Now that the Gun Control Initiatives are dead-in-the-water on the National Level...

I doubt it. That is likely par of the plan since these initiatives are much easier t get though a the state level, as evidenced by what has already happened in NY and CT.

Dont let your guard down.. yesterday was a great day, obviously,Obama was pissed off but I dont think the iniatiatives are completely dead. They have vowed to keep the fight going, so must we. Finally, the good people did not drink the Kool aid and blindly follow Obama.

My Cousin who's a Cop in Quincy says that most of the State Sponsored Stuff is all dead in committee

Also...good F*cking Luck to Hussein trying to get anymore Domestic Legislation through after throwing the Senate under the bus and calling the Pro-Gun Lobby a bunch of liars!

So Linsky a few days back (maybe 2 weeks) on NECN (?) saying he didn't think anything would happen on the national level and the state level is where it will all get done. I have heard from a few legislators who said nothing will get done in MA and one who said nothing will be done until next year. But who knows? I will be watching carefully and It's Time will keep you all informed.

Will the State proposed action/bills pretty much die on the vine without any National support?

?

First of all, national initiatives are not dead. We just held them back this go-around. 2014 mid-term elections will be crucial.

Second of all, why would state bills die? MD, CT, and NY have already passed ridiculous laws. We aren't far behind...

Will the State proposed action/bills pretty much die on the vine without any National support?

?

No.

The bills on the national level died because the legislators in other states wouldn't support them. They wouldn't support them because they knew that doing so would hurt them in the next election.

State Senators and Reps in MA know that supporting gun control will help them in the next election. MA isn't MT.

This is only going to strengthen the resolve of the gun-grabbers at the state level. I was never nearly as concerned about the federal laws as I am about what they're trying to pull at the state level. On the national level we at least have red states with reps that will (mostly) vote the way we need them to. Things are definitely stacked against us at the state level and now Obama and his cronies will focus on states like MA to help make an example to the rest of the nation. We must not lose more than we already have!

Seeing the rage of their Messiah on full display will certainly energize MA progressives.

Do not underestimate the gun grabbers. They WILL be back. They just have had more success in a handful of states then at the national level right now. We need to continue to fight them on both fronts.

Just the opposite. We should be more concerned at the state level. Revenge is going to be on the minds of our freedom loving representatives and they are going to want to take it out on us.

So Linsky a few days back (maybe 2 weeks) on NECN (?) saying he didn't think anything would happen on the national level and the state level is where it will all get done. I have heard from a few legislators who said nothing will get done in MA and one who said nothing will be done until next year. But who knows? I will be watching carefully and It's Time will keep you all informed.

I said back in Jan the MA stuff probably wasn't going anywhere. They are so focused on the budget and transportation, that is sucking all the oxygen and time. They all know MA already has ridiculous laws, so they can't go much further. CT, MD, CO, they are just going to where we are. NY is crazy but that was slammed through early.

They'll try everywhere but the momentum has waned and they know it. That's why they tried to stuff everything through quickly. We are all very focused 365 days a year. Even most anti's have a short attention span.

I said back in Jan the MA stuff probably wasn't going anywhere. They are so focused on the budget and transportation, that is sucking all the oxygen and time. They all know MA already has ridiculous laws, so they can't go much further. CT, MD, CO, they are just going to where we are. NY is crazy but that was slammed through early.

They'll try everywhere but the momentum has waned and they know it. That's why they tried to stuff everything through quickly. We are all very focused 365 days a year. Even most anti's have a short attention span.

You are deluded if you believe that. They are well organized and well funded. They will take any opportunity that presents itself to sneak something in.

Back
Top Bottom