1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral, Post 357 NRA Board of Directors Exodus Accelerates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeyp, Apr 21, 2019.

1. whacko

whacko

Well now you know.

2. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Ask the Dems, they will tell you when your spending other peoples money, the sky is the limit.

Gak44 likes this.
  3. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Now that the cat is out of the bag, there must be some sweating going on.
    They have to know that they are one mis-step away from lowering the lifeboats.
    The question at this point is will Wayne step aside for the good of the organization or will his ego make him ride it to the ground like Slim Pickens on a nuclear bomb ?
    Personally I think he'll see it all burn before he gives it up.
    Which makes him a dangerous man.

M60, 10thSFFD, BarnBuilder and 2 others like this.
  4. citoriguy

citoriguy NES Member

I wouldn’t kick her out of bed for leaving crumbs on there.

5. VetteGirlMA

VetteGirlMA NES Member

Great analogy. Someone should be able to paste his face on the video heading towards the NRA headquarters:

6. boilermaker

boilermaker NES Member

I think the only way Wayne leaves is if he bought out in some way. I think that guy is only motivated by money and he needs a way to maintain the lifestyle to which he has grown accustomed.

M1911 likes this.
  7. FPrice

FPrice Retired Zoomie NES Life Member NES Member

For those who do not subscribe to The Patriot Post, this appeared today:

"ALEXANDER'S COLUMN
    The Second Amendment v NRA Fratricidal Fire

"The NRA must get its act together quickly [and] stop the internal fighting." —Donald Trump"

The Second Amendment v NRA Fratricidal Fire

8. MassPete

MassPete NES Member

[​IMG]

Dear NRA Instructor,

As many of you may know, we have been evaluating if our investment in NRATV is generating the benefits needed. This consideration included the return on investment and the cost and the direction of the content. Many members expressed concern about the messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment.

So, after careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy. We are no longer airing “live TV” programming. Whether and when we return to “live” programming is a subject of ongoing analysis.

The NRA will continue and improve our service on social media channels and our flagship website, www.nra.org – your trusted resource of information. Our many web sites will continue to showcase new and archived videos, as we reorganize much of this information in a way that better serves our key audiences.

What necessitated the change now is our conclusion that our longtime advertising firm and website vendor failed to deliver upon many contractual obligations it made to our Association. The NRA will always hold our vendors to high standards and ask that they maximize their value to the Association. No exceptions.

Looking ahead, you can expect great things from your NRA. We will energize our messaging strategy, become more cost efficient, and promote the NRA’s singular focus like never before. Simply put, our messaging strategy will advance the NRA’s core mission: to serve our members and fight for our Second Amendment.

– Wayne

National Rifle Association of America • 11250 Waples Mill Rd • Fairfax, VA. 22030

Please do not reply to this e-mail.
    Unsubscribe from this email list | Manage your email lists | Contact Us
    Thank you

Beretta92FS likes this.
  9. meh

meh NES Member

I agree with both the president and Mark, but where Mark implies, I will be direct. The NRA will be in a death spiral as long as La Pierre remains at the helm. The reason we're in this state is because he's made it all about him, all of it, and it's not supposed to be about him, any of it.

drgrant, M1911, xtry51 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Beretta92FS

Beretta92FS NES Member

No Wayne, under your leadership, the NRA's core mission is not defending the 2nd amendment. The core mission is buying expensive designer suits, flying around the world in private jets, hiring cute interns, banning bump stocks, and soon banning suppressors. Go to hell!

Wayne LaPierre: Ask not what the NRA can do for you, but what you can do for the NRA! Oh, by the way, I need a new designer suit; the current suit I have is just an empty suit, so keep those donations flowing!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  11. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Nailed it.

12. JJ4

JJ4 NES Member

Do I have this straight:

• NRA is cutting off AckMac from any more NRAtv productions.
    • Coloin Noir, Dana Loesch, etc are AckMac employees for NRAtv.
    • Therefore, Noir and Loesch are no longer affiliated with NRA at all.

Seems like this is a big deal but doesn't seem to have been explicitly stated.

13. upcountry

upcountry NES Member

When I received the NRA Instructors email posted above, I noticed on the bottom it read "do not respond to this email".
    Of course I wanted to with "Just say good-bye, Wayne". Wonder what such a response would mean to them, especially if they were flooded with them.

14. citoriguy

citoriguy NES Member

Funny story - I forget what site it was, but I was unsubscribing from something or another every other week. One day I snapped, sent a sternly worded, but profanity-laced tirade and actually received an apologetic email and have never received an email from them since.

15. Hardwired

Hardwired NES Member

Really bad. Members are now left with Wayne to counter the likes of David Hogg and entourage in the next 2A crisis.

If you call and cancel your life membership to Wayne , can you get your money back at least prorated?

16. Beretta92FS

Beretta92FS NES Member

You don't get anything prorated back, unfortunately. And they don't take cancellations over the phone, you must write a physical letter to their Director of Membership. The address is:

National Rifle Association
    ATTN: Director of Membership
    11250 Waples Mill Rd.
    Fairfax, VA 22030

I cancelled when they supported the bump stock ban, this is what I wrote back then:

Please cancel my NRA membership and all associated subscriptions, effective immediately. My Member ID is XXXXXX.

In light of NRA’s statements regarding bump stocks, it is obvious that the NRA is overly eager to surrender any firearms rights and it is clear that the NRA would gladly support legislation or regulations that would further infringe upon the 2nd amendment.

While I personally have no interest in any bump stocks or similar devices, I feel the NRA does not represent me when it comes to strictly upholding all gun rights in America. As a resident of Massachusetts, the gun rights in my state is constantly under attack, and it is extremely disappointing to see the NRA indicating support for further restrictions on the Federal level.

Please do not send me any promotional materials either by email or post, and please remove my phone number from all your call lists.

17. whacko

whacko

Next time you get a mailer with a return postage envelope asking for money you should insert a letter asking that very question.

JayMcB likes this.
  18. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

You know it's bad when Trump is telling you to knock off the wacky stuff. LOL

19. jpk

jpk

Or send them a copy of the cashed check you sent to GOA/NHFC instead of NRA douchenozzles....that will make a bigger point

20. xtry51

xtry51

The NRA dissolving would not be bad. I argue SAF and others will do better because of increased donations and the liberals would lose their precious NRA IS THE DEVIL bash they abuse some much.

drgrant, KBCraig and jpk like this.
  21. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

Top Grass Roots Activist & NRA-BOD Blocked From NRA-ILA Grassroots Committee!?

Top Grass Roots Activist & NRA-BOD Blocked From NRA-ILA Grassroots Committee!?

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- What follows is a letter from National Rifle Association Board of director, Sean Maloney, to NRA President Carolyn D. Meadows questioning the logic behind failing to reappoint Mr Maloney who is one of NRA's top grassroots activists from of all things the, NRA-ILA Grassroots Committee!

In recent weeks we have heard that multiple NRA Board members that had the gall to question Wayne LaPierre's leadership have been removed or not reappointed to their previous committees.

All in what seems to be retribution for daring to question the leadership and employees over, lavish spending and financial unaccountability. AmmoLand News predicts that the same board members will not get the approval from the NRA Board Nomination Committee when it comes time to for them to run for re-election as their terms expire. Forcing them to run by petition or drop out. All in an effort to remove any board member that dares to question the board's own employee, Wayne LaPierre.

God help us if the NRA-Board does not grow a pair and step in to save our NRA.

Sean Maloney's Letter to NRA President Caroline Meadows RE; 2019 Committee Assignments

(I looked through the code for the inserted letter but haven't found it to copy and paste, so go to the link and read it lol)

22. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

We need a strong NRA. IF Wayne really cared about the 2nd he would realize his time to go has come and he would step aside so that another can carry the torch. But he would rather see it burn out than pass it and because of that the NRA, and our rights with it, are in real danger.

Garys likes this.
  23. Lowbird

Lowbird NES Member

I do agree.....
    Although if the NRA is no longer the scapegoat for everything that is wrong. What's next? Plus the left will NEVER shut up about killing the NRA. It'll be a rally cry. "WE SAVED THE CHILDREN, THE NRA IS GONE!"

Even though it was a doomed for a few decades before.

So on the flip side it could be good for the liberal masses. They still raise shitbags who now then stab, maim, blow up schools. Cause the NRA won't be selling kids guns on the streets. Maybe they'll learn then?

24. 67ray

67ray NES Member

Don't count on it. Without the lobbying force the NRA is, there will be no defenses against a crazy Congress. Love SAF & GOA but let's be serious they are no where no how anything near the potency of the NRA. That force, those relationships take years to build and will take years to recreate if the NRA crumbles. This is really bad and needs to get corrected pronto

25. Waher

Waher NES Member

Wayne has gone full Hitler in the bunker.

26. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

I send back any prepaid envelopes with a ‘get rid of that crook LaPierre’ on it in Sharpie

milktree, drgrant and rickflst like this.
  27. whacko

whacko

If Wayne would step down......we could have the NRA we want and need. I'm not in favor of the NRA burning to the ground....but Wayne is what's causing the crash and burn.

amm5061, drgrant and citoriguy like this.
  28. Gaffer

Gaffer

If you look carefully at the Rifleman magazine page that carries lists the current board of directors it tells you how to contact the board. One noted address is [email protected]. I use it to send an email to all of the directors at once. If all of us who see the handwriting on the wall and feel that La Pierre should step down for the good of the organization I would think the board would think seriously about what it needs to do.

29. Greg

Greg

Liberals getting rid of the NRA would be like Conservatives getting rid of the Open Society Foundation and watching Soros go bankrupt.

30. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

I thought they stopped using prepaid envelopes 20 years ago, for the same reason AARP did: they got tired of paying for bricks being mailed back to them.