NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral megathread, Update post 567 NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

Not sure about that. I've decided to dedicate an hour or two today to researching the nra elections. This article is fantastic. Voters are allowed to vote for up to 27 candidates but can vote for as few as 1 if they choose. When you vote for the nuge.....and olie your reducing the chances of the new blood winning a seat cuz everyone votes for them! Ammoland recommends that to make changes....vote only for 1 new comer and they even make recommendations.

I think I have one more year before I can vote.......let a year lapse I think 4 years ago.

Knox: My Voting Picks for the 2019 NRA Board of Directors

Yeah, it's the weirdest voting system. I'm also about a year or two away from getting my vote back. I let mine lapse for awhile as well.

I saw a big push for bullet voting for Adam Kraut last go around, but it looked like the NRA managed to fend him off again.

Now we know why the NRA seemed to act against our interests in many recent instances by going along our failing to opposed anti gun legislation.

Adam would make a fine candidate for the NRA B.O.D. This is all about a pissing contest with Hammer and Adam over Hammer's wanting the NRA nomination committee always having firm control over who gets hand picked versus who can petition their way on the ballot. Some worry that anti-gunners could gain enough sigs to get on the ballot. I'm not saying that will happen but there is real paranoia in the NRA. You see the anti-hunters for example getting themselves onto many states fish and game boards. The NRA doesn't want that happening in the NRA. Again, not saying I agree with it. I have told the NRA Adam should be nominated hands down but who the hell am I, a nobody. Adam actually got real close the last election, real close.

Adam would make a fine candidate for the NRA B.O.D. This is all about a pissing contest with Hammer and Adam over Hammer's wanting the NRA nomination committee always having firm control over who gets hand picked versus who can petition their way on the ballot. Some worry that anti-gunners could gain enough sigs to get on the ballot. I'm not saying that will happen but there is real paranoia in the NRA. You see the anti-hunters for example getting themselves onto many states fish and game boards. The NRA doesn't want that happening in the NRA. Again, not saying I agree with it. I have told the NRA Adam should be nominated hands down but who the hell am I, a nobody. Adam actually got real close the last election, real close.
From my research today it's definitely apparent that the elections are set up so that the incumbents stay on the board forever. This thread has got my attention and got me doing some research.

Even if Adam Kraut were got elected to the NRA Board, he will quickly be marginalized.

There are 76 directors, that means to effect meaningful change, 50% + 1 is needed or 38 directors. I doubt there are 38 directors who care about anything more than putting NRA Board Member on their resumes. They do very little directing and largely go along to get along.

Look at the board makeup -- celebrities, tax protestors, religious zealots, anti gay activists and many other political types who put other interests ahead of the Second Amendment. They just don't care enough. Many folks get all wound up and cheer on CPAC. LaPierre goes to that even and speaks. But look at CPAC. They talk about the Second Amendment but have the conference in anti-gun Maryland where few people can legally carry concealed. If these "conservatives" really cared about the Second Amendment and wanted to hold a conference near Washington DC they would hold it somewhere in Northern Virginia because Virginia honors any valid out of state license. The Second Amendment is not second or even third or fourth for these people, it is way down on the list. The head of CPAC is Matt Schlapp. His wife Mercedes was on the NRA Board for a short time until she quit to work in the Trump Administration. Another bad former NRA director was Grover Norquist who is a professional tax protestor and doesn't really care about the Second Amendment. Norquist was not reelected last year. Maybe that was due to a rumor that he has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. But the reason he lost doesn't matter, he is gone and the NRA is better off without him.

No thanks, the NRA can't be saved. My money goes to Gun Owners of America!

No matter which side is right and which is wrong, the only winner(s) is/are the antigun groups.

Way to go.
The anti's should be careful what they wish for.
If Wayne ,Cox and Hammer get the boot and some bloodthirsty young guns get into power it could get sporty.
The money and power are there , just being misused.
Start going balls out after some of these bigmouthed Dems and particularly the turncoat rinos and see how fast the volume gets dialed down.

There was a time when even a fair amount of Dems didn't cross the line in vunerable districts .
Now it's all the Dems and a good amount of turncoat Republicans lining up to bend us over.
We need the organization, not the monkeys throwing us under the bus out of one side of their mouth and screaming to send money so they can "Defend our rights" out of the other.

Look at the board makeup -- celebrities, tax protestors, religious zealots, anti gay activists and many other political types who put other interests ahead of the Second Amendment. They just don't care enough.
This!

It's not that they don't care enough, it's that they only care about having the prestige of being a BOD member. Most don't attend to any of their legal responsibilities as directors.

As the Ammoland article pointed out, they and the entire organization are at risk because of that.

Someone at Everytown was reading the New Yorker and filed a complaint with the IRS over the NRA's tax status:
Gun Control Group Goes After NRA's Tax-Exempt Status
They're on Soros' payroll, so they have the deep pockets to follow through. On the other hand, maybe it will shake up enough of the old dinosaurs on the NRA BOD that they retire and let some new blood run things. Not betting the grocery money, though.

Last edited:
Someone at Everytown was reading the New Yorker and filed a complaint with the IRS over the NRA's tax status:
Gun Control Group Goes After NRA's Tax-Exempt Status
They're on Soros' payroll, so they have the deep pockets to follow through. On the other hand, maybe it will shake up enough of the old dinosaurs on the NRA BOD that they retire and let some new blood run things. Not betting the grocery money, though.

Maybe we should file a complaint with the IRS against Everytown. A donation to an organization that is trying to strip our Constitutional rights is TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!

Quote, "Please note that contributions to the Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund ARE tax-deductible. If you prefer to write a check, please make it out to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund and mail it to: Everytown For Gun Safety"

Formation 2006
Founder Michael R. Bloomberg
Type 501(c)(4)[1]
501(c)(3)[2]
Tax ID no.
26-1598353[3]
Registration no. 20-8802884[4]
Headquarters Manhattan, New York City, U.S.
Region
United States
President
John Feinblatt
Subsidiaries Moms Demand Action, Students Demand Action
Affiliations Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund, Everytown For Gun Safety Action Fund
Revenue (2016)
$36 million[5]
Expenses (2016) $36.5 million[6]
Website everytown.org[1]
Formerly called
Mayors Against Illegal Guns

I'll just leave this here: The new American Rifleman hit the mailbox yesterday with a frantic message from LaPierre. We need to send money, and lots of it, or Andrew Cuomo and the state of New York are going to put the NRA out of business.

Sometimes a house gets so neglected you have to tear it down and start over.
No compromise , no negotiation.
You screw with our member's constitutional rights and we're coming for your seat with everything we have.
The one thing politicians fear more than anything else is losing power.
Playing to any sense of morality or humanity is a waste of time, most of them have neither.

Maybe we should file a complaint with the IRS against Everytown. A donation to an organization that is trying to strip our Constitutional rights is TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!

Quote, "Please note that contributions to the Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund ARE tax-deductible. If you prefer to write a check, please make it out to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund and mail it to: Everytown For Gun Safety"

Formation 2006
Founder Michael R. Bloomberg
Type 501(c)(4)[1]
501(c)(3)[2]
Tax ID no.
26-1598353[3]
Registration no. 20-8802884[4]
Headquarters Manhattan, New York City, U.S.
Region
United States
President
John Feinblatt
Subsidiaries Moms Demand Action, Students Demand Action
Affiliations Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund, Everytown For Gun Safety Action Fund
Revenue (2016)
$36 million[5]
Expenses (2016) $36.5 million[6]
Website everytown.org[1]
Formerly called
Mayors Against Illegal Guns

I'm confused...how can a non profit, 501 (c)(3) organization such as this "everytown" do what it does, politically speaking, and still stay a 501(c)(3)? Serious question. I thought they were supposed to stay out of politics.

I'm confused...how can a non profit, 501 (c)(3) organization such as this "everytown" do what it does, politically speaking, and still stay a 501(c)(3)? Serious question. I thought they were supposed to stay out of politics.
They're both (c)(3) and (c)(4), and are allowed "limited" lobbying and advocacy. I'm sure Bloomberg's lawyers and accountants have covered their primary purposes of education and general health and welfare.

So sounds like the NRA is starting to come apart:

NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign

Quote from the article:
"Longtime National Rifle Association leader Wayne LaPierre has told the group’s board he is being extorted and pressured to resign by the organization’s president, Oliver North, over allegations of financial improprieties, in an extraordinary battle roiling one of the nation’s most powerful nonprofit political groups.

In a letter sent to NRA board members late Thursday afternoon, Mr. LaPierre, the group’s CEO and executive vice president, said he refused the demand. Instead he called on board members to “see this for what it is: a threat meant to intimidate and divide us.” "

The NRA may be mismanaged. But it is the only organization that the politicians target. That means it is the only pro gun rights organization that they actually fear.
In fact until recently I never really heard of GOA.

So realistically, you can hate on the NRA all you want. But it would be better the get the organization respectable again.

An if you want to admit it or not just know that the whole country could potentially be disarmed by the tyrants if it weren't for the NRA.

Don't really care if you agree. Just know that it is true.

Remember folks...when you talk about eating our own, just know...Divided We Will Fall.

Back
Top Bottom