• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral megathread, Update post 567 NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

The NRA v Ackerman slap fight continues. The amended lawsuit shows that NRA executives found NRATV content "distasteful and racist", that AMc willfully inflated viewership statistics, and that no sponsors or viewers called to complain when they cancelled the program.

Couldn't happen to nicer folks.

NRA Officials Found NRATV Messaging to Be ‘Distasteful and Racist’: Lawsuit
I saw some NRA commercial with Dana Loesch that scripted like some sort of fascist propaganda from The Hunger Games pre-war Italy or something.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=169zQ1g-Ul0

"clenched fist of truth", right.

The NRA v Ackerman slap fight continues. The amended lawsuit shows that NRA executives found NRATV content "distasteful and racist", that AMc willfully inflated viewership statistics, and that no sponsors or viewers called to complain when they cancelled the program.

Couldn't happen to nicer folks.

NRA Officials Found NRATV Messaging to Be ‘Distasteful and Racist’: Lawsuit
Thats cute -- "the NRA" and Ack-Mac pretending to fight while Lapierre keeps all the money.

NRA Board of Directors Exodus Accelerates...

Exodus started years ago...

af1434951d345ba752ae82801ed545e6.jpg

"Let My Gun-Owners Go!"...
c17efd039e18560968575f537ec1b623.jpg

Stopped supporting the NRA when they changed their rules to keep Antonia Okafor off the ballot. Now she's with the GOA.

I am 100% behind Jim's candidacy. How can we support him?

Wayne LaPierre, the embattled chief executive of the National Rifle Association, banked a 57 percent pay hike last year — amid the din of calls for him to retire, a report said.
The nonprofit group’s latest tax filings show LaPierre received a base salary of $1.3 million, plus a bonus of $455,000 and “other reportable compensation” of more than $427,000, The Washington Post reported Friday.
LaPierre, 70, also received an additional $73,793 in “retirement and other deferred compensation” and “nontaxable benefits” from the NRA and related entities, according to the filings.
LaPierre’s pay increase was revealed at a time when the gun-rights group is facing increased scrutiny for a variety of financial dealings, including accusations it made unapproved payments of over a half-million dollars to celebrity board members Tom Selleck and Ted Nugent.
The New York Department of Financial Services is investigating the NRA for its role in offering now-banned insurance products for gun owners in the state — and earning at least $14 million in the process.
In addition, the group is in a legal dispute with its former president, Oliver North, who stepped down in April amid a financial scandal that led to its break with a longtime public relations firm, Ackerman McQueen, which operated NRATV.
The organization is also under pressure to explain large payments to top executives, even as it has cut spending on firearms training and political activities and frozen pension benefits for employees.

Isn't it obvious? LaPierre is a squatter. He and his cronies are occupying the NRA, bleeding every last dollar they can from it, because they care about nothing but themselves. Every time they try to convince me otherwise, it turns out something they've done proves it was all a lie, not that I believed the stories they tell about themselves to begin with.

Wayne LaPierre, the embattled chief executive of the National Rifle Association, banked a 57 percent pay hike last year — amid the din of calls for him to retire, a report said.
The nonprofit group’s latest tax filings show LaPierre received a base salary of $1.3 million, plus a bonus of $455,000 and “other reportable compensation” of more than $427,000, The Washington Post reported Friday.
LaPierre, 70, also received an additional $73,793 in “retirement and other deferred compensation” and “nontaxable benefits” from the NRA and related entities, according to the filings.
LaPierre’s pay increase was revealed at a time when the gun-rights group is facing increased scrutiny for a variety of financial dealings, including accusations it made unapproved payments of over a half-million dollars to celebrity board members Tom Selleck and Ted Nugent.
The New York Department of Financial Services is investigating the NRA for its role in offering now-banned insurance products for gun owners in the state — and earning at least $14 million in the process.
In addition, the group is in a legal dispute with its former president, Oliver North, who stepped down in April amid a financial scandal that led to its break with a longtime public relations firm, Ackerman McQueen, which operated NRATV.
The organization is also under pressure to explain large payments to top executives, even as it has cut spending on firearms training and political activities and frozen pension benefits for employees.

I'll just leave this here, with the comments that in 2018:

Wayne LaPierre: $2,150,634
Eric Frohardt, Director of Training was paid: $525,745
Chris Cox, ILA Executive Director was paid: $1,285,318
Oliver North, President was paid: $1,377,617
Robert K. Weaver, Fmr Director, General Operations was paid: $720,000
Joshua Powell, Chief of Staff was paid: $844,137

This is a scam and is OBSCENE!!! NRA is a non-profit not a Fortune 500. Read the attached return and decide for yourself!

The 2018 return for Gun Owners or America is not yet out but if you look at the 2017 return you will see the more modest salaries. I doubt GOA staff received raises for 2018.

Attachments

• NRA990-2018.pdf
    12.2 MB · Views: 6
  • goa990-2017.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
I'll just leave this here, with the comments that in 2018:

Wayne LaPierre: $2,150,634
Eric Frohardt, Director of Training was paid: $525,745
Chris Cox, ILA Executive Director was paid: $1,285,318
Oliver North, President was paid: $1,377,617
Robert K. Weaver, Fmr Director, General Operations was paid: $720,000
Joshua Powell, Chief of Staff was paid: $844,137

This is a scam and is OBSCENE!!! NRA is a non-profit not a Fortune 500. Read the attached return and decide for yourself!

The 2018 return for Gun Owners or America is not yet out but if you look at the 2017 return you will see the more modest salaries. I doubt GOA staff received raises for 2018.

$2M is obscene for a nonprofit, not to mention all the other perks and spending for that douche. 57% raise? Not sure there is a word for that. I do care for the NRA's mission and generally what it represents, but will not support it while held hostage by such a sleaze ball. Glad to rejoin as soon as they clean house, without installing a Wayne 2.0 of course.

My opinion of the inner workings of the NRA has faltered recently, and $45/year?????, but at the end of the day they are doing necessary work without which some of the Supreme Court cases may never have been heard. Their education and lobbying are important.

When I rejoined last week (also because my club requires it NOT THAT I WANTED TO) (there's enough rats trying to take my money in the form of the state legislator) right away they started with the fight in Virginia and the money they needed for that. I just politely stated that mass is a lost cause and I just wanted to rejoin my club.

Ask to be point on their do not promote/do not solicit list with your member id# on their member services phone number or email address and they will stop the fundraising calls/junk mail.
GOA is getting to be just as bad with the junk mailings.

Back
Top Bottom