NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral megathread, Update post 567 NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

#1 reason I let my NRA membership lapse was Wayne LaPierre. From day one I thought he was slimy as hell, and his behavior through the years has supported my suspicions. This article confirms it beyond doubt. Not sure the Knox's are the right choice, but clearly the NRA needs to clean house and I sincerely hope they get it done. Not only has the incestuous relationship with Ack-Mac burned through millions upon millions of NRA funds, that is the reason our mailboxes have been buried in their crap.

Glad to rejoin once they clean house, but not holding my breath.

Not surprised... most large organizations end up with some form of corruption. I’m a life member and I’m glad I am... I’m not giving them extra money though.

I’m directing my donations to Comm2A, Goal, GOA and SAF now.

NRA Life Member, Benefactor. . . . We are the NRA and we have the right to vote out the wrong people. Let's educate ourselves and work on that before jumping to conclusions. See Greg's post above. "Let's not eat our own.."

With those pre printed ballots with “recommended” choices for the lock step fudds to follow that is quite the uphill battle you plan to wage....

Not surprised... most large organizations end up with some form of corruption. I’m a life member and I’m glad I am... I’m not giving them extra money though.

I’m directing my donations to Comm2A, Goal, GOA and SAF now.
Let me get this straight......corruption = ok.... cuz big?

Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I can't decry the NRA because of the momentum they have in fund-raising, membership, and brand recognition (the anti-gunners hate them).

However, I wish there was less chest-thumping and more quiet confidence in making the rational argument that the NRA and it's members are simply for the Constitution, find any and all gun control laws "infringements" on Citizens as protected by the Constitution, and will fight with all legal means any infringements as defined in said document, or attempts to modify it to allow them.

They should make Bloomberg's Mad Moms look like the crazy ones, instead of the other way around. That probably means new leadership (John Lott for instance).

figured out the massive wast of funds in the 80's it ti the chief reason why GOAL should not have given recently the 60k to the NRA for stepping in and doing what they are suppose to do for local organizations .

No one should be happy about this. The facts suggests there was much abuse and lack of discretion for funds in the NRA. However, this is what we have.
NRA has done some good things, and if they just disappear one day we will all be worse off.

Let's all get behind the reform of this ~150 year old organization and work to refocus it on what matters.
Without a nationwide organization representing 2A and fighting the media we may lose everything we have fought for, and gained, over the last 20 years.

One thing is clear as day: All those wasteful mailers and end of freedom phone calls AFTER plucking your tree of fruit was not to actually get more of your money. It was just to spend it...

One thing is clear as day: All those wasteful mailers and end of freedom phone calls AFTER plucking your tree of fruit was not to actually get more of your money. It was just to spend it...
I've been averaging 2 or 3 of those mailers asking me to renew my membership
a week for like 2 years......and I've been a member the whole time.

Last edited:
Ok all u NRA shills, let’s see your outrage! Fire away!!!!
I can see them already.....

NRA life member here.......yeah this is not good.... but you whippersnappers need to understand the NRA is all we have! these things are bound to happen in big organizations.

Steps away from the computer....

Straightens benefactor NRA hat and heads to the gun safe to take out the old Winchester model 70 for some cuddle time.

Last edited:

I was a member for a little while, stopped a few years ago. They must call me 1-3X a day 3-4 times a week

Ugh. Clean this mess up.
Letting the NRA fail in hopes that something better takes its place is a pipe dream.

Wayne feels like a cheap used car salesman. Send him and the cronies packing.
There is something better, it’s called The GOA. And yes, they do need to do some major spring cleaning

No one should be happy about this. The facts suggests there was much abuse and lack of discretion for funds in the NRA. However, this is what we have.
NRA has done some good things, and if they just disappear one day we will all be worse off.

Let's all get behind the reform of this ~150 year old organization and work to refocus it on what matters.
Without a nationwide organization representing 2A and fighting the media we may lose everything we have fought for, and gained, over the last 20 years.

Hopefully the NRA’s Board of Directors will hear your cry.....

How do we do that? Serious question.

I don't have any good answers for you there. The only way I know of is to vote in people who can and actually want to do something to right the ship. I think this requires time for the old Fudds who keep voting for people like Marion Hammer to just die off.

Back
Top Bottom