Now I remember why...

Tim_McD

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Love the milder mix of seasons in NC. Longer summer. Shorter winter. Cargo shorts to work from April to October.
Around here they have a name for people who move from the Northeast, down to Florida then to the mid-Atlantic region.
Halfback.
Wanted to move to NC about 15 yrs ago, but the lovely bride was fixated on the "friends and family" loss. She certainly has regretted that decision, esp since a few of her friends have made the move and she gets to see what might have been.

She is now actively monitoring real estate in anticipation of a move south once my daughter graduates from high school (she figures my son could attend middle/high school down there no problem - as making friends isn't an issue).

I cannot wait to move towards freedom

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to move to NC about 15 yrs ago, but the lovely bride was fixated on the "friends and family" loss. She certainly has regretted that decision, esp since a few of her friends have made the move and she gets to see what might have been.

She is now actively monitoring real estate in anticipation of a move south once my daughter graduates from high school (she figures my son could attend middle/high school down there no problem - as making friends isn't an issue).

I can wait wait to move towards freedom
Lots of school districts with "W Town" level public schools without the "W Town" home prices and taxes.
There are some "occupied"areas in NC with people who forgot why they left the NE.
Cary NC is known as the Containment Area for Related Yankees. [emoji12] [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm looking at the research triangle in NC. House prices are good between Durham and Raleigh. I'm trying to land a job with a tech company that has offices here and in NC so in 2-3 (maybe sooner) I can see if I can make a move to that office.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm looking at the research triangle in NC. House prices are good between Durham and Raleigh. I'm trying to land a job with a tech company that has offices here and in NC so in 2-3 (maybe sooner) I can see if I can make a move to that office.
You might want to look a little further south, unless you like higher taxes and having to go get a permission slip from your CLEO every time you want to purchase a handgun.

Google- NC pistol purchase permit- if you're unfamiliar.

Plenty of tech companies here in SC w/ more coming to the state all the time. Nothing but an ID needed to buy guns. No BGC if you have a CWP and the longest hunting season in the country. What tech field are you looking for?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You might want to look a little further south, unless you like higher taxes and having to go get a permission slip from your CLEO every time you want to purchase a handgun.

Google- NC pistol purchase permit- if you're unfamiliar.

Plenty of tech companies here in SC w/ more coming to the state all the time. Nothing but an ID needed to buy guns. No BGC if you have a CWP and the longest hunting season in the country. What tech field are you looking for?
Wait...what??? I didn't know I needed a permit for every pistol.
I need to research taxes. I'm just used to higher taxes always do oppression from MA.

I'm in the software world. First I was in finance now I'm in Cyber sec. I need to be somewhere I can settle down and know I can always jump to another near by company. That area in NC keeps growing when it comes to tech companies.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
True the cold here does get old fast. But I have some friends who moved to Texas and keep posting pics. Everything is so effing FLAT!! And the houses.... All the same arranged in subdivisions containing thousands of identical houses in a giant grid! Sure, there must be some not in giant cookie cutter subdivisions, but not from any of my friends or relatives. And no basements.... Where do you keep your crap?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Climate controlled storage! LOL
And we live in one of those cities with all the cookie cutter houses which is why we won't buy here. But not all of Texas is flat. I've been to Big Bend NP - gorgeous! Haven't yet gone to Guadalupe but I will. And then there's "hill country" which I still haven't found.

Top Bottom