• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral megathread, Update post 567 NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

Clubs that require it usually get their insurance through the NRA.
NRA insurance (last I checked) required 50% NRA membership. It was also mediocre because the price point had to support both insurance and a kickback to the NRA from each policy written.

For example, when I checked anything involving a firearm inside a vehicle or sexual abuse claim was specifically excluded.

NRA insurance (last I checked) required 50% NRA membership. It was also mediocre because the price point had to support both insurance and a kickback to the NRA from each policy written.

For example, when I checked anything involving a firearm inside a vehicle or sexual abuse claim was specifically excluded.
🤷‍♂️

The last club I joined that required it told me that was why. I don't shoot at clubs anymore so I don't really care.

It pisses me off that some clubs require NRA membership, I don’t want to fund those Aholes...I’d rather give to Goal or Saf..or anyone else for that matter..
Some will accept GOAL or Comm2A or similar in place. Maybe ask your club's board if they'll let you?

Clubs that require it usually get their insurance through the NRA.
This

It's true that it's a terrible deal. And some clubs are convinced there's no other option, so they take the bad deal.

Maybe what we need to do is to get some of the other insurers that cover clubs in the area to start reaching out to all those places that still use the NRA offering. That might finally be the leverage the NRA needs to see...

🤷‍♂️

The last club I joined that required it told me that was why. I don't shoot at clubs anymore so I don't really care.
You're both right.

By requiring membership, they ensure the 50% minimum while treating everyone equally. If only it wasn't such a raw deal for everyone but Wayne-o

Back
Top Bottom