• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral megathread, Update post 567 NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

Without them who will financially fight against the cash flow and influence from Soros, Blumturd, Moms against guns, mayors against guns, etc, etc?

If you have been paying attention the NRA hasn't actually been doing shit against any of them for the past 10 years. Their influence is not what it used to
be. The NRA might have been critical in swinging things around up into the early 2000s, but after that they quickly became worthless, and their lobbying power
waned and died off. Politicians no longer fear them at the polls so much anymore.

-Mike

I'm a patron life member but after years of finding out how many times I was getting stabbed in the back I now support GOA. Comm2A & GOAL for local and at times some others. Wayne needs to go and the members need to have the say of what happens. I don't want what is supposed to be a pro 2A group supporting gun control, only criminal control.

Member for over 40 years here and I bit the bullet so to speak even when they had many WTF moments , but they were dead to me 10 seconds after they indorsed red flag laws.
That's when I finally flipped the switch and realized they aren't even pretending to be fighting for our rights anymore.
Negotiate your own freaking rights away if you want , not the rights of a few million other people without their consent to it.

Life Member since I was 16 (43 years). Donated to NRA regularly and upgraded to an Endowment Life Member back in 2015. I like many of you have a love/hate relationship with the NRA. My problem these days is the organization is corrupt. They are not wise caretakers of our money. I am not a rich guy and to see WLP living the good life off of mine and many other's donations is just not right. Also caving in on Red Flag bills and Bump Stock bans goes against what I believe in. Sadly the NRA no longer represents me or my beliefs. If the NRA can clean house and demonstrate to me they can be good stewards of our money I will once again resume financial support. Until that time I will donate my money to GOAL and Comm2A.

I've been a member of the NRA for over 25 years until 2 years ago with the whole bump stock thing and then red flag laws last year came down. They also come into NH and screwed up our best shot at getting constitutional carry with a sitting democrat governor. We eventually got it when Sununu was elected but through no help of the NRA. It was your average citizen, NH Firearm's Coalition, GOA and several other grassroots organizations that got it passed. I still get pleading letters/emails etc from WLP asking me to rejoining. Sorry Wayne, you have jumped the shark. Let it go.

I've been a member of the NRA for over 25 years until 2 years ago with the whole bump stock thing and then red flag laws last year came down. They also come into NH and screwed up our best shot at getting constitutional carry with a sitting democrat governor. We eventually got it when Sununu was elected but through no help of the NRA. It was your average citizen, NH Firearm's Coalition, GOA and several other grassroots organizations that got it passed. I still get pleading letters/emails etc from WLP asking me to rejoining. Sorry Wayne, you have jumped the shark. Let it go.

Some of the stuff I have read about Marion Hammer undermining pro gun bills in Florida was cringe worthy as well.

I'm a patron life member but after years of finding out how many times I was getting stabbed in the back I now support GOA. Comm2A & GOAL for local and at times some others. Wayne needs to go and the members need to have the say of what happens. I don't want what is supposed to be a pro 2A group supporting gun control, only criminal control.
same here but the NRA to the anti's is a Goliath. Destroying the NRA is not in our interest but they need a thorough house cleaning. NRA has more name recognition than all the rest combined and is the face of the dreaded opposition to many anti-gun Libs.

I hate to say it, but Wayne is going to ride it into the ground like Slim Pickens on a nuke.
If there's a nickel left at the end ,it will have to be pried from his fingers.
At this point it may be for the best and something better and stronger might rise up in it's place.
If it's something that's creed is "No compromise. Not another inch" , I'm in.

same here but the NRA to the anti's is a Goliath. Destroying the NRA is not in our interest but they need a thorough house cleaning. NRA has more name recognition than all the rest combined and is the face of the dreaded opposition to many anti-gun Libs.
They're not the goliath they've been made out to be plus they've supported plenty of gun control over the decades. That's what the link points out. Wayne's gotten rich by playing both sides. GOA has good recognition and they've not supported gun control. If they get rid of Wayne and stop supporting gun control I'll reconsider.

Destroying is a strong word. Maybe restructuring is more appropriate. Restructuring will only happen when the funds dry up and WLP runs out of suits. It's time for all clubs to stop insisting on NRA membership and switch to goal or comm2A support. Petition your local BOD reconsider NRA member ship. Eventually NRA will get the message.

Some of the stuff I have read about Marion Hammer undermining pro gun bills in Florida was cringe worthy as well.

No way man, she totally represents my interests in expanding the 2A.

hammerscammer.png

BANGOR, Maine (AP) — A Maine man is crossing swords with the National Rifle Association over unwanted phone calls.

Travis McBride, of Casco, contends the NRA has used an automatic dialing system to place calls to people including those who placed their phone numbers on the federal Do Not Call Registry.

In his lawsuit, McEvan contends he received multiple calls per week and the calls continued even after he told them he did not want to purchase an NRA membership and did not want them to call him, the complaint says.

People across the country allegedly received similar calls, the Bangor Daily News reports. Neither the NRA nor the marketing firm immediately returned requests for comment, the newspaper said.

The lawsuit claims the NRA and InfoCision violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. The law “gives consumers the right to be left alone by telemarketers unless they get permission first,” McEwen’s attorney, Kim Stephens of Washington, said. “In its all-consuming desire to refill its coffers, the NRA has brazenly violated that right.”

With the NRA.......the same toxic shit has been at the helm for what?!? 30 years now? And the general membership doesn't get to vote on who leads it...the board members do and they know not to cross WLP. The only way to effect change in the NRA is with our wallets. Keep em closed and there will be change. Keep paying and the croney board members will keep him in there.
This is the members fault. The NRA sends out the ballot with instructions on who to vote for and a majority of members always do the sheep thing.

Every board member knows that their re-election depends on the old guard granting those three words without with election is impossible - "Nominating committee endorsed"

1601925503152.png

The longtime head of the National Rifle Association is allegedly under investigation by the Internal Revenue Service for possible tax fraud, according to reports.

Wayne LaPierre, the CEO of the NRA, is having his personal finances probed by the IRS, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Mr LaPierre was paid $2.2m by the NRA in 2018 and in August was charged in a civil suit by the state of New York of taking millions of dollars of unclaimed compensation from the NRA and vendors.

An attorney for Mr. LaPierre had no immediate comment, the Wall Street Journal reported.

New York State Attorney General Letitia James says these benefits included exotic vacations, free yacht trips and private jet rides for his family.

“The NRA is not aware of any IRS inquiry but, of course, will fully cooperate with any appropriate requests for assistance,” said William A Brewer III, a lawyer for the gun rights group.

Mr LaPierre, 70, has run the NRA for nearly 30 years and shaped it into a powerful second amendment lobbying group.

Accusations about Mr LaPierre’s expenses began to emerge in 2019 with leaked documents showing he charged $540,000 on clothing at a store in Beverly Hills, California, to the group’s advertising firm.

He also sent them the bill for trips to Europe and the Bahamas.

The NRA has said that the clothing and travel were legitimate business expenses.

Mr LaPierre has testified in the New York case that he did not disclose trips on luxury yachts or private jet use for security reasons.

Last edited:

View attachment 396732

The longtime head of the National Rifle Association is allegedly under investigation by the Internal Revenue Service for possible tax fraud, according to reports.

Wayne LaPierre, the CEO of the NRA, is having his personal finances probed by the IRS, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Mr LaPierre was paid $2.2m by the NRA in 2018 and in August was charged in a civil suit by the state of New York of taking millions of dollars of unclaimed compensation from the NRA and vendors.

An attorney for Mr. LaPierre had no immediate comment, the Wall Street Journal reported.

New York State Attorney General Letitia James says these benefits included exotic vacations, free yacht trips and private jet rides for his family.

“The NRA is not aware of any IRS inquiry but, of course, will fully cooperate with any appropriate requests for assistance,” said William A Brewer III, a lawyer for the gun rights group.

Mr LaPierre, 70, has run the NRA for nearly 30 years and shaped it into a powerful second amendment lobbying group.

Accusations about Mr LaPierre’s expenses began to emerge in 2019 with leaked documents showing he charged $540,000 on clothing at a store in Beverly Hills, California, to the group’s advertising firm.

He also sent them the bill for trips to Europe and the Bahamas.

The NRA has said that the clothing and travel were legitimate business expenses.

Mr LaPierre has testified in the New York case that he did not disclose trips on luxury yachts or private jet use for security reasons.

A damn shame that this honorable organization went down this path.

A more of a damn shame that BOD is keeping him on. They should have shown him the damn door.

I think what you're looking at there is a Wayne's network of cronies doing what a network of cronies does. Not everybody is on the inside, of course, but those on the outside haven't been able to penetrate Wayne's defenses. I call Wayne a squatter. He came in, took over, and did what it took to make sure he could never be ousted. Well, maybe he can be indicted. Here's hoping.

If you want to let them know how you feel at their expense, here's some postage paid envelopes:

Attachments

• FU_NRA_envelope.pdf
    23.1 KB · Views: 27
  • FU_NRA_envelope2.pdf
    39.1 KB · Views: 12
Be careful what you wish for. She's made it clear that her target is no LaPierre, it's the NRA as an organization. She wants the NRA dissolved and it's assets forfeited to the NYS AG. She'll use it as an anti 2A slush fund and give it to other Commie front groups.

I think that there are more than a few NESers who would be okay with that.

Back
Top Bottom