• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA’s Cleans House/downward spiral megathread, Update post 567 NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

It's simply amazing to me how closely your comments about the NRA parallel the Democrats/Progessives/Liberals comments about us and Donald Trump.

Simply amazing.
Spell that out for me please.

WLP is a scumbag who has wasted MILLIONS of dollars on frivolous items including wardrobe, expensive meals, travel for him and his family etc. I noticed I asked a simple question and you didn't respond. Is there some legislation the NRA spearheaded recently that I missed?

Spell that out for me please.

WLP is a scumbag who has wasted MILLIONS of dollars on frivolous items including wardrobe, expensive meals, travel for him and his family etc. I noticed I asked a simple question and you didn't respond. Is there some legislation the NRA spearheaded recently that I missed?

Perhaps you didn't post 541 on this same page:

I agree. All for lawyers and salaries.

Oh...except for the $24,279,411 spent in the 2020 Election Cycle. There is that.

Total Independent Expenditures: $24,270,696
For Democrats: $868
Against Democrats: $16,204,881
For Republicans: $8,073,662
Against Republicans: $0
Total Electioneering Communications: $0
Communication Costs: $8,715

We picked up a lot of seats this cycle. Keep that in mind, too.

I wonder which Democrat got the $868

If you want to play small ball then go right ahead. Then be envious of all CEOs get rid of your iPhone, your F150 and your Smith and Wesson too. You you think they don't spend $$$ on suits, private planes/travel? You already cut off your nose to spite your face, why not cut off your ear and your lips too?

Actually what you are really doing is cutting off your "ability to reproduce" for the generations after you. So those who don't contribute still enjoy the 2A rights benefits from those who do. And those who come later will suffer because you skinflint. OK Boomer.

If you want to play small ball then go right ahead. Then be envious of all CEOs get rid of your iPhone, your F150 and your Smith and Wesson too. You you think they don't spend $$$ on suits, private planes/travel? You already cut off your nose to spite your face, why not cut off your ear and your lips too?

Actually what you are really doing is cutting off your "ability to reproduce" for the generations after you. So those who don't contribute still enjoy the 2A rights benefits from those who do. And those who come later will suffer because you skinflint. OK Boomer.

So much fail in this post I don't know where to begin.

Then be envious of all CEOs get rid of your iPhone, your F150 and your Smith and Wesson too. You you think they don't spend $$$ on suits, private planes/travel?
Wayne isn't a CEO, he is the EVP of a gun rights advocacy group. Personally I like as much money possible to go towards the actual advocacy part and not so much to flying his family to their island vacations for the holidays or for spoiling his 20 something blonde side piece.

Actually what you are really doing is cutting off your "ability to reproduce" for the generations after you. So those who don't contribute still enjoy the 2A rights benefits from those who do.
As outlined in my post that you quoted but obviously didn't read I still contribute. Quite a bit in fact to various organizations that actually align with my beliefs... because you know... it's MY money. The NRA isn't entitled to it simply by being the biggest organization.

And those who come later will suffer because you skinflint. OK Boomer.
See above. I diverted my NRA money to other organizations. And I'm not a boomer, so fail again.

Lastly I asked what legislation they have spearheaded and you quoted the numbers on political contributions. Still haven't seen anyone post up some bills they pushed forward. Why is it when Oliver North stated he wanted to put together a committee to investigate the financial concerns he was ousted?

lapierre has to go.
he has a tainted leadership history.
time for someone new to take the helm.

otherwise, HALF of the people who USED TO belong to the NRA will continue to NOT belong to the NRA.

More NRA fun :rolleyes:

Report: NRA Staffer Used $40K in NRA Money to Pay for Family Wedding

The NRA’s multi-front fight continues in the public eye. While New York Attorney General Letitia James seeks to dissolve the NRA out of existence, the Association filed for bankruptcy protection as it attempts to re-organize in Texas. Meanwhile, the litigation brings all the skeletons out of the closet, and unfortunately, the NRA closet seems loaded with them. The latest: an NRA staffer — identified as Millie Hallow — reportedly used $40,000 in NRA money to pay for her son’s wedding and other personal expenses.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2020/08/ny-attorney-general-nra-lawsuit/

they need to prosecute all staff who have committed fraud and/or embezzlement.

Or members could just stop sending them money. Hell, pay me instead and I'll do everything Wayne LaPierre does but for only 1% the salary. You'd be crazy not to join the Brewer Rifle Association. Just think of how much better BRA could support your sagging gun rights.

Or members could just stop sending them money. Hell, pay me instead and I'll do everything Wayne LaPierre does but for only 1% the salary. You'd be crazy not to join the Brewer Rifle Association. Just think of how much better BRA could support your sagging gun rights.
not to argue with anyone on NES but when you look at the ratio of money spent on their "mission" (lobbying, training, matches etc) versus income, they still spend more than all of the other organizations combined (size does matter). They are still the 600 lb gorilla in the room. some people have made up their minds based on the personna of one guy, a bit analogous to "anybody but Trump" group of "republicans" and "conservatives". Just MHO.

not to argue with anyone on NES but when you look at the ratio of money spent on their "mission" (lobbying, training, matches etc) versus income, they still spend more than all of the other organizations combined (size does matter). They are still the 600 lb gorilla in the room. some people have made up their minds based on the personna of one guy, a bit analogous to "anybody but Trump" group of "republicans" and "conservatives". Just MHO.

You think Wayne's Rodeo Drive shopping spree and this staffer paying $40k for her son's wedding are just outliers? Not reflective of some internal culture of corruption?

they need to prosecute all staff who have committed fraud and/or embezzlement.

Yes, and prosecution should start by cutting off their funding.

The membership has been too complacent, even with allowing the most recent bylaws changes to protect incumbent board members. The NRA needed a straight up member rebellion at an annual meeting to right the ship and unfortunately the CCP virus prevented that from occurring. Imagine if the FPC, GOA, or SAF had the NRA's resources. Leadership matters and the NRA doesn't have any. They are like the GOPe leadership, pissing in the faces of the party and the people below them are too cowardly to kick the rot out of the leadership.

some people have made up their minds based on the personna of one guy, a bit analogous to "anybody but Trump" group of "republicans" and "conservatives". Just MHO.
Love him or hate him, Trump could not serve for more than 8 years. At this point LaPierre has been in his position for 30 and has an apparently unbreakable stranglehold on the organization, even in bankruptcy. I still have hope for a post-LaPierre NRA, but the people who don't haven't reached that conclusion solely because of LaPierre. I have no idea where you came up with that insulting and inaccurate idea. They object first and foremost to the NRA's unpredictable and unprincipled approach to the question of what to lobby for when the anti-gunners are on the march. You might characterize it as a "pragmatic" way of deciding what to do, but you just never really know what the NRA is going to be willing to give in to next.

Wayne's a major problem and he needs to go but it's not just Wayne. They've supported and still support gun control. No pro-gun organization should be supporting gun control. Supporting Criminal control and supporting the RKBA is what they should have been doing and should be doing.

Perhaps you are right on the mark, but imagine what the NRA could do if it was a 1200 lb gorilla? The path to a bigger, bolder, more effective NRA begins with dumping Dirty Wayne, prosecuting those who embezzled funds and/or resources, and installing leadership with a 2A backbone. If the NRA's mission were pure, this would have already happened and I'd be an active member as opposed to a long time ex-member. Their revenue would grow by millions, yet somehow they don't care.

Perhaps you are right on the mark, but imagine what the NRA could do if it was a 1200 lb gorilla? The path to a bigger, bolder, more effective NRA begins with dumping Dirty Wayne, prosecuting those who embezzled funds and/or resources, and installing leadership with a 2A backbone. If the NRA's mission were pure, this would have already happened and I'd be an active member as opposed to a long time ex-member. Their revenue would grow by millions, yet somehow they don't care.
I was at the 70's meeting in Cincy when the old guard (fudds extrodinaire) were tossed out and Harlon Carter et al took control. It lasted until Carter's untimely death. Wayne was a force in the late 80's and early 90's calling out the congress critters, and was probably responsible in part for the sunset clause in the AWB that the critters put through. I wish that there was a similar members' revolt as the Cincy meeting.

that is exactly why it needs to be run by non-crooks.
all that money coming in COULD make a huge difference, if it was not buying LaPierre new suits and hookers.

think how many crooked politicians all that $$$ could buy!

I became a Life member at a time we could not really afford it and I'll be damned if I will jump ship after the NRA helped Gun ranges, hunter safety, children gun education and every Boy Scout Camp I ever went to as a Scout and Leader. I have to admit Wayne is a self-serving A**hole and should be tarred and feathered out of the NRA, but I'm Not ready to throw out All of the NRA.

I became a Life member at a time we could not really afford it and I'll be damned if I will jump ship after the NRA helped Gun ranges, hunter safety, children gun education and every Boy Scout Camp I ever went to as a Scout and Leader. I have to admit Wayne is a self-serving A**hole and should be tarred and feathered out of the NRA, but I'm Not ready to throw out All of the NRA.

Wayne is the NRA.

It pisses me off that some clubs require NRA membership, I don’t want to fund those Aholes...I’d rather give to Goal or Saf..or anyone else for that matter..
My club required it, I got my I’d number and since then it has expired and I’m still deleting “Last chance for a free gift” emails, they don’t stop

Back
Top Bottom