• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Now that the world hasn't ended. Whats going to happen to prices?

Anyone going to speculate how long its going to take buyer's remorse to set in and prices to come down to normal levels?

Funny enough, buyer's remorse never really sets in all that much after these panic buys. Prices will normalize, but I think the bar has been raised on AR prices... expect commercial ARs to start at about $1k instead of $800.

My bet: prices will plummet because all the those who hoarded mags, guns and ammo for speculation will now be racing to dump them to recover cash.
Same as with RE or any stock bubble and crash.

This. The anti-gun group will be back and the next round will not be as easy as this last one.

Not as easy for whom? The anti's got it handed to them. 40 votes is all they could muster for an AWB? And this stuff was just in the senate, they were saying anything passed in the senate was DOA in the house, even the toomey manchin bill. The house is much more conservative than ever before.

It was stopped by what? A 6 vote difference? They're not done yet, not by a long shot. In fact, if I know gun-grabbing globalists, they're actually encouraged. Everything is going according to plan, and a day will come when they disarm this nation.

Some may have noticed Reid voted AGAINST the gun bill,, there was a reason for this, by voting against the bill it allows him by senate rules to bring up the bill again at a time of his choosing, so by doing this he stalled for time to try to get more votes. not over yet.

It was stopped by what? A 6 vote difference? They're not done yet, not by a long shot. In fact, if I know gun-grabbing globalists, they're actually encouraged. Everything is going according to plan, and a day will come when they disarm this nation.

This was the best chance though. Each additional try loses steam and the public wants them to move on. If the D's had the majority in each house, a NY type of deal would have been rammed through in a week. They are so bitter and angry because they know this was their chance. I know they'll try in the future but the younger generations are more pro gun than each previous. They can only pass anti crap in a few states.

Don't forget about what's been happening on the state level to most of the northeast. Even if we see little or no impact at the federal level, MA may be up shitskreek from state-level BS.

Plus even if the antis cant get it done at the federal level, they are just ramming it down our throats at the state level. NY, CT, CA, RI, MA, etc

Until SCOTUS steps up and makes a ruling on constitutionality of state gun control its going to be the states that get most of this BS pushed through.

Sent from my...... you dont care!

If you truly believe prices are going to drop substantially you should be selling everything you own(except for your carry gun) with the intention of buying it all back when prices drop.
Prices may ease but they will likely settle in at a level that is still considered high by most of us.
I believe demand for ammo may ease slightly but I think people will continue to stockpile. Whatever quantity you had in November 2012 you are probably thinking that it wasn't enough. People will continue to buy.

Let's just make sure real conservatives continue to dominate the House so even if something gets rammed through the Senate, we have another firewall.

This fight is far from over. People like Chief (liz) Warren, will never stop until a total ban is in place. There was no compromise on the background check bill. The only compromises that where voted on where shot down (pun intended). This is actually the time to put all the pressure on. We may have won yesterday, but this is far from over.

With the gun control frenzy and the Boston bombing, I don't think we will see common powders on the shelves for another year.

Late fall for ammo to catch up. On the reloading side I think it could be quite a bit longer.

Prices are not coming back down on ammo, period.

The very fact that some of us are sitting on the sidelines "waiting for prices to come down" means there's still a LOT of demand that has yet to be satisfied.

Lets put it this way, if I walked into some place like Cabela's and saw the Federal 22LR 2100rd ammo cans sitting on a pallet at $80 like they were last year with no limit, I would literally go buy as much as I could fit in my vehicle.

If .223 came back down to $300-350 for brass I would buy at least five more cases and if Tula came back down to $200-250 per case I would probably buy 10k more.

That's just me and doesn't include the reloading stuff I still want to stock up on.

Everything is going according to plan, and a day will come when they disarm this nation.

I doubt it.... I think the gun grabbers (Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Schumer etc) were legitimately upset at their defeat yesterday. They will just have to move to plan B.... more "under the radar" activities...

All I know is this hectic craziness of today. Idk what its like to just walk into a walmart and get whatever I want or pick up .223 for $350.

I haven't taught basic pistol classes in quite a while. When I was actively teaching, prior to 9/11 my students would all say that they wanted to get an LTC just for target shooting. I suspected some of them wanted LTCs for personal defense, but that they weren't comfortable saying that. After 9/11, demand for my classes tripled and every student said they wanted an LTC for personal protection. Membership applications at our club doubled or tripled as well.

Also, Obama has said that "this isn't the end" for gun control. In other words, he is going to keep pushing for it. So between that and the marathon bombing, I don't expect demand to lessen anytime soon.

not over yet this particular battle was a lost and they got slapped in the face pretty hard but they will no doubt move on to plan B. i see somethings coming back to earth a little bit but not everything

Anyone going to speculate how long its going to take buyer's remorse to set in and prices to come down to normal levels?

Nothing. Colorado, CT, NY, and possibly others, have all gone full retard and that alone is enough to continue to **** up prices for most of the rest of the year.

Last time there was no buyers remorse. Most people kept the crap that they bought, I don't expect this to be any different.

This is just Obamascare 1 reloaded, although the ammo situation seems to be even more retarded than it was before.

-Mike

Did she say why ammo shortages will take 4 years to lessen?

After Obama was elected in 2008, it took about 4 years for prices to finally start to come down on ammo, so I'd expect the same
in this case :-(

Back
Top Bottom