Raised Bill No. 825

January Session, 2009
LCO No. 2836

*02836_______PS_*

Referred to Committee on Public Safety and Security

Introduced by:

(PS )

AN ACT CONCERNING PAINTBALL SAFETY.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

Section 1. (NEW) (Effective October 1, 2009) No paintball facility shall allow any person under eighteen years of age to use a paintball gun at such facility without (1) instruction in procedures for the safe use of paintball equipment, or (2) presentation of a certificate attesting to such person's completion of such instruction. Such instruction may include, but need not be limited to: (A) A short video presentation of proper safety equipment and procedures, (B) verbal instruction by the staff of the paintball facility, or (C) a short written or oral examination concerning safety measures for the participant followed by an explanation of any incorrect responses. After successful completion of such instruction, the paintball facility shall issue a certificate attesting to such completion to the participant.

Sec. 2. (NEW) (Effective October 1, 2009) (a) No person shall sell a paintball gun in the state unless the prospective purchaser of the paintball gun (1) also purchases a helmet designed to protect the wearer from the possible hazards of using a paintball gun, or (2) presents proof of a prior purchase of such a helmet.

(b) The Commissioner of Consumer Protection shall enforce the provisions of this section and section 1 of this act and may adopt regulations, in accordance with the provisions of chapter 54 of the general statutes, to implement the provisions of this section and section 1 of this act.

This act shall take effect as follows and shall amend the following sections:

Section 1
October 1, 2009
New section

Sec. 2
October 1, 2009
New section

Statement of Purpose:

To require minors to attend a brief safety course prior to using a paintball gun at a paintball facility, and to require purchasers of a paintball gun to also purchase a protective helmet, and to give the Department of Consumer Protection enforcement and regulatory authority over paintball facilities and purchases.

[Proposed deletions are enclosed in brackets. Proposed additions are indicated by underline, except that when the entire text of a bill or resolution or a section of a bill or resolution is new, it is not underlined.]

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2009/TOB/S/200...825-R00-SB.htm

If I ever ran for public office it would be under this promise:

This society has been over run and inundated by useless, confiscatory,
invasive and illegal laws generated by useless and worthless lawmakers with nothing better to do than create solutions for problems that don't exist.

There have been no worthwhile laws passed in the USA since September 17, 1787 when the Constitution of the United States of America was ratified along with its subsequent Bill of Rights.

Every law proposed, passed and signed into law since that time have been superfluous, trivial and insignificant and a threat to a free society.

It is my pledge that I will never during my tenure propose or vote in favor of any law, ordinance or edict that provides for anything other than the repeal of any previous law, ordinance or edict.

The objective of this is to begin the restoration of the rights of free men and the protection thereof from governmental abuse which is in turn guaranteed by the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America.

(I'll probably lose by the way)

If I ever ran for public office it would be under this promise:

This society has been over run and inundated by useless, confiscatory,
invasive and illegal laws generated by useless and worthless lawmakers with nothing better to do than create solutions for problems that don't exist.

There have been no worthwhile laws passed in the USA since September 17, 1787 when the Constitution of the United States of America was ratified along with its subsequent Bill of Rights.

Every law proposed, passed and signed into law since that time have been superfluous, trivial and insignificant and a threat to a free society.

It is my pledge that I will never during my tenure propose or vote in favor of any law, ordinance or edict that provides for anything other than the repeal of any previous law, ordinance or edict.

The objective of this is to begin the restoration of the rights of free men and the protection thereof from governmental abuse which is in turn guaranteed by the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America.

(I'll probably lose by the way)

Run!!

Back
Top Bottom