl]

But wait there's more..
All that for our hard earned cash and the ones at the top making millions of dollars are bilking us for millions more in vacations we could only dream of![angry2]

I would rather keep up my grass roots of helping new shooters and the occasional free gun to those that don't have the funds to exercise our right!

Any bets that North's allegations are spot on?

I'm well compensated and my wife has a decent job, but we are paying out of pocket for two college educations plus some huge medical bills the last couple years. No fancy vacations for us. Not that I can do a lot but I try to help local grassroots efforts like GOAL and clubs with moonbat problems- Monadnock, Granby, etc. NFW will the NRA get my money until they remove the parasites. Haven't liked sleazy Wayne since day one.

Damn. I need a scorecard to keep this whole thing straight.

North wants total control of hte NRA and wants LaPierre (LP) out.

LP fires back by questioning North's connection to Alister McQueen (AM) PLC and what he's getting compensated for there.

Now the personal pronoun problem.

What side is Cox on??? What scandal was he in on? Was he buying suits with LP or getting kickbacks from AM

Ditto for Brewer, related to AM.

I'm totally confused by that article.

This is telling. And it's what I'd believe if asked:

The Times quoted an NRA-ILA spokeswoman as saying that Cox and LaPierre “worked closely together for a quarter of a century, and any notion that Chris participated in a coup is absurd. Chris Cox is known as a calming force who always acts in the best interests of our members by effectively defending the Second Amendment, so it’s not surprising that board members would reach out to him for advice during tumultuous times.”

Cox and LP have worked together for a long long time.

What I'd really like is for everyone to stop their personal pissing matches and think of the organization instead. If that means that either (or likely, both) side needs to apologize and admit their own stupidity, so be it.

My vote at this point is to wipe the slate clean and find other internal successors for all of them. If you play like children, you get sent to your room like children. :(

I am not sure Cox is the problem. The sun needs shining on all of the Ack Mac connections and compete discovery to decide.

15611400437611027246607.jpg
Ollie is out of the publications. No mention anywhere of their reasoning. (not that I expected there would be.)
The problem is there are two sides to this pissing match, both want control of the $$ and neither give a shite about the cause.
Ive been a member for 30 years and a lifer for 20. And really I've about given up on this circus. I send correspondence that goes unanswered or just elicits a pre-written response. I feel much better about Comm2A and GOAL. they will keep getting my donations.

Back
Top Bottom