NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral megathread, Update post 567 NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

This is the same reason why any service role (Elected official, public servant, 501c3 tip of the spear) should be a one-and-done-not-allowed to play the game again gig.

Heck. I honestly thing gigs like this should be friggan lotto system. Not votes. Lotto with the option of declining. All members get a stake in the draft.

An if you want to admit it or not just know that the whole country could potentially be disarmed by the tyrants if it weren't for the NRA.
Don't really care if you agree. Just know that it is true.
Remember folks...when you talk about eating our own, just know...Divided We Will Fall.

Maybe you haven't noticed but the whole country IS being disarmed. semi-auto bans, red flag laws, "might" issue regs, all under LaPierre's leadership. He did exhibit great leadership over the BOD when he managed to lock in a 1.4 mil guaranteed 'consulting' fee for life after he retires. NRA is no longer effective at lobbying for our interests and every dollar donated is going to LaPierre's cronies. We need to support new lobbying groups. We should start by having our local clubs remove NRA membership as a requirement for joining. I'd rather see my money go to GOAL.

Maybe you haven't noticed but the whole country IS being disarmed. semi-auto bans, red flag laws, "might" issue regs, all under LaPierre's leadership. He did exhibit great leadership over the BOD when he managed to lock in a 1.4 mil guaranteed 'consulting' fee for life after he retires. NRA is no longer effective at lobbying for our interests and every dollar donated is going to LaPierre's cronies. We need to support new lobbying groups. We should start by having our local clubs remove NRA membership as a requirement for joining. I'd rather see my money go to GOAL.

Oh, I have noticed. I do think with the current leadership the NRA has lost some of its affective. Still they are the most powerful gun lobby organization we have. I belong to two clubs and neither has an NRA requirement to join. Or at least they didn't when I joined....We do need fresh ideas and new strategies though....

All the while SAF continues to chip away with judicial/legal victories.......

If you want to talk about bang for your buck then you need to support groups like SAF

Can you tell me what SAF has done for Massachusetts?

The NRA may be mismanaged. But it is the only organization that the politicians target. That means it is the only pro gun rights organization that they actually fear.
In fact until recently I never really heard of GOA.

So realistically, you can hate on the NRA all you want. But it would be better the get the organization respectable again.

An if you want to admit it or not just know that the whole country could potentially be disarmed by the tyrants if it weren't for the NRA.

Don't really care if you agree. Just know that it is true.

Remember folks...when you talk about eating our own, just know...Divided We Will Fall.

It's not the NRA everyone is hating on.
Wayne, Cox and crazy cat lady Hammer are a cancer on the organization.
I'm a 40+ year member and haven't cancelled yet.
The bump stock thing pissed me off .
The red flag thing is the straw that broke the camel's back.
This one is going to make whatever came before it look like a walk in the park.
They gotta go.

Ollie North and Ackerman-McQueen were supposed to produce and deliver a series of 12 "American Heroes" TV episodes and only made three or four. There's a lot of evidence that Ack-Mac was over-billing NRA for millions, and nobody at NRA was auditing their bills, or anyone who squawked was hushed up or fired because of the cozy relationships between Ack-Mac and certain higher-ups at NRA. As the EXECUTIVE vice president, LaPierre has a fiduciary duty to watch over the org's money, which he apparently failed to do. He also green-lighted a bunch of bad projects like the multi-million dollar hunting show "Under Wild Skies" and the Carry Guard insurance fiasco, where they've spent $30 million in legal fees fighting Andrew "Corleone" Cuomo and the state of New York. They all need to hand over the keys and go away before there's nothing left.

Ollie North and Ackerman-McQueen were supposed to produce and deliver a series of 12 "American Heroes" TV episodes and only made three or four. There's a lot of evidence that Ack-Mac was over-billing NRA for millions, and nobody at NRA was auditing their bills, or anyone who squawked was hushed up or fired because of the cozy relationships between Ack-Mac and certain higher-ups at NRA. As the EXECUTIVE vice president, LaPierre has a fiduciary duty to watch over the org's money, which he apparently failed to do. He also green-lighted a bunch of bad projects like the multi-million dollar hunting show "Under Wild Skies" and the Carry Guard insurance fiasco, where they've spent $30 million in legal fees fighting Andrew "Corleone" Cuomo and the state of New York. They all need to hand over the keys and go away before there's nothing left.
All truth.

If true, losing your top two guys as the State of NY AG's office begins an investigation into your tax status does not bode well. I have no confidence in any of the BOD members, as it appears they were just trying to work out their own sweetheart deals on the side and saw the organization more as a cash machine than working to protect rights of citizens.

Get some real pit bulls in place and they might go after some of the egregious stuff in states they have ignored to prevent the same in others.

I’m hoping compromise will mean, no bump stocks fine - reopen the ATF window on machine guns.

The NRA signed off on the NFA... Been folding on everything since... Yeah. Let em burn. That way, when they implode, all the former nra members will flock over to GOA. Maybe Erich Pratt over there will offer existing NRA life members who aren't already GOA members honorary GOA life memberships or something. GOA is solid and would never have supported the disasterous compromises NRA has supported for the better part of a century. You want a gun lobby that'll make the politicians shit themselves with fear? You got it in GOA with the NRA out of the way and all (or most of) its members on board.

I get his position, but if you're going to put together a letter like that and want it to be effective, how about a little spell check and self-review before sending it out? Insider trading? No - the retirement thing isn't insider trading. Call it "self-dealing" or "unethical." It’s pretty hard to take you seriously when you butcher the English language.

But, I do get where he was trying to go with it.

Last edited:
Isn't there some rigging problem with the NRA BOD elections though? Like to even be eligible to be on the ballot, you have to pass through a lower level layer of
bullshit?
Does that relate to the changes that were put in place during the big leadership change in 1977 (presumably the new guard wanted to change things to make it harder to do to them what they did to previous leadership)?

Back
Top Bottom