• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Now that's what I call a GUN SAFE! "Honey,I know what I want for Christmas" :)

I'll stick to locked individual hardcases, until I can afford to devote an entire room to wall and floor racks.

That IS a nice looking safe, though.

What I find most impressive is thicknesses up to 1/4" for the wall depending on the model. The vast majority of gun safes are 10 or 12 gauge - 3/16" and 1/4" are considerably heavier and more work to cut into.

They are well made that I will give you. that is the only part of them I like. I like a big door. I like to be able to get in to the safe when I need to. Go look at one of these in person and chuck a pen into the back and see how long it takes to get it back out. If you REALLY have limited space then that is one if the biggest selling point IMHO as you can fit allot of firearms in a small space. I myself like to SEE everything when I open my safes. Waiting for the rifle or pistol I want to come around would dive me nuts.

Jeff Quinn's gunblast.com recommends these highly.

They're pricey but awesome.

It's funny you should say that. I actually e mailed him for permission to post his video. Then I saw this one. I got his e mail back this morning with his permission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, they have no fire protection. I was going to buy one until I found that out :(

Unfortunately, they have no fire protection. I was going to buy one until I found that out :(

True, but consider that the homeowner's insurance policy limits on guns generally apply to loss by theft or mysterious appearance - loss by fire is often covered to the extent of limits for household contents, which can be pretty decent if you have "replacement value" coverage.

If I had to protect against fire or theft, I'd pick theft since it's much easier to insure against fire.

Waiting for the rifle or pistol I want to come around would dive me nuts.

You don't have to "wait". There's a manual version and you can spin the carousel around as fast as you want to. [laugh]

-Mike

Once again! Can we please get rid of the stupid Google pop up ads that appear over these videos so we can see the complete video???????????????????????

Once again! Can we please get rid of the stupid Google pop up ads that appear over these videos so we can see the complete video???????????????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom