NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral megathread, Update post 567 NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

mail

...our core mission: defending the Second Amendment.

– Wayne

No Wayne, under your leadership, the NRA's core mission is not defending the 2nd amendment. The core mission is buying expensive designer suits, flying around the world in private jets, hiring cute interns, banning bump stocks, and soon banning suppressors. Go to hell!

Wayne LaPierre: Ask not what the NRA can do for you, but what you can do for the NRA! Oh, by the way, I need a new designer suit; the current suit I have is just an empty suit, so keep those donations flowing!

Last edited:
I agree with both the president and Mark, but where Mark implies, I will be direct. The NRA will be in a death spiral as long as La Pierre remains at the helm. The reason we're in this state is because he's made it all about him, all of it, and it's not supposed to be about him, any of it.
Nailed it.

Do I have this straight:

• NRA is cutting off AckMac from any more NRAtv productions.
  • Coloin Noir, Dana Loesch, etc are AckMac employees for NRAtv.
  • Therefore, Noir and Loesch are no longer affiliated with NRA at all.

Seems like this is a big deal but doesn't seem to have been explicitly stated.

When I received the NRA Instructors email posted above, I noticed on the bottom it read "do not respond to this email".
Of course I wanted to with "Just say good-bye, Wayne". Wonder what such a response would mean to them, especially if they were flooded with them.

When I received the NRA Instructors email posted above, I noticed on the bottom it read "do not respond to this email".
Of course I wanted to with "Just say good-bye, Wayne". Wonder what such a response would mean to them, especially if they were flooded with them.

Funny story - I forget what site it was, but I was unsubscribing from something or another every other week. One day I snapped, sent a sternly worded, but profanity-laced tirade and actually received an apologetic email and have never received an email from them since.

Do I have this straight:

• NRA is cutting off AckMac from any more NRAtv productions.
  • Coloin Noir, Dana Loesch, etc are AckMac employees for NRAtv.
  • Therefore, Noir and Loesch are no longer affiliated with NRA at all.

Seems like this is a big deal but doesn't seem to have been explicitly stated.

Really bad. Members are now left with Wayne to counter the likes of David Hogg and entourage in the next 2A crisis.

If you call and cancel your life membership to Wayne , can you get your money back at least prorated?

If you call and cancel your life membership to Wayne , can you get your money back at least prorated?

You don't get anything prorated back, unfortunately. And they don't take cancellations over the phone, you must write a physical letter to their Director of Membership. The address is:

National Rifle Association
ATTN: Director of Membership
11250 Waples Mill Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22030

I cancelled when they supported the bump stock ban, this is what I wrote back then:

Please cancel my NRA membership and all associated subscriptions, effective immediately. My Member ID is XXXXXX.

In light of NRA’s statements regarding bump stocks, it is obvious that the NRA is overly eager to surrender any firearms rights and it is clear that the NRA would gladly support legislation or regulations that would further infringe upon the 2nd amendment.

While I personally have no interest in any bump stocks or similar devices, I feel the NRA does not represent me when it comes to strictly upholding all gun rights in America. As a resident of Massachusetts, the gun rights in my state is constantly under attack, and it is extremely disappointing to see the NRA indicating support for further restrictions on the Federal level.

Please do not send me any promotional materials either by email or post, and please remove my phone number from all your call lists.

Really bad. Members are now left with Wayne to counter the likes of David Hogg and entourage in the next 2A crisis.

Next time you get a mailer with a return postage envelope asking for money you should insert a letter asking that very question.

For those who do not subscribe to The Patriot Post, this appeared today:

"ALEXANDER'S COLUMN
The Second Amendment v NRA Fratricidal Fire

"The NRA must get its act together quickly [and] stop the internal fighting." —Donald Trump"

The Second Amendment v NRA Fratricidal Fire

You know it's bad when Trump is telling you to knock off the wacky stuff. LOL

Top Grass Roots Activist & NRA-BOD Blocked From NRA-ILA Grassroots Committee!?

Top Grass Roots Activist & NRA-BOD Blocked From NRA-ILA Grassroots Committee!?

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- What follows is a letter from National Rifle Association Board of director, Sean Maloney, to NRA President Carolyn D. Meadows questioning the logic behind failing to reappoint Mr Maloney who is one of NRA's top grassroots activists from of all things the, NRA-ILA Grassroots Committee!

In recent weeks we have heard that multiple NRA Board members that had the gall to question Wayne LaPierre's leadership have been removed or not reappointed to their previous committees.

All in what seems to be retribution for daring to question the leadership and employees over, lavish spending and financial unaccountability. AmmoLand News predicts that the same board members will not get the approval from the NRA Board Nomination Committee when it comes time to for them to run for re-election as their terms expire. Forcing them to run by petition or drop out. All in an effort to remove any board member that dares to question the board's own employee, Wayne LaPierre.

God help us if the NRA-Board does not grow a pair and step in to save our NRA.

Sean Maloney's Letter to NRA President Caroline Meadows RE; 2019 Committee Assignments

(I looked through the code for the inserted letter but haven't found it to copy and paste, so go to the link and read it lol)

We need a strong NRA. IF Wayne really cared about the 2nd he would realize his time to go has come and he would step aside so that another can carry the torch. But he would rather see it burn out than pass it and because of that the NRA, and our rights with it, are in real danger.

The NRA dissolving would not be bad. I argue SAF and others will do better because of increased donations and the liberals would lose their precious NRA IS THE DEVIL bash they abuse some much.

I do agree.....
Although if the NRA is no longer the scapegoat for everything that is wrong. What's next? Plus the left will NEVER shut up about killing the NRA. It'll be a rally cry. "WE SAVED THE CHILDREN, THE NRA IS GONE!"

Even though it was a doomed for a few decades before.

So on the flip side it could be good for the liberal masses. They still raise shitbags who now then stab, maim, blow up schools. Cause the NRA won't be selling kids guns on the streets. Maybe they'll learn then?

Don't count on it. Without the lobbying force the NRA is, there will be no defenses against a crazy Congress. Love SAF & GOA but let's be serious they are no where no how anything near the potency of the NRA. That force, those relationships take years to build and will take years to recreate if the NRA crumbles. This is really bad and needs to get corrected pronto

Don't count on it. Without the lobbying force the NRA is, there will be no defenses against a crazy Congress. Love SAF & GOA but let's be serious they are no where no how anything near the potency of the NRA. That force, those relationships take years to build and will take years to recreate if the NRA crumbles. This is really bad and needs to get corrected pronto
If Wayne would step down......we could have the NRA we want and need. I'm not in favor of the NRA burning to the ground....but Wayne is what's causing the crash and burn.

If you look carefully at the Rifleman magazine page that carries lists the current board of directors it tells you how to contact the board. One noted address is [email protected]. I use it to send an email to all of the directors at once. If all of us who see the handwriting on the wall and feel that La Pierre should step down for the good of the organization I would think the board would think seriously about what it needs to do.

I do agree.....
Although if the NRA is no longer the scapegoat for everything that is wrong. What's next? Plus the left will NEVER shut up about killing the NRA. It'll be a rally cry. "WE SAVED THE CHILDREN, THE NRA IS GONE!"

Even though it was a doomed for a few decades before.

So on the flip side it could be good for the liberal masses. They still raise shitbags who now then stab, maim, blow up schools. Cause the NRA won't be selling kids guns on the streets. Maybe they'll learn then?

Liberals getting rid of the NRA would be like Conservatives getting rid of the Open Society Foundation and watching Soros go bankrupt.

Don't count on it. Without the lobbying force the NRA is, there will be no defenses against a crazy Congress.

NRA lobbying is so great that during a stacked deck during at least two presidential terms we got ABSOLUTELY f***ING NOTHING out of it. [rofl] The only thing that ever got passed was the manuf protection bill. And most of the rest of the stuff (eg, ongoing budget hacks to keep congress spending money on anti BS) has been legacy stuff carried out by pro 2a congress types. The NRA might have had something to do with that... 30 years ago.

There is no "potency" with the NRA that you speak of and there hasn't been for years. That's why we're at this juncture. Nobody would care about LaPierre buying fancy suits and flying around on a jet if the org was effective. It clearly isn't.

-Mike

Liberals getting rid of the NRA would be like Conservatives getting rid of the Open Society Foundation and watching Soros go bankrupt.

Meh. One thing goes away another two or three replace it, etc. We throatpunched a bunch of anti orgs (for example, like the million mom march basically got turned into a rotting hulk) and Brady is like a burned out flophouse, the base of the old anti regime was practically in shambles and then Shitberg and others come out of the woodwork to take the "torch" for their BS and keep going. No reason that gun owners cannot do the same if this goes full retard. Actually IMHO it already had, back when the NRA was doing the "lets play patty cake with antis during town hall" thing after Parkland... when I heard about that I was like "are you shitting me? they think this is a good idea?" bwooong.... Maybe in whatever pheonix rises from the ashes of this BS will be stronger and better, anything is better than the NRA
setting cash on fire and effectively not doing much with it.

-Mike

If Wayne would step down......we could have the NRA we want and need. I'm not in favor of the NRA burning to the ground....but Wayne is what's causing the crash and burn.

The only chance for it to be saved is if he is gone. And even then with whoever the new guy/lady is, is going to have to actually not be a shithead, and do some serious house cleaning....

-Mike

It looks at this point like he's decided to go down in flames and take everyone with him.
If the guy had even an ounce of integrity he would have stepped down to save the organization .

If the NRA makes it to the next convention I don't know how Wayne is going to be able to walk on stage. The membership in attendance would be throwing shit at him and booing.

If the NRA makes it to the next convention I don't know how Wayne is going to be able to walk on stage. The membership in attendance would be throwing shit at him and booing.
I refer you to the RNC convention of 2012, in Tampa.

Those in charge silenced all opposition. They changed the rules on the fly, and ignored even those rules as it suited them. They kept the Ron Paul delegates on a bus circling the block until it was over.

Do you think any internal opposition within the NRA will be allowed to disrupt anything?

The only chance for it to be saved is if he is gone. And even then with whoever the new guy/lady is, is going to have to actually not be a shithead, and do some serious house cleaning....

-Mike
He should leave and enjoy his 1.5 mil a year retirement they voted in for him

Back
Top Bottom